davidd's A Doll A Day 2019
I don’t know anything about the characters the Pinky’s are based on, but this one just screams highwayman at me.
[Image: february18a.jpg]
18 February – Pinky Street Series 6 PK018 – Mikimiki
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
She’s very sweet, looks a but wistful there.
So pretty! She looks like that sweet-looking-but-deadly kind of girl.
With the way the photo is lit, creating the huge shadows, there's this feeling of the innocent girl heading towards the deadly danger...
The witch costume is super cute!

Mikimiki is actually one of the three Pinky’s I bought myself; I need to get my pictures posted...
(02-19-2019, 03:30 PM)Elfy Wrote: She’s very sweet, looks a bit wistful there.

Doubtless wondering why she has been confined to a storage bin for such a long time, and, after looking around, thinking perhaps she was better off in there!

(02-19-2019, 10:01 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: So pretty! She looks like that sweet-looking-but-deadly kind of girl.

Yes, those bows on her shoes and handbag doubtlessly add to the impression of deadliness.

(02-20-2019, 12:43 AM)werepuppy Wrote: With the way the photo is lit, creating the huge shadows, there's this feeling of the innocent girl heading towards the deadly danger...

An alternative eksplanation is that the shadows disguise the clutter in the background, but let's go with your interpretation.

(02-20-2019, 12:46 AM)GreysPrincess Wrote: Mikimiki is actually one of the three Pinky’s I bought myself....

Mikimiki is an interesting variation from the usual Pinky Street style with the huge hair addition.

[Image: february19.jpg]
19 February – Pinky Street PD001B – Bitter Saki
First thought: okay, she's adorable

Second thought: And on this ice ridden day, the bat-girl had made her solemn vow, she would have her vengeance... And the thought made her smile.
Baaaatwiiiiiiiiiinnngssss! Me loves! Me wants! And that fishbone necktie is golden!
Ooh I'm liking those bat wings
---
Own: Pullip Akemi, Pullip Les Secrets by Laduree (Seccotine), Dal Madoka Kaname, Docolla Dal Kyubey, Pullip Homura Akemi, Le Petit Prince The Fox (Vicky), 

Wishlist: Queen Serenity, Princess Serenity, Princess Kakyuu, Sailor Moon in general, Utena, Anthy, Kumiho, Secret Garden of the White Witch, Mami Tomoe, Le Petit Prince The Rose, Isul Le Petit Prince,
---
[Image: february20.jpg]
20 February – Pinky Street PD001A – Sweet Saki
I wonder what is she working on...
Ah, such an innocent looking girl. I wonder what her project is?
I’m betting on bat wings.
(02-20-2019, 03:48 AM)werepuppy Wrote: And on this ice ridden day, the bat-girl had made her solemn vow, she would have her vengeance... And the thought made her smile.

I love this comment! It would have made the perfect caption!

[Image: february21.jpg]
21 February – Pinky Street Series 10 PK029