Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quarantine20 Scavenger Hunt!!! ...The winners...!!! :D
*giggle* I saw your edit n the Grand Finale photo. Elfy & I did wonder if you were teasing us a bit as we live in “tomorrow land” compared to most others playing along, and therefore we would also have most of our Saturday for photos.
We are fine with whatever date you pick on consensus. We had planned on doing our final photos on Friday already, as I have the day off, and he’s home by 3pm, but we also generally take our photos on the weekend.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Neon, that’s just the type of Hat idea we had for ours! Yours is much more prettily staged than ours will be, I think smile

Dargo- that’s so cool about the letter & photo. And their handwriting is so elegant compared to my chicken scrawl (I took meeting minutes today, and can barely read what I’ve been writing LOL )
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
OK, judging from the amount of things I was(n't) able to do today, it wouldn't be bad to have weekend to finish this off, but if we decide to keep the deadline as it is, that's fine with me, too. So I'll leave it up to you guys.
I thought the Quarantine Scavenger Hunt would run until the quarantine restrictions end; in other words, indefinitely!

Or at least for another month. Or until civilization collapses, whichever comes first.

I vote for postponing the final and giving us another round of prompts!
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Quote:I thought the Quarantine Scavenger Hunt would run until the quarantine restrictions end; in other words, indefinitely!

Or at least for another month. Or until civilization collapses, whichever comes first.

I vote for postponing the final and giving us another round of prompts!

Maybe someone else could open a May version and give Alliecat a break?

Grand finale: Composite
Bex is wearing striped stockings and a hat with a pinback button. She is sitting on a rainbow stack of books, and the blue book is what I'm currently reading.

[Image: 49838388407_b3a2913bae_z.jpg]Bex14 by tisue999, on Flickr

Thank you, Alliecat, for providing a great month of quarantine distraction! It was a lot of fun figuring out pictures and seeing what everyone else came up with!
A) That's an awesome photo!

B) I'm confused now. Do we pick a few prompts and hunt for new items for them, or do we use what we originally found? Or both?

I do kinda sorta have a list of prompts I started putting together mostly for my own amusement, but I can't provide prizes. Shipping anything anywhere from here is hella hell when everything's fine, let alone right now. I'd like to use this opportunity to relinquish the right to be included in the draw, as receiving anything from anywhere is hella hell right now, thank you, Alliecat!
Quote:B) I'm confused now. Do we pick a few prompts and hunt for new items for them, or do we use what we originally found? Or both?

Uh-oh, I'm probably the one who's confused... rereading Alliecat's post, it does sound more like we were supposed to use the original photo items... and I think I managed not to use any items I used in the original pictures for that entry. :facepalm:
You can use the same items or different; I used most of the same ones but a different magnet. So a mix is fine, as long as they match the prompt definition.
Cheers to dargosmydaddy for our first composite pic!  grin

(04-30-2020, 10:59 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: *giggle* I saw your edit n the Grand Finale photo.  Elfy & I did wonder if you were teasing us a bit as we live in “tomorrow land” compared to most others playing along....
ha ha, I do have to think about that; I have a couple of friends in Australia and must remember to message holiday or birthday greetings in time, because often by the time I think of it, the occasion is over LOL  but no, like Sunsette who thinks it’s Blursday the fortyleventh, I just lost track of time.

OK, let’s add the weekend.  Like the April 30 tax deadline we are getting an extension on, we’ll add a couple more days.
MAY 3, 23:59... (yes I looked at the calendar LOL )... that is THE END!!
And yes it would be fun if someone else wanted to host something; with the mail being what it is perhaps we don’t always have to have prizes.

(neon, I want to include everyone in the draw; If you do win I will hold it for you until the mail is moving. I may have to do that with whoever wins.)
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Quote:You can use the same items or different; I used most of the same ones but a different magnet. So a mix is fine, as long as they match the prompt definition.

Cheers to dargosmydaddy for our first composite pic!  

Oh, yay!

neon, if you want a co-host, I'll do it with you... I was thinking of some ideas, too, but I'd feel overwhelmed doing it alone and finding time to come up with that many ideas and take pictures of them. Half the load sounds doable. I could probably come up with some kind of a prize, too, and hopefully by the end of May/ early June I'd even feel safe going to the post office smile (My area of New Jersey is basically a suburb of New York City and has been pretty hard hit... I'm not venturing out much at the moment!)

