davidd's A Doll A Day 2019
Aw, she's such a sweetie, showing off her bone collection for us. How nice of her.
(03-02-2019, 09:42 AM)davidd Wrote:
(03-02-2019, 08:17 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: It looks like a pile of bones? Interesting development...

Sawako was taking notes on who laughed at the "paper tubes."

Hmmm, but then she has missed something, because I'm still alive... Maybe she encountered the most gracious of queens, who, er, politely persuaded her to reconsider?

I see your Sawako is quite different from her anime self.
(03-02-2019, 07:40 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Hmmm, but then she has missed something, because I'm still alive... Maybe she encountered the most gracious of queens, who, er, politely persuaded her to reconsider?

Well... I did see her engaged in some online research... about trampoline accidents.   Oh My 

[Image: march2.jpg]
Pinky Street PC2028 Kimi ni Todoke Sawako Kuronuma – alternate face and outfit. 
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
She doesn't look like she's appropriately dressed for her environment/ whatever she's about to do.

But she's definitely cute!
With the wood and the smile, I think she’s about to indulge her inner pyromaniac.
They're all just so darn cute.
(03-03-2019, 11:08 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: She doesn't look like she's appropriately dressed for her environment/ whatever she's about to do.
Maybe she's just about to sit back & relax while someone else puts all that wood on a nice roaring fire for a cold day...? LOL
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
(03-03-2019, 12:46 PM)Elfy Wrote: With the wood and the smile, I think she’s about to indulge her inner pyromaniac.

Now there's an idea for a Doll A Day pic!

(03-03-2019, 12:47 PM)Alliecat Wrote: Maybe she's just about to sit back & relax while someone else puts all that wood on a nice roaring fire for a cold day...? 

That is much closer to reality. In fact, that is the reality!
There are tons of urban legends about creepy girls in white gowns that appear in dark haunted forests. Usually, they are sulky or have black eyes or bloody tears or something that makes them sort of fit into the place and thus renders them somewhat less scary. Now imagine those spectres smiled like Sawako does in this photo! How scary would that be!

(03-03-2019, 08:14 AM)davidd Wrote:
(03-02-2019, 07:40 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Hmmm, but then she has missed something, because I'm still alive... Maybe she encountered the most gracious of queens, who, er, politely persuaded her to reconsider?

Well... I did see her engaged in some online research... about trampoline accidents.   Oh My 

Went to check my trampoline. Nobody tampered with it, but then again, it's a long trip. I guess I'll bake some cookies before she arrives. Does she prefer tea or coffee? (And I'm quite impressed you remember the trampoline.)

(03-03-2019, 12:46 PM)Elfy Wrote: With the wood and the smile, I think she’s about to indulge her inner pyromaniac.

Yessssss!
(03-02-2019, 10:25 AM)Elfy Wrote: The bones behind the sweetly smiling schoolgirl is somewhat unsettling.

The quite ones are the ones you really need to watch out for.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
ELFY: Indulging the inner pyromaniac is not something we should be encouraging! I can just see some of our girls being fascinated by that.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Well, whatever she's got planned, she's certainly looking happy with it all.

... I do wonder at her research, but Wednesday is sure it was innocent and I'll trust my weaponry and pain ex.pert.
[Image: march3.jpg]
Pinky Street PKW2010 Hina Matsuri Limited Edition Set

This is probably the "rarest" doll, toy, or collectable item that I own. It is not especially "valuable" in monetary terms,
but the 2010 Wonderfest Hina Matsuri Pinky Street limited edition set does not turn up on the secondary market very often,
particularly not in the USA or Europe.
Hina Matsuri Pinky Street! That's so adorable! The Emperor seems to be a bit confused.
Oh, wow, look at how lovely that set is. I've never seen anything like this before, it's rather nice. I like the use of the different prints on the... I think they might be lanterns? Am really not sure, but it looks so lovely. Must be a highlight of your Pinky collection.
(03-04-2019, 09:49 AM)werepuppy Wrote: Must be a highlight of your Pinky collection.

Yes, definitely. The 30cm "Dekapin" Pinky figures are also Pinky Street rarities, but those show up for sale from time to time. I totally lucked in to this set several years ago, and I have never seen one for sale since.

By "lucked in to," I mean, one late night I had insomnia, so I was randomly clicking around online. I checked in at the (now defunct) Pinky Street forum, even though activity by that point had dropped off to almost zero, and a collector from the early days had just posted the set for sale for a very reasonable, even "cheap," price. I shot her an email immediately, asking if the price was correct and if the set were still available. She was very nice, and said that yes, the price was correct, and she was more interested in the set going to someone who appreciated Pinkys than in making money. That was probably the fastest I've ever zapped off a Paypal payment!