Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quarantine20 Scavenger Hunt!!! ...The winners...!!! :D
Wow, that is a lot! Congratulations to everyone who participated - and also congrats to Mum for keeping track of it all! Thank you for the opportunity, it was both fun participating and seeing what others have found and came up with smile

I report that Fen Fen's eye chips have been fixed. Well, partially - no more wandering eye, but I have yet to find out why her spinning mechanism doesn't work (she has a spinning 4-colour switching eye mechanism somewhat similar to that of Blythes. I can spin the eyeball manually, but it doesn't switch to blinking like it should).

(05-04-2020, 09:27 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Oooo.  Tristen.  Every once in a while I have a look for her on eBay.  I do NOT need to start collecting random dolls, but she is very pretty.  What do you do for clothes for her -- they're bigger than Barbies, aren't they...?

(I had to google, wondering if "silverfish" is something different in Hungary (like a kind of fish?)... but just found the definition I'm familiar with... slinky little bugs that infest humid places...  ??)
Clothing Moxie Teenz is indeed tricky, because yes, they are bigger... Back when they weren's *so* stupidly expensive I managed to buy some of their official fashion packs and wigs (one new in the Czech Republic - on one of the trips I was mentioning to neon_jellyfish earlier ^^  - and some off eBay MIB, but for reasonable prices), but some Barbie clothes do fit them - the clothes she is wearing in the picture above are fakie clothes that are meant to be Barbie-sized. I found the older clothes were looser, and many of those are a reasonably good fit. Well, if you don't mind that regular leggings become capris and long-sleeves 3/4-sleeves Tongue

And yep, that is the one. I've been fascinated with those little bugs ever since I was a child, and I am always happy if I come across one every now and then Heart

(05-04-2020, 08:25 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Silverfish's hair is beautiful! Do you call her Pikkelyke?
Sometimes yes (that's the name we used for the bugs at home, and I always found the name "Ezüstös pikkelyke" (translating into something like "Silvery little scaly [bug]") adorable), but sometimes I just call her by the English name smile

(05-05-2020, 04:19 AM)fairywarriorcat Wrote: Loona your dolls are so pretty! I like seeing the variety in collections, and Silverfish looks great on a pullip body. Reminds me of the Nano Haruka doll: https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10078185
Thank you! And I see the resemblance too, though Nano Haruka seems much more detailed - which it should be at that price point. I haven't yet heard of them, they look beautiful!
My Flickr Gallery blush

"I wear my sunglasses at night
So I can, so I can
See the light that's right before my eyes"

Messages In This Thread
RE: Quarantine20 Scavenger Hunt!!! :D We're pau! - by Loona - 05-05-2020, 05:03 PM