davidd's A Doll A Day 2019
You know, your Pinky photos are really making me very tempted....!
...do not need another collection...
But they look like a lot of fun and the ongoing story sounds great too. I am curious how it works when people have all different dolls/characters though. As you've noted, you really couldn't have much continuity.
I love picfics, but I guess we don't always have time to devote to putting them together. It would be fun to see more.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
I like how Sakura Shinguji's molded hair looks like it's blowing in the breeze. Not so sure about the ammo. Henrietta looks like someone not to be messed with.

I really like that atmospheric pic of Moesephine. Maybe we could manage something like that The Ever-Evolving Photo Story Game. It would be too hard to expect everyone to have an identical doll, but maybe some article of clothing, like a specific color scarf, could be used to identify the doll as the main character.
(02-01-2019, 01:01 PM)Cornflower Blue Wrote: I like how Sakura Shinguji's molded hair looks like it's blowing in the breeze. Not so sure about the ammo.

Hee hee! I found those brass shell casings on the ground near a recycling bin in the Walmart parking lot a few days ago. I picked them up because you never know when odd things will come in handy as props for doll photos. I noticed that the Pinky figure had brass or gold colored highlights on her uniform, and I thought, "Hey! Those shell casings are kind of the same color! And are kind of military-ish!" So that's the story there!

(02-01-2019, 08:55 AM)Alliecat Wrote: The ongoing story sounds great too. I am curious how it works when people have all different dolls/characters though. As you've noted, you really couldn't have much continuity.

The photo-story game was definitely random and chaotic. Being a bit OCD about such things, I would tend to try to tie loose threads together when I posted installments... which made my installments fairly text-heavy and kind of boring.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Loved this one on Instagram, and it looks great here too.
(02-01-2019, 07:31 PM)Elfy Wrote: Loved this one on Instagram, and it looks great here too.

Thank you! Usually when I post macabre or "not politically correct" photos to Instagram I lose followers. But I've stopped caring at this point. LOL
[Image: february1a.jpg]
1 February – "How do I get up there?"

[Image: february1b.jpg]
"And how do I get down?"

Pinky Street Series 7 PK019.

Series 7 (PK019, PK020, PK021 - late 2008) was the first series of Pinky Street figures to have only numbers and not names. Later, a Japanese-language Pinky Street Wiki page assigned names, with PK019 being christened "Chika."
I've missed so many of yout photos!!! There are so many good ones!! I really love your Pinky Street photos, they allpw me to admire them from afar without getting into yet another hobby. XD
LOL That's too funny! Her pose really conveys her wonder and confusion!
Those are the same questions I was asking.
You really have great locations near you for photographs
[Image: february2.jpg]
2 February – Pinky Street Series 8 PK023

Series 8 (PK022, PK023, PK024) was considered by many Pinky Street collectors and fans to be the last of the higher quality releases. The Series 8 figures did not have names, just numbers. This particular figure became known as "Camera Girl" because of the included camera accessory.

Releases following Series 8 had redesigned packaging, did not include a second full body, and the quality of the plastic used was noticeably reduced. Also, the later figures were not as carefully molded, and some of the parts were slightly smaller, so not all of the pieces would mix and match with the older figures.
Her smile seems somewhat shy, as if she would much prefer to be hidden behind her camera than have her face out on display. It's quite endearing, really.

Also you are a fountain of knowledge about Pinky Street; you're making me want to try to hunt down some of the figures myself!
I’se a photographer I is!
Love the camera shot, and the other one showing the scale up and down.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Great lighting! Meta Camera Girl...