davidd's A Doll A Day 2019
Brilliant! I love this one! Not only the cool effect the fire makes, but also the composition, the play of the shadows on the snow and clouds that define foreground, middle ground and background of the picture, and the vibrant contrast between blue and orange amidst whites, grays and earth tones. Brilliant!
Oh, that's fantastic looking! I have no idea how you managed it, but it's amazing.

(Also, yeah, where's Triv? Her likeness for fireness, she would be right there...)
(12-13-2019, 10:51 PM)werepuppy Wrote: Also, yeah, where's Triv? Her likeness for fireness, she would be right there...

Triv was working behind the camera as a technical consultant and stunt supervisor.   yay

[Image: december13.jpg]
13 December – The Party Never Dies

Seriously, a blurry snapshot of Monster High stickers is my Doll a Day pic?

Yeah, well, I'll spare you most of the annoyed rant. Let's just say that I spent more hours than I care to count, from early afternoon until well after dark, in a local gift/hardware/pharmacy store, and this package of Monster High stickers is an example of how up to date and relevant most of the merchandise is in this place... or in this entire podunk town.

Actually, I'm surprised they had anything this modern. (There was also a package of Star Wars: The Last Jedi stickers.) It would not have surprised me to see Jackson 5ive, or even The Dave Clark Five, merchandise. Seriously, it is Backwoods Central out here in... in Backwoods Central.

I might have been excited if these stickers were, y'know, new, but they've obviously been here since the heyday of Monster High. I doubt that the stickers would come unstuck from the backing paper at this point, or if they would stick on whatever you stuck 'em to.

Oh well, Friday the 13th... I suppose I should have expected a day like this.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Weirdly, I am legit excited to see these? I never did see stickers back in the heyday
GLITTER STICKERS!!!!!

Ooof, sorry, slip of the tongue. I hope tomorrow/today (well, all days) is better for you!
[Image: december14.jpg]
14 December – The Most Dangerous Quarry of All... is Man!

Uh oh! Looks like poor Joe wandered in to a hunting preserve... where he has become the hunted!
Oh, Joe, I hope Lady Fate is looking kindly on you...
Is that Triv with the rifle? She’s a real outdoors woman isn’t she?
Oh my!! Oh My
Terrific perspective here!

If your Backwoods Central "gift/hardware/pharmacy store" is anything like ours, I would suspect the pharmacy portion for the long delay. Our pharmacist is extremely nice, but they're sooo s...l...o...w.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Duck, Joe! Duck!!!
[Image: december15b.jpg]
15 December – Smart Doll Cocoa Mirai
So not Triv? Don't mess with Mirai!
(12-16-2019, 02:16 PM)Elfy Wrote: So not Triv? Don't mess with Mirai!

Correct... not Triv! Triv is in to fire, not firearms!
Well, she looks ready for action!
Is it the lighting, or does she have kinda purple blush?
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
(12-16-2019, 02:31 PM)Alliecat Wrote: Is it the lighting, or does she have kinda purple blush?

It's partly the lighting and the photo processing which exaggerates the contrast, but her blush, to my eye, is overdone. It is actually more pink than purple, but it is definitely just-short-of-clownlike in intensity.