davidd's A Doll A Day 2019
The wink on that girl... Clearly she's planning something and is just signalling to the others that it's going to happen.

Great photo.
I absolutely love her egqkspression!
[Image: february16.jpg]
16 February – Pinky Street PC2007 "Sakura Wars" Sakura Shinguji – Alternate Outfit
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
She looks so determined - the snow will not stop her from her duty
How very dramatic! This is a really beautiful photo. The smaller the figure, the harder it is to make things like light and surroundings work, but you seem to pull it off effortlessly every single time. I know the effort is there, but only because I've tried to take pics of small dolls / figures myself, so I know it's tricky. You make it look like a piece of cake.
(02-17-2019, 10:32 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: You make it look like a piece of cake.

Thank you! I think it is a matter of eksperience. I've taken more Pinky photos than all other doll scales combined, so it seems easier. I think I'm also more accustomed to working with Pinky Street figures specifically. Other "action figure" sized dolls and figures present a greater challenge.

I'm also quite comfortable with this particular little point-n-shoot camera, and have learned how to maximize the features while minimizing the limitations.

I'm sure you have certain types of figures that you find easier to work with. In 1:6 scale, I'm getting accustomed to working with Bratz, but Pullips still give me fits! And I simply cannot take "glamorous" photos of my (now) two Integrity dolls, although other photographers on Flickr and Instagram make Integrity pics look, as you say, effortless.

And then there are the Smart Dolls. I am still finding them incredibly frustrating to photograph. I'm having daily "mood swings" over those dolls; one minute I want to buy them more clothes and accessories, and the next I want to list them all on eBay and take whatever I can get for them. That's definitely a "love-hate" relationship at the moment, currently edging away from the "love" side of the equation.

Also, I'm trying to be somewhat less lazy with my Doll A Day photos this year.
Looks great, she’s going to bring and end to winter.
(02-17-2019, 12:39 PM)Elfy Wrote: Looks great, she’s going to bring and end to winter.

I certainly hope so! Fight off winter, use a sword if necessary!
She's a fierce warrior there - going to defeat the seasons with her sword
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
[Image: february17.jpg]
17 February – Pinky Street PC2017 "Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya" Tsuruya-san
wearing PC2016 Yuki Nagato witch costume

Ah, she looks .so mischievous, like she ready to cast some little jinx that will result in a ton of fun for her, even if no one else finds it so.

Wondering how many of these little cuties you have, it's really fun to see them all.
AAAAAHHHHHHHHH! Tooooo much cuuuteneeeessss! I love this figure! And the lighting! I haven't been able to pull off good high contrast low key lighting on 1/6 scale so far, let alone on something so small!
(02-18-2019, 09:49 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: I haven't been able to pull off good high contrast low key lighting on 1/6 scale so far, let alone on something so small!

I think the lighting is actually easier with smaller figures. Using small subjects allows the use of smaller lights in less space. Of course, tiny adjustments in the lighting can make a big difference in the effect, but it's easy to keep shifting the lights around and snapping lots of eksposures. For this particular shot, I used a single desk lamp as a light and... no joke... a piece of aluminum foil from a slice of pizza I brought home the other night as a reflector. Over-eksposing the highlights is an issue with which I still struggle. There's a bit of that in this photo, unfortunately.

(02-18-2019, 09:23 AM)werepuppy Wrote: Wondering how many of these little cuties you have, it's really fun to see them all.

I should start keeping a list of my Doll A Day photo subjects, because I honestly do not know how many Pinky figures I have. I should also try to research and compile a complete Pinky list, to see how close I am to having all of them. There were quite a number of color variations on some releases, and a lot of special collaboration releases, so I know I am nowhere near having all of them. But with prices having become more reasonable on the secondary market, this might be the time to consider pursuing a "complete" collection.
More Pinky adorableness! You're going to make me pull mine out to play when I really need to be working on some other things.
That is so cute! smile