Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019!
(04-07-2019, 05:05 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Cedar truly is too cute! The idea to give her woodgrain texture was genius!

It really was! It was one of those little things that I wish they had continued with other dolls. 

(04-07-2019, 08:43 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: Lizzie is a well-put-together doll.  It took ok me ages to find here here, and the day I did I think there were multiples on the shelf.

My favourite thing about Cedar is her wood grain from mush, such a clever touch

EAH started out so strong, moon faces aside. The creativity is amazing and I wish there were lines that still had this level of creativity - MH was another really strong one. 

(04-07-2019, 10:50 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Your EAH girls are both pretty.  Is Cedar part tree, or something...?  Again, not familiar with the backstories, but it's interesting that she has 'grain'.

Daughter of Pinocchio, so she's meant to be a puppet. It's a really cool thing, the grain. 

(04-07-2019, 08:24 PM)Elfy Wrote: Cedar is the daughter of Pinocchio, so yes made of wood. They’re fairly liberal with their interpretations of the fairy tales.

... This is very true, actually. I think they went with stories that people were likely to know thanks to Disney... 

- - - 

97. Dexter Charming
[Image: 48978320_05eacc16d31119bfe5d81dda0f770b9b_standard.jpg]
So Dexter was the second male release from Ever After High and their first Prince and... Okay, he's a bit boring design wise. Not that I don't dislike him, but I think he was a very safe choice for them go with for a release. That being said, I really do like the scarf that apparently only came with his initial release. (Also, I'm still a little annoyed we never got a Sparrow Hood. I would have loved that.) Oh, sadly Dexter's bag is just a molded piece of plastic, it doesn't open at all.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019! - by werepuppy - 04-07-2019, 11:46 PM