davidd's A Doll A Day 2019
Davidd, the little mock-up papers are fantastic.

More cross-overs in the ADAD universes, and it’s not surprising at all that the Amelia’s are big fans of Beatrix either.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
OMG, how did you do that?? Awesome shot!
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Love the mock up newspapers and of course the Amelia’s are Beatrix fangirls. Are they going to fly to Oddwickshire to meet their idol?
(08-01-2019, 05:04 PM)Elfy Wrote: Yay for fire!

I really need to learn to use Photoshop... for safety reasons.  Sweatdrop

(08-01-2019, 11:30 PM)werepuppy Wrote: Well, that's a fine mess she's gotten herself into. How will she get out of this one?

Stay tuned....

(08-02-2019, 03:23 AM)Alliecat Wrote: She's probably wishing she'd got to stay on that Walmart shelf.

Yeah, probably. Then again, a prison is a prison is a prison.

(08-02-2019, 03:41 AM)Jubilee Wrote: Who even has a torture dungeon anymore ? The guy who kidnapped her is messed up in the head.

Yes, he is seriously messed up in the head... literally... as in, you can see his brain through the top of his skull!
But then, she was trespassing... in a dungeon! Probably not the best idea.

(08-02-2019, 04:51 AM)werepuppy Wrote: Oh, the Amelias' (Ameli?) are reading about the wonderful Beatrix! Are they pleased, or do they think she's a bit over-rated?

Their term of preference is AmeliæTongue

As for their thoughts on the esteemed Mlle. Brasschester... once again, stay tuned!

(08-02-2019, 04:56 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: MARRY ME!!!

Well, tempting as that offer is, what with your irresistibly alluring "slightly snobby Eastern European vampirish accent" and all, we have already determined that you may very well be my "cousin on another continent." Having just read the rules of the Oddwickshire vampire community, I observed that there are strict prohibitions against inbreeding. Sadly, then, we must for the nonce curb our passions... at least until you fill us in on the Lawyers of Oddwickshire!
LOL

(08-02-2019, 07:45 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: More cross-overs in the ADAD universes, and it’s not surprising at all that the Amelia’s are big fans of Beatrix either.

And more are in the works!  LOL
As for the Beatrix fandom... let us defer drawing definite conclusions in that regard.

(08-03-2019, 02:57 AM)Alliecat Wrote: OMG, how did you do that??

A semi-annual subscription is much more affordable per issue than the newsstand cover price.  yay

[Image: gazette_aeronautique_small.jpg]
Click through to larger image

(08-03-2019, 11:46 AM)Elfy Wrote: Are they going to fly to Oddwickshire to meet their idol?

Stay tuned....  Oh My

2 August – A Doll A Day 2019:

[Image: monevil1.jpg]

[Image: monevil2.jpg]

[Image: monevil3.jpg]

[Image: monevil4.jpg]

[Image: monevil5.jpg]

[Image: monevil6.jpg]

[Image: monevil7.jpg]

[Image: monevil8.jpg]

[Image: monevil9.jpg]

[Image: monevil10.jpg]

[Image: monevil11.jpg]

[Image: monevil12.jpg]

[Image: monevil13.jpg]

[Image: monevil14.jpg]
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
I still can't get over how cute he is. And his and Kenna's chemistry is fun to watch. Looking forward to next installments!
Heee, this is adorable! I can't wait to see what happens!
OK, the newspaper is seriously awesome. And thanks for the mouthful-of-water-up-my-nose with the PTFCo headline. xp
Today's installment looks like the beginning of an ...um, odd... relationship...
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
(08-04-2019, 12:30 PM)Alliecat Wrote: And thanks for the mouthful-of-water-up-my-nose with the PTFCo headline. 

Mission accomplished!  LOL

[Image: august3.jpg]
3 August – Closing Time

Hasbro GI Joe Foreign Soldiers Collection figure, 1:6 scale, circa 2000 release
Ooh, love the atmosphere of this one!
Oh, there's a real atmosphere here - almost sad, like it's somehow the end of the era. Like it's the last time he's putting up the closing sign...
The comic adventures continue. Such an odd pairing but i think it's going to work out okay.

Melancholy shot of closing time, lovely atmospheric shot in the B&W
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Masterpiece! Everything about this one is beyond amazing! Light, composition, mood, oh my goodness, this one is SO good. I love it! I love it I love it I love it!
(08-04-2019, 01:45 PM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: Ooh, love the atmosphere of this one!

Thanks!

(08-04-2019, 07:08 PM)werepuppy Wrote: Oh, there's a real atmosphere here - almost sad, like it's somehow the end of the era. Like it's the last time he's putting up the closing sign...

Thanks. Yeah, about the "sad" - I posted this to Flickr, where I am still undecided about letting my "Pro" subscription lapse when it ex.pires later this year.

(08-04-2019, 07:09 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: The comic adventures continue.  Such an odd pairing but i think it's going to work out okay.

Melancholy shot of closing time, lovely atmospheric shot in the B&W

It was an odd pairing, but as I was taking the photos, I noticed that the Kenna and the Dr. Evil figure seemed to have a sort of amusing chemistry together.

That Momoko, though, she can actually be kind of intimidating for a "cute" and "petite" doll.

(08-04-2019, 07:11 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Masterpiece! Everything about this one is beyond amazing! Light, composition, mood, oh my goodness, this one is SO good. I love it! I love it I love it I love it!

As you know, the "secret" here is: if the photo doesn't turn out, convert it to B&W.   LOL

[Image: august4.jpg]
4 August – General Patton figure by 21st Century Toys

A quick pic to test out the "door" I've been working on. I thought making a door for a scene in a pic-fic I have in mind would take me maybe an hour or two. Ha! The door ended up requiring two walls and a bunch of wall decor and took many hours spread out over about two weeks... and I'm still not happy with it. Oh well, shadows and selective camera angles may help to hide its craptastic nature.

As for the army guy figure, he's pretty cool, very detailed, but I'm not sure I'll keep him. His face sculpt is a bit too realistic for most of my scenes. Of course, the contrast between a realistic figure and a Monster High, Bratz, or even GI Joe fig can enhance the comedic effect, which is fun. But I'll probably do some checking on eBay to see if he's worth at least trying to pass on to a "military figure collector."

EDIT: I looked him up. Even with all the detailed equipment, the figure often brings less than the cost of shipping. Poor guy, I guess he's stuck in The Dungeon!
Well, he could still have adventures out in your great wild surroundings with the other guys...
Agree about the atmospheric B&W one. Too bad the door project is being so frustrating, but, it looks pretty good here. As you say, selective lighting & angles.
He looks like he's saying "oh yeah? You wanna kick me out? I'd love to see you try."