davidd's A Doll A Day 2019
This mission gets more and more dangerous! I hope the girls are OK!
Oh, that looked like a nasty tumble. I hope the girls are alright
Oh no! And it looks like they were doing so well to start with!

I hope no one was hurt / damaged in the tumble.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
(10-23-2019, 11:26 AM)Alliecat Wrote: I hope they're acting and didn't really take another dangerous tumble!

Nope, not acting. This was a genuine "dangerous tumble" caught on camera! That fourth pic is a true "action" capture, and the last two pics are how they landed!

(10-23-2019, 03:24 PM)Elfy Wrote: I think the girls are rather height challenged here.

In doll terms they're pretty tall, but in real world situations, yeah, they're vertically challenged.

(10-23-2019, 07:03 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: This mission gets more and more dangerous! I hope the girls are OK!

Yes, this project does seem to be getting more dangerous. Fortunately, the girls have survived physically unscathed; they appear to be much tougher than some of the cautionary text on the Smart Doll web site suggests. Jane/Harmony has even survived several "face plants" without scratches.

(10-23-2019, 07:25 PM)werepuppy Wrote: Oh, that looked like a nasty tumble. 

This one came as a bit of a surprise, and they ended up pitching head-first off the deck.

(10-23-2019, 08:13 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: And it looks like they were doing so well to start with!

Yup, things were off to a good start. Too good, perhaps. Too good is often a bad sign.

[Image: october23a.jpg]
"Okay, I have an idea! All we have to do is...."
"No! No no no no no! Absolutely, positively NO!"

[Image: october23b.jpg]
"Don't drop the rope!"
"Forget the stupid rope! Don't drop me!"

[Image: october23d.jpg]
"Now all we have to do is pull and the poles should stand right up!"

[Image: october23e.jpg]
"Do you have any idea how high we are?"
"Don't look down, that's all!"

[Image: october23f.jpg]
"See? It's working!"
"Don't say anything, you'll jinx it!"

[Image: october23g.jpg]
"Almost there! Keep the rope taut!"
"Line – Sunsette says that a 'rope that's doing a job' is called a 'line.'"
"Okay, okay, keep the line taut!"

[Image: october23h.jpg]
"Aaaannnddddd.... okay! Let up! I think we've got it!"

[Image: october23i.jpg]
"I told you that would work!"
"Fine, fine, it worked! Now let's get down from here before the wind blows us over the rainbow!"
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Does Triv get danger money?
This is an amazing sequence of photos - they’re even braver than I thought from the IG photos!

And seeing as my guess of a greenhouse was wrong, I’m very intrigued as to what they’re building.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Amazing photos! It looks like a beginning of a teepee...
They look amazing! Well done.
Aha, another touristy-accommodation teepee; didn't you mention rentals a while back? I should've posted my guess when the poles appeared.
These are great. They're certainly having an adventure with all their DIYing. Once again, their poses, especially from behind where they're perched on the hoop house thingy, are so natural.

(10-24-2019, 10:58 AM)davidd Wrote:
"Line – Sunsette says that a 'rope that's doing a job' is called a 'line.'"
LOL
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
(10-24-2019, 06:55 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Amazing photos! It looks like a beginning of a teepee...

It does, a bit, doesn't it?

[Image: october24k.jpg]
24 October – Help Has Arrived!

Another conscript for the construction crew: introducing "Danielle" aka Smart Doll Kanata.

Poor Kanata has been reposing in her shipping carton for a while; since this past December, actually!

It's been busy around here, y'know?   Sweatdrop

Anyway, she's out, now, and ready to... well, if not to actually get to work, at least to look like she's ready to get to work!
She looks competent - but looks can be deceiving LOL

And she may not wNt to be helpful if she’s been trapped in a box for 11 months!
She’ll need time to get used to open spaces and light and other dolls to interact with.
She looks so great in khaki!
Well, welcome to Danielle! I hope she enjoys her time with you. I really like her boots and her glasses.
Today was one of those days in which the hours simply disappeared. Carly to the rescue!

[Image: october25.jpg]
25 October – iCarly Fashion Switch Carly by Playmates Toys