davidd's A Doll A Day 2019
More wonderful spookiness! Too bad it, or she, or whatever it is, is so troublesome to deal with.

Oooh, those models must have been fun! I can imagine me and my cousins would have a blast with these, if they still were a thing in 90s.
... Well, your description of her certainly adds to the horror factor. It's a shame that you found yourself disappointed with her as her face is quite beautiful. Though, that being said, I have heard similar complaints about how easily these bodies stain - I'm pretty curious as to how the rubber skin would hold up over time and being bent into positions.

Seriously, she seems entranced by something in that photo.
Uurgh, that sticky plasticy icky skin on those figures just sounds horrendous.

I’ve read other blogs where they hav3 similar reports of just looking at the dolls skin stains it... so not surprising that the Dungeon had that effect.

Rochelle looks fantastic in that lighting - like someone else said it looks like a scene from the Pirates ride
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Ah, that's a bummer. At least she didn't cost a fortune, and you got another photo with cool lighting out of it, but it's disappointing when figures aren't as nice as you hoped. It was interesting to read your impressions of her… I wonder if the 1/6 scale figures have the same features.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
(05-24-2019, 08:01 PM)werepuppy Wrote: I'm pretty curious as to how the rubber skin would hold up over time and being bent into positions.

I have read that the rubber skin tends to tear at the articulation points, either over time, or with anything but the gentlest of handling.

[Image: may24a.jpg]
24 May – Monster High 'Thirteen Wishes' Draculaura

They're not dolls, they're action figures!
She reminds me of an Old West saloon girl.
I have to second that thought, very much an Old West saloon girl.
Very nice b&w shot, but I really like the colour one too.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Wouldn't you just love to get bitten by her? Stunning photo!
[Image: may25.jpg]
25 May – Monster High Vandala Doubloons – Packaging Variants
I never liked int. packages. We didn't even get our language half of the time, so why bother? Int. versions of diaries were awful. Good thing originals are available online.

Also, that's a lot of Vandalas! Vandala was one of those dolls I've only ever seen once at stores (and immediately snatched her).
Triple Vandala. Triple pirate ghost girl.

... Needing triple the ships.
I love her peg-leg boot so much! Very jealous of your lucky 3!
[Image: may26.jpg]
26 May – What Happens When You Let Guys Choose the Decor

I recently learned that this particular print, "Woodland Goddess," by J. H. Lynch (1911-1989), is an iconic example of 1960s-1970s "kitsch" art in Britain. The GI Joe guys assumed "iconic kitsch" is fancy high-brow talk for "famous work of art," so they concluded that this masterpiece merits prominent display.
For kitsch art, it is rather well done. I'm sure they're admiring the artistic merit of the work