Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quarantine20 Scavenger Hunt!!! ...The winners...!!! :D
Loona, you have till Sunday night; note the extended deadline smile
I did a double take at your Pisces -- I have her too. Cute!

Neon, what a surprising take on "freshly baked" -- that's so funny!
And I love the oven shot! Looks like something from a movie... little critters preparing to take over the world xp
How awesome that your dad made those! Treasure them!! I think it's lovely when family members support our hobby. Dad had lost most of his vision by the time I started accumulating dolls, so he never really saw my crew sad
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
The Novi Stars head on the Equestria Girls body works really well! It's more appropriately scaled than putting Novi heads on Monster High bodies.

THOSE RADIOS!!!! Heart 2 Heart 2 Heart 2
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
The freshly-baked one made me laugh a lot. Your dad is so clever with the making of the tint props for the photos. Is that his work/trade (carpentry) or a hobby?

Loona, your mermaid is a cutie swimming in the sea of stamps. And that’s clever using a different body on the Novi Star - do they all have new bodies, or just this one?
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
I love the Mokke, they remind me a little of the Gleems (a creature/s I created for the Realmspace series of books I amuse myself by writing) except the Gleems are small green blobs.
(05-02-2020, 01:29 PM)Elfy Wrote: ... a creature/s I created for the Realmspace series of books I amuse myself by writing....

Oh My  And... we can read these where?
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
(05-02-2020, 01:45 PM)davidd Wrote:
(05-02-2020, 01:29 PM)Elfy Wrote: ... a creature/s I created for the Realmspace series of books I amuse myself by writing....

Oh My  And... we can read these where?

I’ve never published them anywhere. I have occasionally considered self publishing. I guess I could post them chapter by chapter somewhere on the ‘net if the interest was there.
Up for the latest round of the Quarantine20 Scavenger Hunt.

[Image: 0de166d7998b010c9f3769880c64146c.jpg]

Lowest denomination coin: Zoey's a girl who likes her money and here she is with a 1 cent coin and a 1941 penny. These are both out of date currency. Our current lowest denomination is 5 cents. The 1 and 2 cent coins went out of circulation in the 90's. Believe it or not we couldn't actually find a 5 cent. 

[Image: 016aca72bfe8236afd54ef83b9db45aa.jpg]

Close up of the 1 cent coin. The creature on the front is actually a possum (a sugar glider to be exact)

[Image: 03781de15d9601d39d316c5f35735fb0.jpg]

Close up of the penny, you can just make out the date of 1941 and the animal is a kangaroo.

[Image: 24b7ec8ff3664325bd95270a49e39ca3.jpg]

Nyxie with a couple of thong themed magnets that make her dream of warmer climes. Note: what everyone else calls sandals we call thongs down here.

[Image: a0080a3dfca5ef85adb5461eae32451a.jpg]

Close up of the magnets. One is from Cairns in far north Queensland and the other was a present from relatives who went to Hawaii.

[Image: 2a68f18e40d96159849537f60682eed2.jpg]

Hat/s: as far as Meredith is concerned a doll can never have too many hats.

[Image: 6e62338138f9e4a9b026dd2491143613.jpg]

Cat: As Toni is technically a cat, this is actually 2 cats. This is a wild friend.

[Image: 5e212ff6b4606d6444b02328b98599f0.jpg]

Combination: Evie jumped at the chance to wander around the house and collect a bunch of stuff, unsurprisingly a lot of it is yellow and black or Tiger themed. We have: toilet paper, Evie is blue (hair and outfit), her scarf is striped and has a pin on button of a Tiger supporter on it, she has the 1 cent and the penny, her mini screwdriver (she's taken it and we can't get it back off her now), she has the tiger figure, which is a cat and a Daniel Rioli magnet (Daniel is a 2 time Richmond Premiership player, he's also Lejays favourite player that doesn't actually play for her team).
Good collection of final items, the cat looks like it's prowling around Toni, looking for exactly the wrong place to stomp on her.
The coins are really cute too.

