davidd's A Doll A Day 2019
(05-17-2019, 12:40 PM)davidd Wrote:
[Image: may16.jpg]
16 May – Joe and Clo

HASBRO GI Joe Japanese Army Air Force Pilot (circa 2000 Foreign Soldiers Collection) and Bratzillaz Midnight Beach Cloetta Spelletta attempt to work out a compromise on the dimensions of a diorama doorway that will need to work equally well with figures of each of their respective sizes.

Even though it was an order from his superiors, officer Takashi still hadn't become accustomed to working with the anime girl soldiers the Japanese Defense Force cloned for Project WAIFU ("'Warrior-girl Auxiliary Intel Fireblast Unit.")
(05-18-2019, 03:31 AM)fishy Wrote: Even though it was an order from his superiors, officer Takashi still hadn't become accustomed to working with the anime girl soldiers the Japanese Defense Force cloned for Project WAIFU ("'Warrior-girl Auxiliary Intel Fireblast Unit.")

xp LOL
You have such a helpful crew there. These are fun photos.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
(05-17-2019, 05:45 PM)Elfy Wrote: Can Cloetta see wearing those glasses?

For Bratz girlz, it's more about being seen than actually seeing.

(05-17-2019, 06:09 PM)werepuppy Wrote: Ah, Cloetta seems to be very aware of what she's doing. Poor Joe might be a bit out of his depth here.

Beauty and brains in one stylish and charming package; yup, being from a line that is, like, 99% male dominated, Joe doesn't quite know how to react.

(05-17-2019, 07:19 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: This is a very symbolic picture, in a way... Literally working together on a solution that will allow everyone to fit in!

Any suggestion of sensitivity, empathy, or political correctness in my photos is almost certainly to be accidental and unintended.
LOL

(05-17-2019, 10:41 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: Colette looks far more comfortable with the task than Joe does

Joe is eyeing that pointy witch hat, and wondering if she can turn him in to a frog if he makes a mistake.

(05-18-2019, 03:31 AM)fishy Wrote: Even though it was an order from his superiors, officer Takashi still hadn't become accustomed to working with the anime girl soldiers the Japanese Defense Force cloned for Project WAIFU ("'Warrior-girl Auxiliary Intel Fireblast Unit.")

Now that is a hilarious acronym and concept that needs an entire photo-story of its own. Or a manga. Or an anime series!

(05-18-2019, 10:47 AM)Alliecat Wrote: You have such a helpful crew there.  These are fun photos.

If it weren't for them, nothing would ever get done around here.

Not that anything gets done around here, anyway.

[Image: may17.jpg]
17 May – I am totally not in to this today

But I snapped a pic anyway rather than posting an "archive" image, because I didn't want to totally cheat on the doll a day thing.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
I've always wondered if storing dolls in those bags is the best way for.keeping them in good condition.
(05-18-2019, 01:42 PM)werepuppy Wrote: I've always wondered if storing dolls in those bags is the best way for.keeping them in good condition.

I have read that this is not a good way to store dolls, and that the plastics can deteriorate more quickly when the dolls are tightly sealed in bags. I have also read that the plastic of the bags can sometimes react with the plastic of the dolls.

That said, it is a good way to keep accessories together, it keeps the hair from becoming excessively matted and tangled, it protects the clothing from dust and dirt, and it keeps the bugs out. The transparent bags also allow for more quickly finding dolls and figures when I'm looking for them. I have not yet had an issue with dolls reacting to the bags.

I would prefer to wrap the dolls in tissue paper before placing them in the bags. I do that with dolls that are likely to be in storage for a longer time. I also do not usually place multiple dolls together in bags. This was a quick, temporary put-away after yesterday's photo.
(05-18-2019, 01:50 PM)davidd Wrote:
(05-18-2019, 01:42 PM)werepuppy Wrote: I've always wondered if storing dolls in those bags is the best way for.keeping them in good condition.

I have read that this is not a good way to store dolls, and that the plastics can deteriorate more quickly when the dolls are tightly sealed in bags. I have also read that the plastic of the bags can sometimes react with the plastic of the dolls.

Also add mildew to the mix!

And hang in there, I know it can get rough quite often and it's nearly impossible to scrape up at least some motivation, but me and my ladies are rooting for you! (Or Her Insane Majesty and her ladies, depends)
Ahh, thank you for the information.

Also my crowd is also rooting for you! Wednesday offers one of her special brews. It ... doesn't look too poisonous...
I've actually never heard of putting dolls in bags like this! But if it works, it works! I have my crew shoved in a cabinet haha.

We're all rooting for you!
Soft plastic can interact with hard plastic, and the soft-making plasticizers in the soft can MELT the hard plastic. This is really, REALLY bad for long-term storage. Remember how so many early Pullip bodies had melt? This is why.

For short-term it's okay... Just don't be like me and store something and forget about it for 5 or 10 years. ;___;
(05-19-2019, 06:40 AM)fishy Wrote: Soft plastic can interact with hard plastic, and the soft-making plasticizers in the soft can MELT the hard plastic.  This is really, REALLY bad for long-term storage.  Remember how so many early Pullip bodies had melt?  This is why.

For short-term it's okay...  Just don't be like me and store something and forget about it for 5 or 10 years. ;___;

Thank you for the excellent information!

So kids: DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME!

[Image: may18.jpg]
Triv (Smart Doll Symphony) snaps a self-portrait the old-school way:
camera on a tripod and the ten-second dash!
I love this one. I've shot so many selfies in the woods this way... or maybe more often with trees or rocks standing in for the tripod LOL But for the scale of the camera, at a first glance you might think you're looking at a real person.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
So cool! I love how the surroundings are in scale with the doll.
I love that one, too. It’s another very natural looking shot.
This is fantastic! It wasn't until Alliecat pointed it out that I realised that the camera was out-of-scale with Triv.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
I have to agree there, until Alliecat pointed it out, I really thought everything was in scale. It's a brilliantly well done picture