Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019!
She’s lovely, the kimono is so pretty.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
(10-20-2019, 01:18 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: Ah, she's lovely!

Thank you ^^ 

(10-20-2019, 01:58 AM)davidd Wrote: Susie is lovely; she makes me think of a higher-quality Momoko. The outfit looks beautifully detailed.

That's right, you have wolves patrolling the grounds of your manor house. I can picture them in my mind, stalking ominously among the charred scarecrows.

The body does feel a bit more substaintal than a Momoko in terms of how the plastic feels. Susie was marketed as a higher end collector's doll rather than a slightly more ex.pensive fashion doll as Momoko is, I believe. 

They like chewing on the sticks that hold the scarecrows in the ground. They're good pups. 

(10-20-2019, 02:25 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: She's so pretty! I absolutely love that kimono!

(10-20-2019, 09:25 AM)Elfy Wrote: She’s different and like neon, I really like her outfit.

(10-20-2019, 09:17 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: She’s lovely, the kimono is so pretty.

Thank you! All three of you are right in singling out the kimono - it's honestly the thing I get drawn to the most. One of those dolls who will never be removed from her stock as a result. 

- - - 

293: Siberian Spirit Susie
[Image: 61241177_3066c8d8c9acfcfba0781a1f2531060d_standard.jpg]
My one other Susie doll! The story behind this girl was that Susie - the character - had been chosen to be the face of the video game character. The doll came in blonde or this blue haired version. She was another 2004 release. 

In my collection? Well, she's recently been redressed because I wanted to see what she seemed like out of the character costume. That picture will come, um, soon. I hope.
Ah yes, the silver Susie! The last time you posted a picture of this figure it sent me off down an online and eBay rabbit hole trying to learn more and to possible track one down. She is quite spectacularly awesome in her retro-futuristic Amazonian space warrior goddess costume.

If Susie is now sporting other clothes, who gets to try on the retro-futuristic Amazonian space warrior goddess costume?
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
The combination of her blue hair and silver outfit is totally killer!
I love the variety of dolls in your collection.
I’m very interested to see hat she looks like out of this silver outfit - which is spectacular, BTW.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Both Susies are cool! The kimono is very nice; she's quite different from the rest of your collection. The retro-silver silver space goddess etc.etc. would fit right in, I guess smile
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
The Siberian Susie reminds me of the northern tribe of Amazons in Xena.
(10-21-2019, 02:12 AM)davidd Wrote: Ah yes, the silver Susie! The last time you posted a picture of this figure it sent me off down an online and eBay rabbit hole trying to learn more and to possible track one down. She is quite spectacularly awesome in her retro-futuristic Amazonian space warrior goddess costume.

If Susie is now sporting other clothes, who gets to try on the retro-futuristic Amazonian space warrior goddess costume?

Ah, that's a good question! No one yet, I'm not sure who it will fit. Probably one of my Momokos, but their looks are very fixed...

(10-21-2019, 02:43 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: The combination of her blue hair and silver outfit is totally killer!

It's very retro-futuristic, as davidd says, so it stands out a lot ^^

(10-21-2019, 03:16 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: I love the variety of dolls in your collection.

Aw, thank you!

(10-21-2019, 06:13 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: I’m very interested to see hat she looks like out of this silver outfit - which is spectacular, BTW.

Thanks! I will get a nice picture of her in her more casual outfit soon. Hopefully. Yes.

(10-21-2019, 10:31 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Both Susies are cool!  The kimono is very nice; she's quite different from the rest of your collection.  The retro-silver silver space goddess etc.etc. would fit right in, I guess smile

Well, there are quite a few space dwellers around the place, so that look does fit a bit. Lol.

(10-21-2019, 03:28 PM)Elfy Wrote: The Siberian Susie reminds me of the northern tribe of Amazons in Xena.

Oh, I didn't consider that! You've got a good point, there! 

- - - 

294: Dorothy Must Die
[Image: 61266466_45c8abdf87217ff80310414974172bcc_standard.jpg]
"But what did I do?!"
Really, Dorothy? Murdering someone because of a stolen shoe is grossly disproportionate self-defence! Although I guess it would classify as a manslaughter (witchslaughter?) rather than murder in this particular case, as it wasn't Dorothy's intention to downright kill the witch...
You murdered the Wicked Witch of the East. Then you stole her shoes. Makes you sound like one of those gang members who will kill somebody for their Nikes and Rolex.

Then you murdered the Wicked Witch of the West. It sounds like a gangland vendetta against one particular family.

Then you unmasked the benevolent dictatorship of the Wizard who kept things running smoothly, which will no doubt send the entire Land of Oz spiraling in to chaos, anarchy, and civil war.

You are a wanton killer, dear, and a menace to society as a whole. That's what you did.
(10-22-2019, 01:06 AM)davidd Wrote: You murdered the Wicked Witch of the East. Then you stole her shoes. Makes you sound like one of those gang members who will kill somebody for their Nikes and Rolex.

Then you murdered the Wicked Witch of the West. It sounds like a gangland vendetta against one particular family.

Then you unmasked the benevolent dictatorship of the Wizard who kept things running smoothly, which will no doubt send the entire Land of Oz spiraling in to chaos, anarchy, and civil war.

You are a wanton killer, dear, and a menace to society as a whole. That's what you did.

Oh, yeah, there was all that orther murdering and other mess-making stuff.

I never read the book, started many times, but always gave up after a few pages, and I only remember the melting scene from the movie. I forgot about all the other things... This just proves that cute little girls are actually very dangerous creatures!
She had a vicious little ill-tempered dog that was constantly snarling and growling and biting people, too.
(10-22-2019, 01:45 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote:
(10-22-2019, 01:06 AM)davidd Wrote: You murdered the Wicked Witch of the East. Then you stole her shoes. Makes you sound like one of those gang members who will kill somebody for their Nikes and Rolex.

Oh, yeah, there was all that orther murdering and other mess-making stuff.

I never read the book, started many times, but always gave up after a few pages, and I only remember the melting scene from the movie. I forgot about all the other things... This just proves that cute little girls are actually very dangerous creatures!

Like most things, the book and the film are two very different beasts. You’d probably enjoy the TV show Emerald City, very loosely based on Baum’s concept.
(10-22-2019, 12:24 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Really, Dorothy? Murdering someone because of a stolen shoe is grossly disproportionate self-defence! Although I guess it would classify as a manslaughter (witchslaughter?) rather than murder in this particular case, as it wasn't Dorothy's intention to downright kill the witch...

Dorothy had no control of the house, she would point out. And she was very, very scared... But you're right.

Dorothy: ... Oh. 

All good points, all very good points. 

(10-22-2019, 03:22 PM)Elfy Wrote: Like most things, the book and the film are two very different beasts. You’d probably enjoy the TV show Emerald City, very loosely based on Baum’s concept.

Ooh, I liked that show.

- - - 

295: "Fine, Call Me Fred"
[Image: 61301255_a79b32e256b04e81314e89f17c0dcd7c_standard.jpg]
Arrival date: 14th October 2019

Mrs Who from A Wrinkle in Time. When I saw this doll, I immediately thought of the Time Lord High Council - it's the collar - and knew she had to be part of my collection somehow. Thanks to a deep discount due to a damanged box, I now have her.

So, who is she? Well, clearly she's Lady President Romanadvoratrelundar. We all call her Romana, for short.