davidd's A Doll A Day 2019
[quote pid='8241825' dateline='1571364906']

EW!!!  
But, my bugs are pretty bugs Tongue
[/quote]

You shoulda seen this one:

[Image: j_cricket.jpg]

Jerusalem cricket, also known as a Devil's Baby or a Skull insect. Close to 2 inches / 5 cm long.

It was lurking under some decomposing wooden planks.

Triv and Janie elected to keep their distance from this one. I carefully replaced some flat boards over it and left it alone.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
I hope Triv didn’t sustain any permanent injuries.
I now declare this bridge (maybe a bit too) open!

Exquisite photos!

Also, eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!!!! Scaaaryyyy crickeeeeeeeeet!!!
Congrats on the bridge!

... Creepy bugs!
Congrats of the successful (if possibly not-exactly-level) bridge.

What a fascinating ugly bug. I’m pleased that you left it alone though.

And I’m surprised this is the first major fall you’ve had with the girls, considering all the work they’ve been doing. (And I’m glad to hear that Triv is okay, it must have been a bit scary that they might have been damaged.)
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
[Image: october18a.jpg]

[Image: october18b.jpg]
18 October – X Marks the Spot
OK, I think it's because I'm tired, but I started wondering how many buildings around me were actually constructed by dolls. Is that the secret of the pyramids? And Stonehenge? And Nazca lines? And Göbekli Tepe? We may never know...
Hm. But what does X mark the spot for?
(10-19-2019, 02:35 AM)werepuppy Wrote: Hm. But what does X mark the spot for?

It's where the bodies are hidden.
(10-18-2019, 12:25 PM)davidd Wrote: Jerusalem cricket, also known as a Devil's Baby or a Skull insect. Close to 2 inches / 5 cm long.
Gah!! Oh My
I looked them up... "Despite their common names, these insects are neither true crickets (which belong to the family Gryllidae) nor true bugs (which belong to the order Hemiptera), nor are they native to Jerusalem...." haha, OK...
Sounds like they are pretty good for cleaning up dead stuff, as long as you don't annoy them and get bitten.
The crew wishes to state that they will not be posing with any of our giant spiders.

(10-19-2019, 02:31 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: OK, I think it's because I'm tired, but I started wondering how many buildings around me were actually constructed by dolls. Is that the secret of the pyramids? And Stonehenge? And Nazca lines? And Göbekli Tepe? We may never know...
Ha! LOL
Well, after learning about the menehune (mighty little builders) on our Hawaii trip, Sunsette is convinced it's a translation error and that it was really "minihune" and they're cousins ... LOL

(10-19-2019, 06:47 AM)fishy Wrote:
(10-19-2019, 02:35 AM)werepuppy Wrote: Hm. But what does X mark the spot for?
It's where the bodies are hidden.
Oh My xp LOL
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
I think the girls need to meet a huntsman, now there’s a big spider.
[Image: october19a.jpg]
19 October – "First we painted these, and now we have to move them all?"

[Image: october19b.jpg]
"We have to move some of them out of the way until later; others we will be using, so they go in a different pile; oh, and, we
need to sort them by size: the thinnest ones in one stack, the thickest ones in another stack, and the rest in a third stack."
That's certainly a lot of work they've got to get done, I hope they manage it all.

Seriously, the posing here seems so effortless and realistic.
Sorting them by thickness - are they going to impale a lot of people of various sizes?
(10-20-2019, 02:27 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Sorting them by thickness - are they going to impale a lot of people of various sizes?

LOL  Your Transylvanian heritage is showing!