Grand Final Day 2021
It was Softball Grand Final Day this weekend, and Jo-Meg was very excited to have made it to the Grand Final for her grade this year.  Happy

Hanging around Saturday morning waiting for Game Time.  Skylar practiced her cheer-routine too.
[Image: e3f980ce46db8abb3ef453d1dfef35d3.jpg]

On the bench, waiting to go on the field - butterflies in the stomach
[Image: 54c5af20fbec95ea48e6c33966bbd51c.jpg]

Up to bat - can I get on base safely to score a run?
[Image: ee88adc0fd09ba883c7283efc782376d.jpg]

Fielding the ball for the final out of the game
[Image: df0807036e6df48cbe575432c52a81bf.jpg]

Making the throw to get the out!
[Image: 79fe86a381d1de847d0b146488ccac31.jpg]

Jo-Meg & her medal for the team winning the game!
[Image: 647c935d838faf87a070a383637e18e7.jpg]

Winners are Grinners
[Image: cb16106605c91851214bb149a6491e7d.jpg]

(full disclosure - this isn't my softball ground, there were too many people hanging around after the games this afternoon for me to take photos.  These were taken at a local baseball field which had no games today so I could take as long as I liked to set things up)
(also, yes, it was Grand Final day for me this weekend, and yes, we did win the Grand Final!  and while I didn't get on base & score a run, I did make the final out of the game  yay yay )
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
It was a good game, you made a few outs at first in those final 2 innings. This is a cute way to celebrate the win.
Congrats to you and Jo-Meg!

Those pictures are adorable, especially the one where she's fielding the ball.
Ah, these are so cute! I like the one of them sitting on the bench, and Jo-Meg’s poses on the field are really good. I’m quite delighted to see the stick-behind-the-leg trick in use! smile Doesn’t it make for great posing!
Congrats on winning your game!
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Congratulations on a winning season and a grand championship! Bravo, well done!

And scoring the final out - you should be able to negotiate a more lucrative contract next season!

The photos are quite cute, very nicely posed and photographed! The "at bat" and "fielding" action pics are especially fun!

Re-enacting your winning out with dolls – it's like having an action figure of yourself!
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Congratulations to you on winning the Grand Final! And congrats go also to Jo-Meg for winning, and Skylar for offering support with her cheering smile
The pictures turned out lovely, I especially like the action posing with the ball. I was about to ask how much time you spent (and how many faceplants did Jo-Meg take) before you could set up such great action poses for such a big-headed girl without support - and then I realised the stick trick ^^
My Flickr Gallery blush

"I wear my sunglasses at night
So I can, so I can
See the light that's right before my eyes"
Thanks all! It was a great day for everyone.

I’d forgotten my knitting needle that I use to stand the dolls up, but fortunately there were a few sticks of a suitable size that I could use. I don’t do any editing of my photos (that’s probably pretty obvious LOL ) but I do try to take them on angles to hide the needle/stick.
Of course, the sun-shadow gives it away...

Loona, even with the stick for support she did have a few face-plants when there was a gust of breeze. I probably spent about 45-60 mins doing the various poses. There are quite a few shots that I didn’t include for various reasons, I wanted some different fielding shots but they didn’t work how I envisioned.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
That's so cute! I love all the action shots, too! My favorites are definitely the ones out on the field! They are very fitting, especially since yesterday was opening day for baseball.

Also a what a lovely idea to use a knitting needle to help stand the dolls up; I'm always looking for ways to make my life a little easier, so I don't have to do as much Photoshopping. LOL