Elfy's Doll a Week 2021
Sorry about the lateness, as Lejays said in her post Life Happened last week.
We had a couple of trees cut down in the backyard on Friday. Daisy was eager to check out the results and took Timmy and Sophie out to also examine it.

[Image: 53f3c2c5fbb131df884143296d3a8d14.jpg]

And look out all this space we now have! I'll have to find something to plant here!
Did Yari do the tree-cutting as well? LOL
Hope you find some nice flowers to fill the space.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Wait, let me get this straight: they had trees and bushes cut down so they would have space to... plant more trees and bushes?

I guess it must be similar to artists who paint over their old canvases or something.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
There's so much more light in the yard now - we made the right choice to have them removed.

(davidd, one of them was dead, and the other two were classed as "weeds" so we are going to plant something more suitable to the area)
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
We got professionals in to cut the trees.I shudder to even think of Yari with access to a chainsaw. The trees as large as they were, were a nuisance. Their absence opens the yard up much more.
It's been a bit cool here recently, today's photo reflects that.

[Image: c30a32262012c50298eae7e4ab4bcb95.jpg]

Cherie thinks it's cold. Her little friend disagrees, he thinks it is just right. The gloves are for me. Lejays knitted them using the bunny wool that Finn was so taken with the other week.
The penguin looks cozy in his jumper. And Cherie looks warm enough in her cloak.

We should get a photo of Finn with the finished gloves too smile
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
What a cute little penguin. It’s funny to think of it being that cold there.
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
So chilly that even the penguins need to bundle up? That is a bit on the nippy side, then!
What I call cold isn't what you guys would call cold. The penguin doesn't wear the jumper for warmth. The ones that they rescue often lose their feathers due to coming in contact with human chemicals. There's a group of people that knit jumpers for them to wear while they grown their feathers back, and that's the kind they sell as soft toys. These penguins are really tiny, the doll is probably about life size and may even be considered on the plump side. Mostly they live in colonies that were built for them on Philip Island and the nightly 'parade' as they return from their daily fishing expedition (they swim 60 or so kilometres every day on the hunt for fish) is a major tourist attraction. There are colonies other places, too, even St Kilda (I assume those are the tough urban penguins).
I'm pretty sure a St Kikda penguin is running one of the banks or home-lending groups, according to the ads we see.

The penguin jumpers sold on the toys are ones that have been donated but aren't suitable in some was for the live penguins (wrong size, or made of the wrong type of material).

The parade is pretty amazing to see, well worth it. We we're lucky when we did a trip down there a few years back that we were able to see one up close during the day. The Rangers said it was fine, just hasn't taken the trip out that particular day so it was hanging out under the Boardwalk.
Aw, penguins in jumpers!
It's the Queen's Birthday holiday here today.

[Image: 99d77347b7812a77ac3bc28183033f5d.jpg]

Lottie considers herself the Queen of our dolls (not sure the others agree), so from one Queen to another Happy Birthday!

It's not the actual Queen's Birthday, I'm honestly not sure which monarch's birthday the day celebrates, and as we have it on the 2nd Monday in June every year it will never match up.

This could also be a Dolls with Flowers pic. The white rose is from the front garden and the lavender in the pot behind her is a relatively new addition.
When you said The Queen's Birthday, my initial thought was Her Insane Majesty of Oddwickshire, even though I was just speaking with someone about QEII's "official birthday" a couple of days ago.

And... is that lavender in the background? Like, Lavender Cult lavender? Perhaps today is the birthday of Her Insane Majesty of Oddwickshire!

Lottie makes a lovely queen, whether she is sane or not.
Well, the Canadian had to google… I had no idea it would turn out to be so complicated! LOL
https://www.google.ca/amp/s/amp.abc.net..../100194956

What a lovely big rose, and she is certainly dressed to celebrate.