davidd's A Doll A Day 2019
(07-02-2019, 06:13 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: The party never dies! Although, now it's up to us fans to prevent it from dying...

The MH fandom seems to be doing a pretty good job maintaining enthusiasm. There are still lots of MH photos being posted to Instagram.

(07-02-2019, 07:23 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: Nice celebratory throw-back photo.

It was an exciting time, back then!

(07-02-2019, 07:32 AM)werepuppy Wrote: Siiiigh. Ah, the days of the simple cardboard box that didn't cut into you when trying to open it.

I know, right? Bratz boxes of the same era were an ordeal to open!

(07-02-2019, 09:21 AM)Alliecat Wrote: At this point I might rather call in Jake with his grenades.  Tongue

I'm about ready to resort to eksplosives, myself.

(07-02-2019, 12:12 PM)Cornflower Blue Wrote: Was it really only nine years ago that the Monster High line began?  Too bad they couldn't keep up the quality and keep it going.

Only nine years ago, or nine years ago already. Sometimes it seems like forever ago, and at other times, like scarcely yesterday.

Okay, I felt badly about "cheating" and posting a throw-back pic. I told myself I was going to avoid doing that this year. So when I noticed how effectively the girls were all working together without supervision, I quietly sneaked away to grab my camera. Here you see them carefully measuring out where to place the new shower enclosure.

[Image: july1a.jpg]
1 July – Many Hands Make Light Work
Matching Orange Jumpsuits Make Bright Work
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
I LOL'd, literally. LOL
These are so fun.
The Pullips seriously look like they're not sure the Smart Dolls can get it right without supervision. Which reminds me of a certain tall ship captain's comment about a carpenter who was still learning, "I have to keep three eyes on his work."
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Agreeing with Allie here, the Pullips do have ex.pressions of we need to make sure you do this right.

That being said it's a really great photo, I love the perspective, and how clear they all are. Hard at work and doing it well, you carry on girls
Lejays originally started with MH by getting some of the plushies.
This is so cute! It's going to be the best bathroom ever! Just make sure everything is actually human-sized.
Of course the Pullips are the ones really in charge.
(07-02-2019, 01:14 PM)Alliecat Wrote: The Pullips seriously look like they're not sure the Smart Dolls can get it right without supervision.  Which reminds me of a certain tall ship captain's comment about a carpenter who was still learning, "I have to keep three eyes on his work."

Probably because the carpenter was three sheets to the wind.
yay

(07-02-2019, 03:44 PM)werepuppy Wrote: Agreeing with Allie here, the Pullips do have ex.pressions of we need to make sure you do this right.

With their eyes being able to move, the Pullips can be more ex.pressive than I would have ex.pected.

(07-02-2019, 04:37 PM)Elfy Wrote: Lejays originally started with MH by getting some of the plushies.

I used to have one of the MH plushies. I wonder where she is, or if I still have her?

(07-02-2019, 04:48 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Just make sure everything is actually human-sized.

Uh oh.... There's a thought.  slash

[Image: july2.jpg]
2 July – "Could you hand me up another fastener, please?"

Smart Doll Janie works on the framing for the new shower surround.
Is she doing that without a safety harness? Brave girl
They’re seriously professional DIY girls.
OK, that does look like a human-sized shower.
No safety harness or scaffolding - I hope you don’t get a visit from WorkSafe inspectors...

I’ve got about a half-dozen of the MH plushies.  Cleo, Lagoona, Frankie, Ghoulia, Draculaura, Clawdeen & Spectra.
I used to have an Abbey, but I gave her to my niece who shares the name.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
LOL, again. Love the creative use of bungee cords and great balancing act!

(07-03-2019, 01:45 PM)davidd Wrote: Probably because the carpenter was three sheets to the wind.
LOL haha. ...he wasn't actually... it was just one of many cute 'Robin-isms'.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
(07-03-2019, 03:57 PM)werepuppy Wrote: Is she doing that without a safety harness? Brave girl

I could say that she's not as high off the floor as she looks... but that would not be accurate.
So yes, she was, if not brave, at least reasonably confident in her balancing ability.

(07-03-2019, 05:13 PM)Elfy Wrote: They’re seriously professional DIY girls.

They started this job and they're gonna finish it!

(07-03-2019, 06:32 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: OK, that does look like a human-sized shower.

Yes. Turns out the girls are pretty good at math after all.

(07-03-2019, 11:29 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: No safety harness or scaffolding - I hope you don’t get a visit from WorkSafe inspectors...

If inspectors show up, safety will be the least of our worries!   yay

(07-04-2019, 04:02 AM)Alliecat Wrote: LOL, again.  Love the creative use of bungee cords and great balancing act!

She floats through the air with the greatest of ease....

[Image: july3.jpg]
3 July – Now We're Getting into the Tricky Stuff

Janie: "In theory, the clamps will hold everything in place long enough for us to install these brackets."

Triv: "In... theory."

Janie: "Uhm... yeah."
Only now they’re doing the tricks bits?
They're dolly version of A-Team, of course it's going to work!