~dargosmydaddy's a-doll-a-week 2022~
Quote:I find Pullips extremely challenging to work with when traveling or going out and about. The shots take longer to set up, the hair requires constant maintenance, and they do not easily stand up unaided.

Very much this! Meg's hair is a mess, despite my quick efforts to fix it in between worrying about nosy neighbors... But my own hair is pretty much a constant mess, including in photos, so maybe it lends a certain amount of candid realism smile And all my pictures end up being at weird angles and from the knees up because I'm holding the doll by the ankles!

Quote:Dargos, I wish you were my neighbour instead of the ones I have

I would go for that! We could go on picture-taking expeditions together smile You might have to send me back in winter, though...

Week eighteen

One of my low-key goals for this year was to invest in a few more doll props rather than spending my whole budget on dolls/wigs/clothes. Overall I have not been doing a great job with that... and when I finally did buy something, it was kind of an impulse buy. But anyhow...

[Image: 102953632_a10fcf053a8ea3f3b36e3a1c6d77dbc4_large.jpg]

It's a secondhand American Girl violin (as well as the music stand and case, which didn't make the photo). It's a bit big for Taeyang, but I think it goes well with the oversized head so it doesn't look toooo strange. I still need to get some Blu Tack to make posing easier, but I don't think I did too bad with a bit of tape and some careful balancing.

I'm very tempted to get some other instruments in the future. (I do have a guitar somewhere, though violin/ guitar might make for a weird band.) I also want to see if I can get a Dal to play it like a cello.

Messages In This Thread
RE: ~dargosmydaddy's a-doll-a-week 2022~ - by dargosmydaddy - 05-02-2022, 04:10 AM