Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019!
(04-06-2019, 02:38 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Lizzie! I've never seen one in person... Otherwise I would get her, of course... Oh, she's a beauty!

Honestly, I only saw her in the one shop and that was when I was able to get hold of her. I think it was the usual issues. 

(04-06-2019, 01:47 PM)Elfy Wrote: Lizzie is one of my favourite EAH dolls.

I really think she's one of the more entertaining characters in the line up, and I love her signature doll.

(04-06-2019, 02:59 PM)kadytheredpanda Wrote: I remember those Charlie's Angels dolls! IIRC they advertised that they had abs, which made me lol at 10 years old.
Lizzie's a beaut!

Okay, that would have made me laugh as well. 

She really is a lovely doll. 

- - - 

96. Cedar Wood
[Image: 48978312_7d8bb1b88ce29e99169b614e5f822e15_standard.jpg]
Okay so fun fact, the day I got Cedar I wasn't even aware she was out. I had heard of a shop having Lizzie Hearts in, and had went to get her, and Cedar was sitting next to her on the shelf. She tends to be the EAH doll I fawn over the most, calling her adorable and too cute for her own good. I mean look at the little socks, and the peter pan collar and just... She's a cutie. I'm a bit fan of how they gave her a texture mold to represent the wood grain.
Cedar truly is too cute! The idea to give her woodgrain texture was genius!
Lizzie is a well-put-together doll. It took ok me ages to find here here, and the day I did I think there were multiples on the shelf.

My favourite thing about Cedar is her wood grain from mush, such a clever touch
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Your EAH girls are both pretty. Is Cedar part tree, or something...? Again, not familiar with the backstories, but it's interesting that she has 'grain'.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Cedar is the daughter of Pinocchio, so yes made of wood. They’re fairly liberal with their interpretations of the fairy tales.
(04-07-2019, 05:05 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Cedar truly is too cute! The idea to give her woodgrain texture was genius!

It really was! It was one of those little things that I wish they had continued with other dolls. 

(04-07-2019, 08:43 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: Lizzie is a well-put-together doll.  It took ok me ages to find here here, and the day I did I think there were multiples on the shelf.

My favourite thing about Cedar is her wood grain from mush, such a clever touch

EAH started out so strong, moon faces aside. The creativity is amazing and I wish there were lines that still had this level of creativity - MH was another really strong one. 

(04-07-2019, 10:50 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Your EAH girls are both pretty.  Is Cedar part tree, or something...?  Again, not familiar with the backstories, but it's interesting that she has 'grain'.

Daughter of Pinocchio, so she's meant to be a puppet. It's a really cool thing, the grain. 

(04-07-2019, 08:24 PM)Elfy Wrote: Cedar is the daughter of Pinocchio, so yes made of wood. They’re fairly liberal with their interpretations of the fairy tales.

... This is very true, actually. I think they went with stories that people were likely to know thanks to Disney... 

- - - 

97. Dexter Charming
[Image: 48978320_05eacc16d31119bfe5d81dda0f770b9b_standard.jpg]
So Dexter was the second male release from Ever After High and their first Prince and... Okay, he's a bit boring design wise. Not that I don't dislike him, but I think he was a very safe choice for them go with for a release. That being said, I really do like the scarf that apparently only came with his initial release. (Also, I'm still a little annoyed we never got a Sparrow Hood. I would have loved that.) Oh, sadly Dexter's bag is just a molded piece of plastic, it doesn't open at all.
Playline boy dolls never really click with me for some reason. I love Taeyangs and Isuls and BJD boys of all kinds, but neither EAH nor MH dolls (dolls! I did/do love many of the characters) caught my fancy. That being said, I was really hoping they'd release Sparrow, he was so adorkable! But maybe it's for the better, I would be really sad to see him with molded-on hair and clothes and next to nonexistent articulation...
Oh of course, Pinocchio. I was trying to think of what fairy-tale character might be her parent, and was stuck on animated trees LOL
Are there many male characters in the EAH world?
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
(04-08-2019, 05:05 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Oh of course, Pinocchio.  I was trying to think of what fairy-tale character might be her parent, and was stuck on animated trees LOL  
Are there many male characters in the EAH world?