If you'd rather do the whole month yourself without a prize, that's cool, too!
EDIT: dargosmydaddy, I was trying to resize the map pics into resonable size, so I missed your post. I have a list of 26 prompts, and can come up with more, so if that's enough, I can handle the thread, but without the prizes.
What do others think?

I have two more photos today.

#23 - smallest denomination coin

[Image: 43fac4229532f7d2eb8a4d62a3bb5c04.jpg]

I our currency, only Crowns physically exist, Hellers are still used in prices, but the physical coins aren't in use since 2008, so unless you pay with card, the total gets rounded up to the next Crown. However, my parents still had a 50 Hellers coin, so here it is. I don't miss them, I never liked the design. Monty also isn't impressed. The smallest denomination coin still in use (although not in Czech Republic) is 1 euro cent, that's the one May is holding. I like it, I like copper coins.

#13 - a map

I had fun with this one.

[Image: 8c993e22b7eb999586f16b239bca801f.jpg]

And an extra one:

[Image: 63c68fff7623463766ad2a69a5603d30.jpg]

Now I have freshly baked and the final shot left to do.
Quote:EDIT: dargosmydaddy, I was trying to resize the map pics into resonable size, so I missed your post. I have a list of 26 prompts, and can come up with more, so if that's enough, I can handle the thread, but without the prizes.
Sounds good! Can't wait to see your prompts.
Those map shots are gorgeous, especially the "extra."
I really need to start taking notes when I catch up on this thread so I can reply to specific people/photos but I love everything as always. Especially learning about different currencies!! And the fossils wow! I finally finished up my photos today. I can't wait to see the next list of prompts!

FINALLY, 4. Radio
[Image: 49838671063_2ef1242360.jpg]

If you look closely, that little white fluff in the background is my cat Elphie! I can't believe it took me so long to find a doll sized radio that wasn't the karaoke machine in the dollhouse. But here's Max and Roxy and their daughter Kimmi having a little dance party.

15. Freshly Baked
[Image: 49839212991_7dd32f720e.jpg]

My mom made coffee cake just in time to get this done! Of course our resident pastry chef, Kermi, had to be in this one Heart 2

21. A Hat
[Image: 49838672293_6c3190d572.jpg]

I set Jake aside for photos in this hat a few weeks ago and never got around to taking any, so I thought I'd use him for this theme in his little cat hat! Also fun fact, I work at a Spencer's Gifts and the background is from our Birds of Prey display! (My supervisor let me take it home when we took everything down LOL also just wanted an excuse to talk about my job because I miss it so much!) 

22. A Magnet
[Image: 49839214141_e7fc106447.jpg]

I wanted this photo to be a little darker and creepy, but I just couldn't make it work without a planchette. I believe I got this magnet my freshman year of high school to use in my locker and never realized what a perfect size it was for my dolls!

23. Smallest denomination coin
[Image: 49838673423_b7054fb9bb.jpg]

Wanted to use my lucky Canadian penny, but I couldn't find it (very fitting because today's been kinda rough), so here's it's less cool cousin. Good ole Abe!

24. A Cat
[Image: 49839214036_8755fd6d6b.jpg]

Boy was I excited to see this theme. I love cats and currently have 4 so I was really hoping I could rope one of them into a photo. Luckily Sinder is my emotional support animal and is always attached to my hip, so I was able to prop Syd up with her while she was sleeping on my desk chair. The cat in Syd's arms is a recreation of my first ESA (Ash, or her full name Ashlynn Cat-Chum from Purrlet Town who uses a Pikamew), who I miss so dearly and was like a child to me. She went missing right before hurricane Irma and we never found her, so I decided to immortalize her in the dollhouse (as well as a forearm tattoo) so my mini me could have her forever, and thought she'd also be a cute addition to this photo. Syd is also wearing a cat necklace my friend Abby made me, but you can't really see the charm Sweatdrop

FINALE!!! LOL
[Image: 49839214341_79ae8889aa.jpg]

Stripes, a button (pin on), blue toy, a cat, an item from another country, radio, an interesting bottle, hammer or screwdriver, and a spring! Syd's pooped from all this scavenger hunting, but it was so fun and inspiring to have all these prompts! Thank you for arranging this Alliecat! Can't wait to see the next round if there is one. This has been so awesome! Heart 2
Looking for: Dal Lucia, Sentimental Noon, Taeyang Richt

Whoa, neon, YOU DREW THAT MAP?  So neat!
The other map is also very cool -- fun names.  I googled wink

What a beautiful kitty... and such a sad story about Ash's disappearance.  I understand the 'losing your child' feeling for a really special one. Cry
The family dance party is cute -- and the coffee cake looks yummy.  Syd indeed looks pooped from all that work -- very cute shot.

