davidd's A Doll A Day 2019
Hahaha, poor Triv! I'd have that same sentiment!
Did they draw straws to see who would go down the hole, or does Jane have something on Triv?
(06-30-2019, 02:36 PM)Alliecat Wrote: I'm really enjoying all these.  With the perspective, you have me believing that they really are using all these tools.  
And I can identify with the "%@$&!!!" sentiment.

Yes, I know you've had some ex˚perience with repairs and renovations. "Choice words" are integral to the process.

Of course they're really using all these tools! They don't call 'em "Smart Dolls" for nothin'!
LOL

(06-30-2019, 05:15 PM)Elfy Wrote: This is brilliant, David. These 2 deserve their own renovation show.

I know, right? All the renovation shows have either a girl and a guy, or one girl by herself. Two girls taking on renovations would be fun. 

Well, I suppose there are the Snow Sisters on the DIY Channel's Texas Flip 'n' Move... who, online resources indicate, are the most popular characters on the program. So yes, there is apparently a market for something like this!
LOL

(06-30-2019, 05:21 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: I've been thoroughly enjoying the adventures in renovating with these two, it's been very entertaining.  But probably not for you, who's actually having to do the work there.

The latest one down the drain-pipe is particularly amusing.

Down the tubes, that's where this feels like it's heading, all right!

(06-30-2019, 06:15 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: All the photos look so real, and the dialogue is pure gold.

The dialogue is largely transcribed from real life.

(07-01-2019, 12:48 AM)werepuppy Wrote: Hahaha, poor Triv! I'd have that same sentiment!

Where's your sense of adventure!

(07-01-2019, 03:05 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: Did they draw straws to see who would go down the hole, or does Jane have something on Triv?

Janie is the "street smart" Smart Doll. Triv is the "book smart" Smart Doll.  So when it comes to practice rather than theory, Jane usually has the upper hand.
yay

[Image: june30.jpg]
30 June – This renovation project is taking too long! It's time to call in... The Professionals!
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
LOL LOL
Oh, yay, now the Pullips are in on the act too! They really look like they know what they're doing.
"You knew we'd have to come clean up this mess, didn't you?"
"Yup."
LOL

I thought about photographing Samantha beside the leaking well connection today (damage caused by plumber) for the Dal House theme on "PUDDLE or puddles", but... I couldn't get that enthused. Cheers to you!
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
(07-01-2019, 12:53 PM)Alliecat Wrote: I thought about photographing Samantha beside the leaking well connection today (damage caused by plumber) for the Dal House theme on "PUDDLE or puddles", but... I couldn't get that enthused.

Oh, you must! You simply must! Well pump repair photos are what started my recent spate of home repair project photos. I can attest that home repairs offer a never ending opportunity for toy photo fun!

Now that I think about it... my very first Pinky Street photo, back in 2005, was a plumbing repair pic:

[Image: 22511649_ec4da48f42_n.jpg]

Which reminds me: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KOKORO! She's fourteen years old today... or actually, yesterday. I'm looking forward to many more years of travel and adventure with the first of my Pinky Street pals!
You need to make sure these workers are licensed and bonded; I don't like the looks of them...
Are Triv and Janie feeling threatened? They’ve done all the heavy lifting so far.
I love Neo Noir! So glad to see her again. The Professionals look like they're about to speed things up with some black magic...
The professionals look so bemused that they've been called in. They knew it was going to happen, and they're aware they've got the upper hand so can name their cost LOL.
(07-01-2019, 02:14 PM)fishy Wrote: You need to make sure these workers are licensed and bonded; I don't like the looks of them...

They probably posted a bail bond, yeah....   Whacked

(07-01-2019, 04:38 PM)Elfy Wrote: Are Triv and Janie feeling threatened? They’ve done all the heavy lifting so far.

You know how it goes: the hard work is the behind the scenes stuff that is ultimately hidden from sight. Then somebody else cruises in to complete a few finishing cosmetic touches and takes all the credit.

(07-01-2019, 05:45 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: I love Neo Noir! So glad to see her again. The Professionals look like they're about to speed things up with some black magic...

At this point, magic is what it's gonna take; the blacker, the better!
(And yes, Neo Noir is a dreamy little nightmare!)

(07-01-2019, 11:17 PM)werepuppy Wrote: The professionals look so bemused that they've been called in. They knew it was going to happen, and they're aware they've got the upper hand so can name their cost LOL.

They do look rather mercenary, don't they?

Semi-cheat day: I'm so behind in the remodel project that neither I nor the girls (Janie, Triv, Lala, and Neo Noir) can take a break for photos. Neon_Jellyfish pointed out that July 2010 marked the introduction of Monster High back in 2010. In celebration of the occasion, I am posting a "throw-back" image of what is my very first Monster High photo: Lagoona Blue and Draculaura on the front seat of my car in the parking lot of a Toys R Us store. The actual date of the photo was 6 July 2010:

[Image: 4769972359_53aef85e20_b.jpg]
1 July – In Celebration of Monster High: THE PARTY NEVER DIES!
The party never dies! Although, now it's up to us fans to prevent it from dying...
Nice celebratory throw-back photo.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Siiiigh. Ah, the days of the simple cardboard box that didn't cut into you when trying to open it.

Between you and Neon, I'm feeling all nostalgic
How fun to see your very first Pinky and MH photos. Happy Birthday, Kokoro smile
Although I took photos of all my crew pretty much as soon as I got them, I didn't record the arrival dates; kinda wish I had now.

(07-01-2019, 02:09 PM)davidd Wrote:
(07-01-2019, 12:53 PM)Alliecat Wrote: I thought about photographing Samantha beside the leaking well connection today (damage caused by plumber) for the Dal House theme on "PUDDLE or puddles", but... I couldn't get that enthused.
Oh, you must! You simply must! ...home repairs offer a never ending opportunity for toy photo fun!
At this point I might rather call in Jake with his grenades. Tongue
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Was it really only nine years ago that the Monster High line began? Too bad they couldn't keep up the quality and keep it going.