In terms of doll releases - Dexter & Daring Charming (sons of Prince Charming), Alister Wonderland (son of Alice in Wonderland) and Hunter Huntsman (son of the Huntsman from Snow White, or maybe the Woodchopper from Little Red Riding Hood)

In terms of other characters that were reasonably prominent in the books or little cartoons (but never made into a doll) - sparrow Hood (son of Robin Hood), Humphrey (son of Humpty Dumpty), Hopper Croakington (son of the Frog Prince, and there was also the son of Hansel/Gretel but I can’t remember what his name was.

Werepuppy - the guys were all fairly bland in their releases, I think in comparison to the girls
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
(04-08-2019, 01:11 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Playline boy dolls never really click with me for some reason. I love Taeyangs and Isuls and BJD boys of all kinds, but neither EAH nor MH dolls (dolls! I did/do love many of the characters) caught my fancy. That being said, I was really hoping they'd release Sparrow, he was so adorkable! But maybe it's for the better, I would be really sad to see him with molded-on hair and clothes and next to nonexistent articulation...

I think I felt so let down by EAH boys because even at their plainest, the MH boys were still really interesting in their doll form. But yeah, Dexter and Daring were ... eh. Hunter had promise, at least. I really wanted a Sparrow - I would have accepted molded-on hair if it was accurate to the design shown in the cartoon shorts. But next to non-existent articulation would not have worked for the guitar player...

(04-08-2019, 05:05 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Oh of course, Pinocchio.  I was trying to think of what fairy-tale character might be her parent, and was stuck on animated trees LOL  

See, now my head is stuck on what a child version of one of the Ents from Middle Earth would be like and... yeah, that's a fun kind of image, lol. 

I really have to agree with you there. It was like they didn't try with the EAH guys. 

- - - 

98. Mira Shards: Not Just a Reflection
[Image: 48979000_99731b03058011df935abcca02bf3268_standard.jpg]
Mira Shards!  In my doll-verse, Mira is not really the Evil Queen under a glamour spell to appear as a teenager. She's more a ... magical clone of the teenage years of said Evil Queen, who actually doesn't really want that future. Not because she doesn't feel evil, but because she doesn't why Snow gets to be the "good one" when she does just as many bad things as Mira herself.

... I'll develop it more as I go on.
Your title is clever, and appropriate to your interpretation of the character.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Wow, what an interesting backstory draft!
Mira is stunning with the contrast between her red hair and the black/white/grey of her outfit.

And your backstory for her sounds fascinating
(04-08-2019, 11:29 PM)werepuppy Wrote: See, now my head is stuck on what a child version of one of the Ents from Middle Earth would be like and... yeah, that's a fun kind of image, lol. 
Ha! That was ex-actly where my head went too LOL
Agree, Mira's colour scheme is very nice. It sounds like you're having fun making up alternate histories for many of these characters.
(04-09-2019, 01:34 AM)davidd Wrote: Your title is clever, an appropriate to your interpretation of the character.

Thanks! 

(04-09-2019, 05:38 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Wow, what an interesting backstory draft!

Thanks, still working on it

(04-09-2019, 08:32 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: Mira is stunning with the contrast between her red hair and the black/white/grey of her outfit.

And your backstory for her sounds fascinating

Oh yeah, the colour contrast on her is really amazing.

(04-09-2019, 12:27 PM)Alliecat Wrote: Ha!  That was ex-actly where my head went too LOL
Agree, Mira's colour scheme is very nice.  It sounds like you're having fun making up alternate histories for many of these characters.

Child Ents... I want that now, LOL

- - - 

99. The Queen Girls
[Image: 48979004_7ba70d9c6664b893f60133dff0fbc1fa_standard.jpg]
Yeah, due to her status as weird magical clone, they count Mira as a sister rather than their mother. It's a thing.