davidd's A Doll A Day 2019
(06-13-2019, 04:27 PM)Elfy Wrote: They don’t have much choice.

^This... At least they can pleasa their eyes with that pretty picture hanging behind them.

Have fun with whatever you're up to!
Poor blokes, they'll end up suffering from Cabin Fever

I hope you have fun with whatever it is you're doing!
Safe travels! Hope the gang behaves while you're gone.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Have fun! We will try to behave while you’re away.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
I'm baaack.... 

In a rare trip in which the Pinky Street girls did not accompany me, Fashion Switch Carly filled in as my partner in crime. I'm not saying that Carly is ex.pendable, exactly...  Sweatdrop ... but I knew this brief journey had the potential to become hectic and confusing, and I did not want to risk losing my three Traveling Pinkys, who have been going on the road with me now for... well, for a long time. Carly has proven herself a time or two while traveling, and in this case, her inherent stability, both psychologically (she maintains her effervescent and engaging smile through anything and everything) and physically (built-in stand attached to her feet), made her a perfect choice as a traveling companion. Additionally, I have an identical "back-up Carly," and I cannot tell them apart, so in a worst-case scenario I would not feel as devastated as I would should my original Traveling Pinkys fall victim to capricious circumstance.

[Image: june14.jpg]
14 June – iCarly Chat'n Fashion Fashion Switch Carly

Sometimes trips "back home" to visit family can turn nightmarish; like, for example, when your mom pulls your old middle school (junior high) PE class uniform out of the closet. Oh! What memories!

[Image: june15.jpg]
15 June – iCarly Chat'n Fashion Fashion Switch Carly

How's this for a cheery scene: the spot where now-legendary long-distance runner Steve Prefontaine died in a car crash 44 years ago. Today the site is known as "Pre's Rock."

[Image: june16.jpg]
16 June – iCarly Chat'n Fashion Fashion Switch Carly

Last minute late-nite pic after a long day with relatives "back home."

[Image: june17.jpg]
17 June – iCarly Chat'n Fashion Fashion Switch Carly

Early... and we're talkin' early... morning at the airport. Ugh!

While passing through one of the three airports (each way, so six in total) during this trip, the security personnel apparently spotted something potentially suspicious in my carry-on bag and chose to manually search it. I was already through the screening area myself, but I heard one of the security agents laugh and say, "oh, it's just a doll." Another agent replied, "guys don't have dolls. It's a figure!"

So there ya go: as defined by the United States Federal Government, Fashion Switch Carly is a figure, not a doll!  yay

[Image: june18.jpg]
18 June – iCarly Chat'n Fashion Fashion Switch Carly

Back home and back to the same ol' same ol' grind; in the instance pictured, hauling rubbish to the dump.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Not really a bug Carly fan, but she’s cute.
Welcome back! Haha, the Ghost of PE Past! I'm glad you survived the trip and that nobody got lost. I wish guys could have dolls and not be abashed because of it, but for now, figures will do. Carly looks like she had a blast!
Glad you made it there and back safely, and sorry the ghost of gym class last came to haunt you. Carly looks like she enjoyed it all - clearly a master in taking pleasure as others suffering. Or, she keeps the smile on to mask her own issues...

Okay, fun toy trivia. The term action figure first came in use by Hasbro during the initial 12" G. I. Joe run, as they did not want to call these tough army men 'dolls'. Okay, so, maybe not fun exactly but... Trivia!
I carly had a toy didn't know that, I remember there were Ds games for it (probably wrong). The show was on for a long time.
(06-19-2019, 04:41 PM)Elfy Wrote: Not really a big Carly fan, but she’s cute.

I've never seen a complete episode of the program, but for some reason I was intrigued by the figures. They make me laugh.

(06-19-2019, 05:55 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: I'm glad you survived the trip and that nobody got lost.

Thanks! Yeah, me too!  LOL

(06-19-2019, 07:39 PM)werepuppy Wrote: Carly looks like she enjoyed it all - clearly a master in taking pleasure as others suffering. Or, she keeps the smile on to mask her own issues...

Okay, fun toy trivia....

Definitely an interesting (and fun) toy trivia factoid!
I suspect you are correct about iCarly on both counts: iSchadenfreude and iConflicted.

(06-20-2019, 09:44 AM)Jubilee Wrote: iCarly had a toy didn't know that, I remember there were Ds games for it (probably wrong). The show was on for a long time.

Yes, the show was on for a very long time, but I never watched it. I only know the iCarly actress from her pre-Carly role in the movie, School of Rock, in which she was very funny (and very cute).

These toys do not look very much like the characters in the show. In fact, they look nothing like the characters in the show. But they're kind of fun in a goofy sort of way. There was a line of 12-inch iCarly figures too, that looked even less like the people on the show.

You are correct about the DS game. It was released in 2009.

And thank you for joining the forum and for becoming an active participant in our silly topics and conversations!

[Image: june19.jpg]
19 June – Janie reminds Trivia to wear eye protection when working with tools.

Confident after their recent work constructing 1:6-scale dollhouse rooms, the Smart Doll girls have decided to assist with a 1:1 bathroom remodeling project. 

They look very well prepared.
They have matching work clothes! How cute is that! Good luck!
Oh I love the work clothes. Janie has them very well prepared, this girl is smart! (Also? BOOT LOVE.)
School of rock ? I think I have seen that movie before and had jack black in it (looked it up because I couldn't remember)also remember seeing her in Drake and Josh . I watched both Icarly and drake and Josh a lot because they had reruns and I think I keeped up with the newer episodes to? Maybe the factory couldn't do sculpts that looked like them or they thought cartoon like toys are better.-.. wow 2009 (did not know this). Also yeah it is fun to see different dolls and stories people come up with. Then I learn something new to if people have information on it. I was a bit nervous in the beginning because I thought I would mess up on what I wanted to say.(I still kind of feel that way right now tbh) I'm not really good at talking to people.-..@davidd
(06-20-2019, 05:10 PM)Elfy Wrote: They look very well prepared.

Appearances can be deceiving!   LOL

(06-20-2019, 05:33 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: They have matching work clothes! How cute is that! Good luck!

Looking the part is half the battle, right?
(Unfortunately, I don't have a matching orange jumpsuit for myself.)

(06-20-2019, 09:48 PM)werepuppy Wrote: Oh I love the work clothes. Janie has them very well prepared, this girl is smart! (Also? BOOT LOVE.)

That's why they call 'em Smart Dolls, I reckon!
Gotta love the boots!* Yes, the boots work well considering that they are somewhat over-sized. But the size provides additional stability.

(*And yes, I have been known to quote The Pirate Fairy movie from time to time.)

(06-21-2019, 03:43 AM)Jubilee Wrote: I  was a bit nervous in the beginning because I thought I  would mess up on what I wanted to say. (I still kind of feel that way right now tbh) I'm not really good at talking to people.

yay  Don't worry! Several of us on the forum are much more "talkative" online than we would ever be In Real Life! (And the 'edit' feature allows us to go back and change things we decide we shouldn't have said or that we could have phrased better!  Sweatdrop  )

[Image: june20a.jpg]
20 June – Unloading the Truck

Janie: "These planks would be much easier to handle if they were one-third scale like us!"

Triv: "Yeah; for us, this is the equivalent of lifting a 24-foot long 6x12."

Janie: "Whoa! Look at you, all Miss Mental Math and stuff!"

Triv: "Work smarter, not harder! Speaking of which, I think it's break time!"