davidd's A Doll A Day 2019
Her hat is really nice.
[Image: august11.jpg]
11 August – Monochrome
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
B&W just seems to suit her, she’s almost noir.
I like her face! It's a great combination of mysterious and annoyed...
Guardian of the packages...
Okay, the B&W filter and her ex.pression are just making me think of the femme fatale who has gotten the upper hand (for the moment anyway)
(08-10-2019, 06:49 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Chaos is the beginning of everything, therefore this is a deeply symbolic picture! If you printed this on cca 9' x 7.5' canvas, whipped up a confident ex³pression, went to an art gallery and said that this artwork depicts the angst and despair of today's youth lost in chaos and separated from the world by the invisible, yet very tangible barrier of their own uncertainty, they would totally want to buy it!

(08-11-2019, 03:44 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Well, I was going to say something about a representation of untapped potential… Unpacking oneself onto the craft table of one's life; leaving behind the generic packaging imposed by society in order to reinvent oneself in the creation of a story whose plot is yet unknown.
But yeah, I guess angst and despair could work too.  xp

Both are excellent analyses of this image, accurately capturing the intent behind the image!  yay
I'm sure that were we to team up, with the two of you writing the descriptions to pair with my lousy photos, we could make a mark in the art world.
What kind of mark, I will not hazard to say, but a mark, for sure.

Thank you for the Laugh o' th' Day. I really needed it that day!

(08-11-2019, 03:35 PM)Alliecat Wrote: I like her hat smile
Her ex.pression is a little disappointed, like, "Am I not inspiring you?"  LOL

Yeah, for the past two or three summers Yasmin and her pals have been out and about on #SummerofBratz adentures. This year, nothin' so far for the Bratz girlz, and astronomically speaking, we passed the solar mid-quarter, or Lughnasadh, last week, so summer is technically over (in the northern hemisphere) and autumn has begun. Plus, Halloween stuff is showing up in the stores, along with back to school supplies, so, alas, we are already waving goodbye to summer.

Usually this little Bratz girl with her floppy hat can inspire me to get out there for some dolly photo fun, but it hasn't been happening lately.

(08-11-2019, 05:21 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Nice to see Yasmin again, it's been a while. Hang in there!

Yes, it has been too long since Yasmin had some outdoor adventures!

(08-11-2019, 07:05 PM)Elfy Wrote: Yasmin doing her best Indiana Jones impersonation there.

Yas likes to claim that Indiana Jones is merely a Yasmin impersonator!

(08-12-2019, 04:11 AM)werepuppy Wrote: Her hat is really nice.

I fully intended to pass on the New Bratz (prior to the New New Bratz) releases, but then I saw Selfie-Snaps Yasmin with this hat and had to have her... and a friend... or two.

(08-12-2019, 03:17 PM)Elfy Wrote: B&W just seems to suit her, she’s almost noir.

Thanks. Yes, this pic worked well in B&W. At least, it conveys the mood of the day, which was kind of... moody.

(08-12-2019, 04:29 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: I like her face! It's a great combination of mysterious and annoyed...

This was one of the later Pinky Street releases, and she is quite a mysterious little creature! It's amazing how much variation in ekspression they could get with very minuscule changes to the face sculpt.

(08-13-2019, 12:41 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: Guardian of the packages...

She's probably making sure that nobody opens them. There has been a long-running rivalry between Pinky Street and Pullip around here.

(08-13-2019, 01:51 AM)werepuppy Wrote: Okay, the B&W filter and her ex.pression are just making me think of the femme fatale who has gotten the upper hand (for the moment anyway)

A femme fatale... who is slumming it in jeans and a cotton hoodie!  LOL

[Image: august12.jpg]
12 August – 21st Century "Ultimate Soldier" German Soldier Figure

I was casually looking at GI Joe / Action Man type figures on eBay last week and I ran across this pre-owned, highly detailed German soldier figure for cheap. Like, cheaper than repro GI Joes. These 21st Century figures used to be considered top of the line in "realistic" action figures. Now they're, if not quite a dime a dozen, at least far more affordable on the secondary market than they were when they were new. He was worth the price just for some of the uniform components. There's a little Luger pistol in the holster, and a detachable magazine (the bullet clip thingy) in the handle of the pistol. Plus, y'know, machine-gun!