Fun photos again!  grin

(05-01-2020, 09:32 AM)s1dthesqu1d Wrote: I really need to start taking notes when I catch up on this thread ...
Oh man.  You oughtta see my list.  I'll post it, before we're done; it's required some 'mindfulness' to make sure I counted everyone's photos.  I'll post my count too (after re-counting! LOL ) in case I missed anything.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Great batch, s1dthesqu1d! Your dolls always seem to be so full of personality in your photos!

Alliecat, yes, I drew that map, thank you very much!!! I actually have several maps of that other world, it's the best world ever, including Oddwickshire!

#15 - something freshly baked

These are Mokke from Jibaku Shounen Hanako-kun. They are adorable little candy-loving monsters, you can read about them here. I made them out of Fimo, a European brand of polymer clay that is finished by baking in oven. I took the photos right after baking them, so they really are freshly baked! They turned too pink though, their original color is supposed to be lighter. I would be so happy if Azone made dolls of the characters from the manga / anime. Good Smile Company announced a Hanako-kun Nendoroid, though, so I'll be getting my first Nendo as soon as he comes out.

[Image: d8ff49623519ebd0043802ded6f6b08b.jpg]

You can see a lot of those vintage radios throughout the series. When I was talking to my dad about his old radio and how it's a great scale for dolls, he decided to make my dolls some stylish vintage radios of their own, I'll be definitely taking more pics soon! They're perfect for the Mokke, too. I picked Twyla to pose with them, because I think that in a crossover between Monster High and Hanako-kun, she'd make good friends with them.

Here they are in the oven:

[Image: 84080670284be1c89584b2be37cacb92.jpg]

And that just leaves the final shot and I'll be done. I'll take it tomorrow, I'm too tired today.
Whoa, so many great photos here! I want to react to a lot of them, but since we're running out of time, and I massively failed doing even half of the challenges, I at least wanted to share what I do have before time runs out (22:40 here T__T). I'll come back to comment on everything tomorrow! ^^

7.  a used stamp
- I used to collect stamps as a kid. Not the official way, I just kept whatever was on the mail sent to us and relatives - most came from the latter, and especially from my aunt who used to work at an office and had access to all the incoming mail. I got tons of stamps from her, but for office mail people usually used common stamps. These stamps, depicting remarkable local buildings were so abundant in the 1990s, I used to dislike them as a result. When I got reunited with my collection last year due to clearing out a family storage, I learned to see their beauty. They came in all colours, but for this photo I only picked the ones that were blue or green. I have a lot of most of them, but for some weird reason, there's only one of the 12 HUF one - which is why I put that in the middle.
The collection is presented by  little miss grumpy mermaid Pisces :3
[Image: 49842971261_20878ac6d9_z.jpg]
Grumpy mermaid swimming in stamp sea by ~Loona~, on Flickr

8.  a blue doll/figure/toy
- just a casual photo of one of my Novi Stars Una Verse dolls. This one I tend to call Teenie Una, she has been rebodied on an Equestria Girls doll body.
I never thought of Una as a favourite Novi of mine, however, I somehow ended up with 3 of them, all living on my desk within half a meter from me as I type now. Sometimes we are blind to see where real love is smile
[Image: 49789173417_63b7cb4d95_z.jpg]
[/url][url=https://flic.kr/p/2iRGwCr]Teenie Una by ~Loona~, on Flickr

15.  something freshly baked
- I can't say this photo qualifies, but I thought I'd add it in as a bonus ^^ Besides dolls I'm also a Furby collector, and have around 100 Furbabies. This little guy is called Raspberry (translated - officially I call him Málna, which is the Hungarian word for raspberry), and has a special place in my heart. The screenshot is taken from my Instagram story, as I realised later that it contains a scavenger hunt item grin
[Image: ms7plsV.png]
My Flickr Gallery blush

"I wear my sunglasses at night
So I can, so I can
See the light that's right before my eyes"