My final collection of items for this round:

Hats - Robin Hood teddy, Paddington Bear (who is very dusty), and Kjersti Trollson
[Image: 3704d321cfad7c47ee146d125d4c68a1.jpg]

Magnets - Maddie is celebrating Star Wars day a few days early (the space ships are the magnets, usually on the fridge)

[Image: 66ff59a1e7d6a7eca649c82c34403b60.jpg]

Cat - This is Cleocatra, I got her at an Egyptian display / special event at our museum a few years ago

[Image: 6dc849f3dfa47bdb4ee62af1c940d59e.jpg]

Small Coins - Shala offered to look through her treasure pile & found some old small coins.  On the left is the 2c decimal coin, which features a frill-necked lizard & stopped being valid currency in 1992.
On the right is a half-penny from 1941.  Stopped being valid currency in 1966 (14 February to be precise  LOL ), and has a kangaroo on it.

[Image: c6431bdf3eb32d00d68cc85c4367ef16.jpg]
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
And my final entry for the April Scavenger Hunt.

Teddy thought the young whipper-snappers were very disorganized with their collecting one item at a time (he's a great believer in "Work Smarter, Not Harder"  LOL ).  So he waited for the entire list to be published, and collected 18 of the 24 items after lunch today  Tongue  LOL  Whacked

[Image: de18ef7ab0130ee767de9c490a225364.jpg]
Blue toy, hat, coins, purple toy (Batgirl), red pen, current reading, magnets, oldest thing in house (Angela Brazil book), map, rainbow (Skittles packet), umbrella, screwdriver, cancelled stamp, toilet paper (Teddy is sitting on it), cat (Catwoman has a little cat on the base), thing from another place (mask is from Venice), stripes, pin button.

(and now I'm exhausted!)
I'm getting overwhelmed by this thread again...

First off, thank you very much guys, I'm glad you liked my take on 'freshly baked', and I'll see my dad tomorrow, so I'll be sure to pass your compliments along!

Loona, I love your sea of stamps and rebodied Una looks awesome!

Lejays and Elfy, I love your teddies, all your hats, and a coin with a kangaroo on it is so cool! We have national symbols, important people or monuments on our coins, so boring.

Here, at last, is my final shot!

[Image: 61aa311701db9e6985afa65ff5542e32.jpg]
"I have some great and some not-so-great news. Great news is that we finally completed Alliecat's scavenger hunt! Look at all the treasures we found! The not-so-great news is that we need this playset nice and tidy for our A Doll A Day Challenge photo, so we need to clean this mess STAT."

Let's see, there's: current reading (behind the playset), hats, an umbrella, a rainbow, a magnet (just above May's head), a spring, a callendar, something stripey, you can't really see it, but there's a nice little bottle between the radio and the calendar, radios, the oldest thing, coins, a red pen, something purple, something from another country, a map, something freshly baked. So 17.

Whew.

Thank you very much for hosting this, Alliecat! It was a blast!
Thanks for the reminder Alliecat! I haven't seen the extension. I'm unfortunately not really in a creative mood these days (clausto-anxiety strikes again sad ), but I'll see how I get up tomorrow morning smile

And yep, I have seen your Penny/Pisces - she is so cute redressed in that little starry skirt! Sadly mine doesn't yet have other clothes - or even a proper name... I usually call her Grumpy (or so - I usually refer to her with a Hungarian word that translates into something like "grump-bag" Tongue It kind of stuck on her now, I feel a little bad about it :3 ).

(04-20-2020, 04:09 PM)Elfy Wrote: Loona your Lalita looks great.

(04-20-2020, 05:07 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: Loona, your Skelita is beautiful.  Do you still have the skelepuppies too?  I remember them from MHA a few years ago (I was Scarlett over there).

Thank you both! And hi Scarlett! ^^ Yep, I still have the 3 skelepuppies - and I have since also got her 3 skelekitties when Re-Ment released cats in the Pose Skeleton line. I should photograph them someday, I never took a photo of them yet...

dargosmydaddy, I love your Larkin's make-up and wig! She looks gorgeous! And I'm also in love with the dalek shirt!

(05-02-2020, 10:16 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: Loona, your mermaid is a cutie swimming in the sea of stamps.  And that’s clever using a different body on the Novi Star - do they all have new bodies, or just this one?

Technically yes, but not entirely Tongue None of my 3 Unas are on their original bodies, but one of them is on another Novi Stars body, so I sometimes forget she is also rebodied. I never really liked how her lower legs are yellow by default, so I jumped on the opportunity when I found an Anne Arctic body on eBay, and rebodied her on that. Now she is all white and blue, and I love her to bits like that! Teenie Una, as already shown, is on an Equestria Girls body, and Tweenie Una (so not creative sly ) is on a Monster High Abbey Bominable body - here she is:

[Image: 31678752987_81215518ce_z.jpg]
Una in the snow by ~Loona~, on Flickr

I really want to take a picture of the 3 girls together someday.