I was surprised to see an actual swastika emblem on one of the medals on his jacket... tunic... whatever that army shirt is called.

I don't know what the leash, or maybe it's a riding crop, is for. Maybe this figure was originally a dog handler. Or maybe he's on his way to visit his pal Ilsa, She-Wolf of the SS. Whatever, I'm sure somebody here in The Dollie Dungeon can find a use for that particular accessory.
Wow, between Monochrome Pinky and the German soldier, you have some serious security around those packages.  Whatsinthemwhatsinthem??????  More dolls????
You have an interesting mix of characters at your place...  How's this guy fitting in, I wonder.

(08-13-2019, 07:44 AM)davidd Wrote: I'm sure that were we to team up, with the two of you writing the descriptions to pair with my lousy photos, we could make a mark in the art world.
What kind of mark, I will not hazard to say, but a mark, for sure.
The Black Spot, maybe.  xp

(08-13-2019, 07:44 AM)davidd Wrote: ...so summer is technically over ...
Just Shut UP, you.  slash
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
(08-13-2019, 10:17 AM)Alliecat Wrote:
(08-13-2019, 07:44 AM)davidd Wrote: ...so summer is technically over ...
Just Shut UP, you.  slash

Last week... last week... I spotted leaves changing to fall colors!    Cry

Okay, so, that German army guy picture is boring; more boring than the dolls in a plastic bag pic, even. So how about this: Yasmin, no longer willing to sit idly by while summer all too quickly passes, talked the new girl, Kenna, in to joining her in stealing borrowing the General's Jeep for a little fun!

[Image: august12a.jpg]
12 August – Yas and Kenna Go for a Joyride in the General's Jeep
(08-13-2019, 10:27 AM)davidd Wrote: Last week... last week... I spotted leaves changing to fall colors! Cry

NNNNNNNNNoOOOOOOOoooOOO!!!!!!!! Cry
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
(08-13-2019, 10:28 AM)Alliecat Wrote: NNNNNNNNNoOOOOOOOoooOOO!!!!!!!!  Cry

Unfortunately, I can't afford to go back to Hawaii... at least not right now... ($1.3 million starting price in my old neighborhood)... but I've been looking at Florida real estate listings recently.
Yasmin would never steal a jeep or talk someone into robbing a persons car. what the heck? (Probably take a nature walk out there and showing people that the seasons change because of mother natures touch to let the old die and new come in) . Summer will always come again.
(08-13-2019, 11:29 AM)Jubilee Wrote: Yasmin would never steal a jeep or talk someone into robbing a persons car. what the heck? (Probably take a nature walk out there and showing people that the seasons change because of mother natures touch to let the old die and new come in) . Summer  will always  come  again.

Well, technically, she just borrowed it while forgetting to ask first.    LOL
LOL This pic made me laugh. I love all their poses, and am glad to see the crew having some more adventures. Yasmin better make a hard left though; she's gonna be in the weeds in a sec... xp

(08-13-2019, 10:34 AM)davidd Wrote: Unfortunately, I can't afford to go back to Hawaii... at least not right now... ($1.3 million starting price in my old neighborhood)... but I've been looking at Florida real estate listings recently.
Auwe. And then, think about putting 35% $CAD exchange rate on it.... Cry
Offgenemi could tell you about Florida... so far I've heard a lot about stifling heat and humidity. And Florida doesn't have that wonderful music, and the cultural history, and the aloha spirit, and...
... yeah, I know... sorry slash
"_"" I mean its better to ask permission instead of just taking people's stuff. That general guy will probably be upset.