dargosmydaddy's attempt at a doll a week...
Quote:Your typewriter makes me feel like crying, as in real tears, by the way....

So take that as a warning: do NOT take your typewriter to a "professional" typewriter shop for repairs. And steer well clear of anything called an "acid bath."

I've never seen another model from this era in such perfect condition as was mine, not even in museums. Treasure yours.

Aw, that's awful! We did some cleaning mostly with water and a q-tip (the keys looked like someone had put "caps" on them to practice touch typing, and they'd left behind a weird residue). A few of the keys stick a bit (if you push them, they stay down and the letter part that would hit the paper stays up), and I'm not sure what's up with the internal bits. I definitely treasure it as a historical artifact (and occasional photography subject) and am fine with it being non-functional. Mine does not have glass panels on the side. It is super heavy, though!

Quote: Is this her trying to encourage you to write?

Ha! I need all the encouragement I can get.
Quote:OK seriously, what does it say about you as a person that you can look at someone's re-wigged/re-chipped/somehow-customized Pullip and recognize what the base doll was, and yet when you meet real people in real life, that you're supposed to know, you can't remember their names!!!???

I have such a mental block on names/faces, and am finding it so bizarre that I seem to be better at recognizing dolls than people

LOL! I am the same way-- I'm terrible with people faces. Doll faces are easier to figure out!

Messages In This Thread
RE: dargosmydaddy's attempt at a doll a week... - by dargosmydaddy - 08-06-2019, 08:51 AM