davidd's A Doll A Day 2019
Auwe!!  This sounds like the kind of thing I'd get into, and I'd be spending more time having tantrums than injecting dolly good cheer into it, so, good for you -- taking time to do those photos in the middle of that mess.  Now I know who to start asking questions of, if mine craps out.  When the plumber changed the hot water tank he said the pump was cycling on & off quickly enough that he thinks the bladder in the tank may be 'going'.  I don't know how fast a 40-60 pump is supposed to cycle, or whether it's supposed to drop rapidly when it hits 50 before it comes on, so I don't know if he's trying to get himself more work or not (this wouldn't surprise me).
ANYwho, I'm glad you've got things working for now.  One can learn an awful lot of DIY from Youtube, although there's a limit when you have to call someone.  I can sympathize with the nothing-open-within-2-hours'-drive part too, although after hours I'd be SOL because the ferry doesn't run at night.
I love the photos, especially the way the girls in the 2nd one are posed as though they're deep in discussion and they look like they know what they're doing!  I've never seen these either I don't think... and it's nice to think glitter does make everything better!
Hope you don't have further repairs, especially the ex$pensive kind.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
A great way to "cheer up" an annoying but necessary home repair.

And its true - pretty much any home repair can be done with either duct tape or wD40 - and a liberal helping of "helpful" words. And in this case, fairy glitter!
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
(05-11-2019, 03:06 PM)Elfy Wrote: The Flairies do sound like handy little souls and they do it all with a cheerful smile.

Their good-natured smiles helped keep me sane during the annoyance of this inconvenient episode. Of course, depending on toys and dolls to maintain my sanity probably speaks to at least some level of insanity.

(05-11-2019, 07:37 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Well, WD40, duct tape, glitter and, uh, magic words do seem to be perfect solution for any and every situation! I hope the pump will keep on pumping and no more adventures in The Halls of Gloom will be needed. Although, those mouse bones are actually quite cool!

There is a certain disturbing fascination to encountering animal skeletons in the wild.

(05-11-2019, 11:33 PM)werepuppy Wrote: Also: it looks like the two in the back are nattering about how the one in the front isn't doing any work at all, just posing.

They're possibly wondering why the doofus isn't spending more time trying to fix the well pump and less time playing with dolls.

(05-12-2019, 03:12 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Auwe!!  This sounds like the kind of thing I'd get into, and I'd be spending more time having tantrums than injecting dolly good cheer into it....

The tantrums were a-plenty, believe me. And after appearing to work properly for nearly 24 hours, the pump motor had another "episode" where it failed to start and the water pressure dropped to zero. There are now only two possibilities remaining: an intermittent problem with the well pump pressure switch (a $25 part and maybe an hour to replace), or an intermittent problem with the pump motor itself (a hideously expensive part that is well beyond being a DIY project).

(05-12-2019, 03:14 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: A great way to "cheer up" an annoying but necessary home repair.

And its true - pretty much any home repair can be done with either duct tape or wD40 - and a liberal helping of "helpful" words.  And in this case, fairy glitter!

I had high hopes for the combination of fairy glitter and WD40. If I could figure out a way to work duct tape into the equation I would. 

[Image: may11.jpg]
11 May – Waiting for Adventure

No adventure for Bratz Selfie-Snaps Yasmin and the boys today, thanks to more pesky "real world" priorities intruding on the real priorities like playing with toys and dolls.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
I hope they get to go adventuring soon! And I love your definition of 'real world priorities' vs 'real priorities'!!!
Hope adventure comes soon for you all.

And I hope the priorities sort themselves out soon!
Don't you HATE it when "real life" interferes with dolly time?  I sure do!  (Although if I'm honest, dolly time interferes quite a lot with getting things done IRL.)
I thought at first that Yasmin was getting some Fixit advice from the guys.  They look like they'd know what to do.  Maybe the Flairies just need a lil more muscle...?

(05-12-2019, 04:27 PM)davidd Wrote: I had high hopes for the combination of fairy glitter and WD40. If I could figure out a way to work duct tape into the equation I would. 
Which reminds me I forgot to add this yesterday, which you may have seen.  This is kinda how things work around here, and if I had nothing else to do I'd make myself one of these to hang somewhere LOL

[Image: NmwEV5A.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
(05-12-2019, 10:42 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: And I love your definition of 'real world priorities' vs 'real priorities'!!!

I am sure you understand!  yay

(05-12-2019, 11:40 PM)werepuppy Wrote: And I hope the priorities sort themselves out soon!

Me too!

(05-13-2019, 10:20 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Which reminds me I forgot to add this yesterday, which you may have seen.  

That has to be the best flow chart ever!  LOL

[Image: may12.jpg]
12 May – Monster High Robecca Steam supervises refueling a gasoline-powered generator

Robecca is in her element working with mechanical devices, even if they are internal combustion rather than steam powered.
Haha, I'm sorry you're having all the mechanical troubles but I'm really enjoying the photos. She looks like she's giving orders with great authority here. It's the light on her face... makes her look like she's really concentrating.
Robecca really does seem to be in her element here. Sorry you're having all these issues, though.
Yasmin has the hat for an adventure. Our dolls have got my lack of being unable to perform only the most basic of home maintenance.
*migraine comment, nothing thoughtful here*

Yay, Robecca! I wish my dolls knew how to do all these maintenance things...
(05-13-2019, 01:49 PM)Alliecat Wrote: She looks like she's giving orders with great authority here.  It's the light on her face... makes her look like she's really concentrating.

I did not realize that Robecca had such a "take charge" type of personality. I guess it becomes more apparent when she is confident in what she's doing, like working with machinery.

(05-13-2019, 02:56 PM)werepuppy Wrote: Robecca really does seem to be in her element here. 

Yes, she does! I was amused by how well this photo worked out.

(05-13-2019, 04:32 PM)Elfy Wrote: Yasmin has the hat for an adventure.

Yes! I love Bratz Yasmin's "adventure hat." The hat is what prompted me to purchase this figure.

(05-14-2019, 06:01 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Yay, Robecca! I wish my dolls knew how to do all these maintenance things...

I wish I knew how to do these maintenance things and did not have to depend on my little plastic pals for assistance.

[Image: may13.jpg]
13 May – Magnetic Levitation allows Monster High Astra Nova to Safely Inspect a potentially faulty
Electrical Component from a Safe Distance

Are you getting tired of "dolls fixing stuff" pictures yet? I certainly am.   slash
Now levitating would be an interesting thing to list under skills on a resume.
(05-14-2019, 11:28 AM)davidd Wrote: Are you getting tired of "dolls fixing stuff" pictures yet? I certainly am. 
No! These are fun! This one is fun. I'd like to be able to levitate. (Is she stuck to the tank??) But I can well imagine you've had more than enough of it. I hope that for future fixit photos you can just pretend stuff is broken.
I’m enjoying the last few fix-it photos, but it must be a pain to be actually having to do all the associated maintenance.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)