davidd's A Doll A Day 2019
Aw man I loved Winx Club! The first time it showed her name was Layla, so I wonder why they changed that. I have 4 of the orginal ones myself! It's such a nice shot and doesnt look lazy at all! For real! Hard to go wrong with nature.
Party scene incoming!!

Your uninspired shot still looks good, like it’s miles from anywhere
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Aisha is beautiful! And looks totally badass in that jacket! The secret to successful uncreative quick shots are dolls that are pretty from any angle in any pose, so you've got that covered, and you even added interesting landscape!
(It's not a secret stairway!)

Aisha looks very badass here. "Oh yeah, just rescued a ton of people, foiled an illegal dumping scheme and stopped a wild fire. But honestly, has anyone seen my shades?"
(04-23-2019, 01:55 PM)Goblin Wrote: Aw man I loved Winx Club! The first time it showed her name was Layla, so I wonder why they changed that. 

Interesting; other than the Jakks Pacific US release dolls, I do not know a lot about Winx Club, so I did not know that Aisha originally had a different name.

(Or...research indicates that Aisha was her original name, which then became Layla in some English dubs, but was later changed back to Aisha.)

(04-23-2019, 04:07 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: Your uninspired shot still looks good, like it’s miles from anywhere

I kind of live miles from anywhere. In the States, if you're over an hour away from a McDonalds or a Walmart, it's pretty remote.

(04-23-2019, 08:58 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Aisha is beautiful! And looks totally badass in that jacket! The secret to successful uncreative quick shots are dolls that are pretty from any angle in any pose, so you've got that covered, and you even added interesting landscape!

Yeah, the Winx Club dolls are pretty cute. Aisha and Musa are my favorites.
The "badass" jacket is from one of the Twilight movie Barbie dolls.

(04-24-2019, 12:19 AM)werepuppy Wrote: Aisha looks very badass here. "Oh yeah, just rescued a ton of people, foiled an illegal dumping scheme and stopped a wild fire. But honestly, has anyone seen my shades?"

Why yes...   Sweatdrop ... of course...  yay ... that's exactly how Aisha spent her afternoon; indeed, how she spends almost every afternoon!  LOL

(And now that you mention it, I think she did have some cool shades with this outfit at one time. A search through the storage tubs is in order.)

[Image: april23.jpg]
23 April – Tonner Dolls Maudlynne Macabre looking like the little kid she's supposed to be
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
She also looks like she's waiting for someone...an old friend perhaps?
I agree, she's waiting on someone or something here. She also looks very adorable there. And there's this air of almost slight amusement from her. It's a good pice
Oh she's adorable! I'm in love with her big glasses and delicate figure! I've never seen these dolls before! She looks like she's waiting for something.. ..
That's Maudsie for you - dominating the armchair - the whole room, even - with absolute confidence, eventhough it's so much bigger in scale!
Yes, tiny, but dominates the room, very Edna Mode.
I already commented on IG about this one - it’s a really lovely shot.

We live in the smallest mainland state here, which is approximately the size of the UK. We were boggled by how close together everything was when we travelled to Europe a few years back. There are plenty of places in just our state that you would be an hour or more drive from the nearest town of reasonable size.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
(04-24-2019, 04:27 PM)Elfy Wrote: She also looks like she's waiting for someone...an old friend perhaps?

(04-24-2019, 05:31 PM)werepuppy Wrote: I agree, she's waiting on someone or something here. She also looks very adorable there. And there's this air of almost slight amusement from her.

I think Maudlynne is plotting potential mischief while waiting for her friend China Girl.  Tongue

(04-25-2019, 06:55 AM)Goblin Wrote: Oh she's adorable! I'm in love with her big glasses and delicate figure! I've never seen these dolls before! 

Maudlynne is... or was... released by Tonner Dolls a few years ago. Maudlynne is out of production and Tonner is out of business. How quickly the doll world changes.

(04-25-2019, 07:28 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: That's Maudsie for you - dominating the armchair - the whole room, even - with absolute confidence, even though it's so much bigger in scale!

I wish I could appear as confident at Maudlynne manages to.

(04-25-2019, 10:50 AM)Elfy Wrote: Yes, tiny, but dominates the room, very Edna Mode.

Nice reference to her hairstyle & eyeglasses combo!

(04-25-2019, 11:13 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: We live in the smallest mainland state here, which is approximately the size of the UK.  We were boggled by how close together everything was when we travelled to Europe a few years back.  There are plenty of places in just our state that you would be an hour or more drive from the nearest town of reasonable size.

LOL Heh I know what you mean. I've visited Holbrook! 

[Image: april24a.jpg]
24 April – Time to Clean Up the Christmas Mess... Finally... Maybe.

[Image: april24b.jpg]
After the Decorations and Clutter were Removed

This is the primary room box set for the Tales from the Dollie Dungeon photo-story. It took quite a beating during the holiday photo shoot, and was definitely showing some serious wear and tear prior to that. The set requires some structural as well as cosmetic touch-ups, and will benefit from some enhancements to address some technical shortcomings I've encountered during photo shoots. I've been dreading cleaning up the Christmas mess, obviously, but now that the clutter is largely cleared away, I am beginning to look forward to making the necessary repairs and improvements to this versatile little room box.

Midnight Beach Cloetta appeared only as a background character in the holiday photo session, but she has been standing there on the shelf amid the clutter ever since. Kinda sad, I suppose; but maybe it's better than being stuck in a storage tub.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Oh, wow. You know, from all your photos of it I never realised how relatively small the set was. You do a great job with your angles in photos, makes it all seem far larger.
Yay for decluttering progress. Hope you'll be inspired to do some renovations of the set and some more photos.
Maudsie is adorable, and I really love this little room set. The angel statue is the perfect touch.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Such a change when you declutter.