davidd's A Doll A Day 2019
(04-16-2019, 05:07 PM)Elfy Wrote: Big shoes wouldn’t help keep you out of the way of our snakes. We grow ‘em big down here!

Oh My Whacked

Well, scorpions, then; at least they can stomp on the scorpions!

(04-16-2019, 06:14 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Way Too Much Weight has very pretty blue hair!

Cloë will not be happy with what is now almost certain to become her Official Action Heroez identity!
LOL

(04-16-2019, 08:05 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: The problem with those particular bush walking shoes is that they may save you from the snakes, but you’re that much closer to the drop-bears...

Oh My  Drop bears?

OMG! Drop Bears!

Something like the Jackalopes we deal with out here in the rural American west, only more dangerous!

(04-16-2019, 11:56 PM)werepuppy Wrote: Well, the Action Girlz can be catty. It's a great action shot!

Catty? The Action Girlz? Oh, what could possibly lead you to such a conclusion?

Other than, maybe....

this

or this

or maybe this

[Image: april16.jpg]
16 April – Bratz Action Heroez Shira
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Cute! Shira looks just like how I feel a lot of days. Bed hair don't care; you gotta problem with me?? LOL

This forum is so educational! I remember hearing about drop bears sometime in the past. I looked it up again and had a fun read about some of the other creatures as well. I'm all set to visit Australia; I'm pretty good at some accents & think I could speak passable Strine, which I understand is one of the defenses. wink
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
See, I'm getting the vibe from this girl that she's the person who will start a physical fight, and she'll end it too.
Fierce lady! Making sure nobody's causing trouble in this notorious alleyway. Nobody but her, that is...

I'd probably pass on these because of articulation, but their hair and screenings are fabulous! Do they have their own sculpts or are they using the existing Bratz ones?
(04-17-2019, 08:24 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: I'd probably pass on these because of articulation, but their hair and screenings are fabulous! Do they have their own sculpts or are they using the existing Bratz ones?

I'm not sufficiently familiar with the Bratz line... believe it or not... to know whether these are unique sculptz. The Action Heroez are slightly taller than standard Bratz dollz, but I have not compared head sizes.

While the articulation in the legs is somewhat limited – these dollz have rubber-type legz with 3 or 4 position "click kneez" like older Barbie dollz – the arms are articulated at the shoulders, elbows (hinged and rotating) and wrists (hinged and rotating). But the gaps at the jointz are large and not well finished and totally hideous, so I lightly touch them up using the touch-up tool in my photo editing program. The "running" photo and the "Bratz cave" photo from a few days ago offer an indication of the level of articulation in the legs.
(04-18-2019, 02:09 AM)davidd Wrote:
(04-17-2019, 08:24 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: I'd probably pass on these because of articulation, but their hair and screenings are fabulous! Do they have their own sculpts or are they using the existing Bratz ones?

I'm not sufficiently familiar with the Bratz line... believe it or not... to know whether these are unique sculptz. The Action Heroez are slightly taller than standard Bratz dollz, but I have not compared head sizes.

While the articulation in the legs is somewhat limited – these dollz have rubber-type legz with 3 or 4 position "click kneez" like older Barbie dollz – the arms are articulated at the shoulders, elbows (hinged and rotating) and wrists (hinged and rotating). But the gaps at the jointz are large and not well finished and totally hideous, so I lightly touch them up using the touch-up tool in my photo editing program. The "running" photo and the "Bratz cave" photo from a few days ago offer an indication of the level of articulation in the legs.

I see, thanks!
Fierce lady! No one is gonna mess with her
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
[Image: april17.jpg]
17 April – Bratz Action Heroez Yasmin
A great overhead shot, it adds an air of apprehension, like she's sneaking up on something and could be caught at any moment. Great use of shadow as well, to add to the feeling of needing to not been seen. Just what is she after?
Marvelous! So dramatic! She looks like she's on a spy mission, and she's pulling it off despite the strikingly bright and a bit over-the-top outfit!
"Man, I hope no one can see me in my neon green super hero suit" -Yasmin, probably
But really the use of shadows and lighting is really good! Something about it really brings out her eye color too. I've always loved Bratz dolls, and these super action heroez are the absolute prettiest!
(04-18-2019, 05:45 PM)werepuppy Wrote: Great use of shadow as well, to add to the feeling of needing to not been seen. Just what is she after?

Thanks! This was a spur of the moment shot. I saw the shadows falling between some items on the tabletop and was all like, ooh! Film noir!

(04-18-2019, 06:16 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Marvelous! So dramatic! She looks like she's on a spy mission, and she's pulling it off despite the strikingly bright and a bit over-the-top outfit!

Yes, Yasmin's Action Heroez outfit may be the most flamboyant of them all. I suppose I did her a disservice by muting the colors in this pic. A bright orange cape combined with a neon green and neon purply-pink costume is... well, okay, maybe it was better to mute the colors a little bit!

Yas is my favorite of the Action Heroez. She makes me laugh every time I see her.

(04-19-2019, 05:50 AM)Goblin Wrote: "Man, I hope no one can see me in my neon green super hero suit" ... I've always loved Bratz dolls, and these super action heroez are the absolute prettiest!

Stealth is the key, and every crime fighter knows how important it is to remain unobtrusive!  LOL I agree, the face screenings on the Action Heroez versions are very pretty; still Bratz-like, without the "edgy" edge. Plus, their hair is just too cool! Three colors in Yasmin's hair!

[Image: april18.jpg]
One if by land, and two if by sea,
And I on the opposite shore will be,
Ready to ride and spread the alarm
Through every Middlesex village and farm
For the country folk to be up and to arm!
On the 18th of April in '75
Hardly a man is now alive
Who remembers that famous day and year
– Longfellow
Ooh, very atmospheric. I like how her blow in the darkness seems to be the main source of light in the picture
At first sight, I thought it was a cursed carousel. But it's much more dramatic! The Midnight Ride!
Awesome shot.
(04-19-2019, 07:17 PM)werepuppy Wrote: Ooh, very atmospheric. I like how her glow in the darkness seems to be the main source of light in the picture

The glow of the Bratzillaz Midnight Beach figures is quite intense!

(04-19-2019, 08:15 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: At first sight, I thought it was a cursed carousel. But it's much more dramatic! The Midnight Ride!
Awesome shot.

A cursed carousel sounds like an intriguing concept. I must file that idea away for possible future use.

[Image: april19.jpg]
19 April – Monster High Gilda Goldstag encounters an anomaly in the forest