davidd's A Doll A Day 2019
I like Aya!  She looks strong and brave.  It must have taken a long time to pose all those little antelope in the cold and snow. Rawr!
(03-09-2019, 01:51 PM)Cornflower Blue Wrote:  It must have taken a long time to pose all those little antelope in the cold and snow.

[Image: 10089284-laughing-and-pointing-emoticon.jpg?ver=6]
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Aya looks like an intrepid explorer.
(03-09-2019, 01:51 PM)Cornflower Blue Wrote: I like Aya!  She looks strong and brave.  It must have taken a long time to pose all those little antelope in the cold and snow. Rawr!

LOL LOL

Aya is very cute, it’s not surprising she inspired the hobby.

Best of luck with the pizza box project, it’s good you have a helper to keep you on the straight and narrow with it
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
[Image: march9.jpg]
9 March – Solo in the Spotlight Barbie

Happy Birthday, Barbie!
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
She's very glamorous!
I should get Lea for a Barbie-birthday photo, but I'm about pooped out for today.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Dramatically elegant Barbie for her birthday.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
She's so gorgeous! She won't allow you to look other way!
That's a great Barbie, can see her serenading Ken in a smoky nightclub in that outfit.
I'm going to second the vibe of her being a crooner in some smokey nightclub. The type who knows exactly the right way to get everyone hooked on every little note she performs.
Michelle Pfeiffer in The Fabulous Baker Boys is where I went.
I assume that's the repro version of Solo in the Spotlight, but she's still a classic!
(03-11-2019, 03:43 AM)werepuppy Wrote: I'm going to second the vibe of her being a crooner in some smokey nightclub. The type who knows exactly the right way to get everyone hooked on every little note she performs.

I like to think of her as sounding like '50s torch singer Julie London.

(03-11-2019, 01:19 PM)Cornflower Blue Wrote: I assume that's the repro version of Solo in the Spotlight, but she's still a classic!

Yes, it is the repro version. Readily available, inex-pensive, yet still has the look I wanted for a character in... the photo-story that I plan to resurrect eventually.

(03-06-2019, 03:27 AM)werepuppy Wrote: Ah, two of the most awesome fighter girls ever. They look ready for a brawl! Are they fighting each other or will we meet their opponents?

Introducing their opponents:

[Image: march10_1.jpg]
10 March – Pinky Street PC2005 "King of Fighters" Athena and Mai begin rehearsals on the almost but not quite completed P-Street Playhouse stage!

[Image: march10_2.jpg]
Behold! From pizza boxes, foamcore board, and glue emerges: The Pinky Street Playhouse!

They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Is it an action play?
The girls are so cute! And the playhouse is awesome! After seeing your awesome sets, I actually started working on something myself. But I'm not very handy, so the results probably won't be stellar. But I'm having fun!