(05-02-2020, 10:02 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Loona, I love your sea of stamps and rebodied Una looks awesome!

Thank you smile And I wholeheartedly love all the Czech stuff on your pictures! They fill me with massive longing to visit your country again! Under normal circumstances I'm more or less a regular visitor - I usually spend a few days there at least once a year, and if not, I'm starting to have massive withdrawal symptoms. I love the whole country, and Prague is the one and only city in the world I ever considered relocating to. The last time I've been there was in January, but I'm already yearning to go back - I think it's because we usually cross the country around this time of the year (on our way to the Wave Gotik Treffen in Germany - which I assume will be cancelled this year. This breaks my heart Cry ), and the air just smells like it usually does on our way there. This time last year we were doing a road trip in "Czech Switzerland", and I was so looking forward to go back there also this year, I massively love crossing that part by car or train on the way to the festival.
And. The. Trilobite. THE TRILOBITE! I love trilobites! I actually wrote my thesis on the paleobiology of trilobites at university LOL I have some trilobite parts I collected on another trip to the Czech Republic a few years ago, which was mainly about driving around the Barrandium and visiting sites where paleozoic rocks are uncovered. The rocks seen on my radio photo are from there too (though those are not sedimentary and do not have anything to do with trilobites Tongue ). I would lie if I said my wish to relocate to the Czech Republic had nothing to do with my love for your rocks and nature Heart

The Mokke are adorable! And I certainly wouldn't have thought about freshly baked fimo - what a great idea! I don't know why, but I am fascinated by the oven photo smile
My Flickr Gallery blush

"I wear my sunglasses at night
So I can, so I can
See the light that's right before my eyes"
[Image: 49847781452_3275fc4e05.jpg]

A penny, and a twopence from my last trip to the UK

[Image: 49847465081_ccf6969b04.jpg]

The perfect magnet for this challenge is from Mota de Algodon! She includes fun goodies like this when you purchase outfits :smile

[Image: 49847464766_91ec6571cf.jpg]

"See? It's a magnet, not a business card! 

[Image: 49847769867_e61a70d848_z.jpg]

A cat? i have one of those!

[Image: 49847769982_60a5084cd3_z.jpg]

Lita loves Kiki , who was very patient.

EDIT: and hats! 
[Image: 49847464691_68ef4ae68f.jpg]

This human sized hat is a beanie I wore for most of 2016 that I bought from a craft fair. It has strong sentimental meaning.

Ah, another beautiful kitty -- she is indeed patient to pose like that with a doll! Are those bagpipe-playing cats on the tin?? LOL
17 and 18 items --! Wow! I bet these took you guys a while to set up!
Another mask from Venice -- cool. And I'm with Teddy, although I call it "Minimum Effort Theory" (best result for the least ex-penditure of energy xp ). And also with Meredith about having lots of hats. "Cleocatra" made me laugh, and I would totally put an X-wing magnet on my fridge LOL
Thongs, sandals... my first idea would be flip-flops but I don't know if that's a Canadian thing, or what. Or if I'm feeling Hawaii vibes, slippas. wink

I'm just amazed at how many people have done Every Single Prompt here!! Heart
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Yes, those are bagpiper cats. It's from a shortbread tin that now holds doll clothes. I'll include it in my next scavenger photos ^^

(05-03-2020, 11:23 AM)Alliecat Wrote: 17 and 18 items --!  Wow!  I bet these took you guys a while to set up!  
Another mask from Venice -- cool.  And I'm with Teddy, although I call it "Minimum Effort Theory" (best result for the least ex-penditure of energy xp ).  And also with Meredith about having lots of hats.  "Cleocatra" made me laugh, and I would totally put an X-wing magnet on my fridge LOL

I thought you would appreciate the x-wing magnet - we have heaps of magnets from our travels (they’re easy & small souvenir) - so it was a case of deciding which one to use.

We aren’t cat people, so don’t have a live cat as a prop.  And I remembered Cleo was on top of one of bookcases in the library so thought she would be perfect - at the pun name is great  LOL