Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: Lejays17 Doll-A-Week 2020
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
YESSSS!!!

I'd like to get something like that for my Poppy. I have a spacecrapton of unfinished projects I need to finish first, but I actually bought a book on knitting and crocheting and saved some youtube tutorial channels. But I want to focus on sewing this year, so I might save this particular challenge for later.
Well, that was a brilliantly clever solution to the armored shawl conundrum! Heart 2
Clever and cute! I'm impressed by sewing & crocheting on such a small scale.
If you want to crochet some pets for your gang, you might like these:
https://totallythebomb.com/crochet-miniature-dragons
Oh that is a really nice shawl!
Thanks all - it was a couple of hours work on a Saturday night while watching TV - the yarn I used has a bit of a shine to it, so it looks like metal in some lights.

Tiny knitting is fun, but fiddly, depedning on what I'm making. I can't crochet - my brain doesn't cooperate whenever I've tried - but I really wanted to learn so I can make the cute toys!
The tiny knitting makes a change from the larger things I usually make, and gives that sense of "I finished something!" quickly.
And I totally forgot to post a photo last week - we did a bunch for the Scavenger Hunt last weekend, and I didn't post one of the out-takes as my weekly.

So there's 2 shots this week!  LOL

Becky with the two sizes of knitting needles - in one of my boxes of stash.
[Image: e4f211045e668b55ecfc715e1641de23.jpg]

And this week - Bethan shows off her shoes to some interested people.  Jo-Meg & Lottie are coveting them, Shala doesn't understand the fuss as she rarely wears shoes at all.
[Image: 0ad1fce5317f84fe6fae9669dfcce0ea.jpg]
They are pretty nice boots. Bethan needs to be careful, though, because what Lottie wants, Lottie usually gets.
The footwear discussion is adorable!
That is an adorable pic of them all
Cute old-fashioned boots! Does Bethan have a button-hook with which to do them up?
Cute. I'm not much of a shoe person either wink
The doll-size knitting needle is cute too -- can you actually knit with them?
The boot shot was a bit of a fluke as Bethan had tipped over, and when I picked her up again & put her on the stool, her foot was sticking out like she was showing off her boot.  Sometimes the "non-planned" shots are the best.

Alliecat - I haven't knitted with that particular tiny needle as it's more a display piece & is quite rough so would snag the wool if I did.
But the smallest needle i have knitted with is 4" long (10cms) and 2mm around.  That made a jumper for one of the dolls.  The 10cm needles are too short for me to knit with comfortably so I generally knit with 15-20cm length.  Between 2mm & 2.5mm around are usually for socks, but jumpers / tops are usually with 4mm - 5mm around.

And I forgot to post last week too!  My brain is turning to mush at the moment I think  LOL

Luna Lovegood admires a pair of socks I finished last week.  For those interested - the cuff, heel & toe are one colour, and then the main sock are two different colours - a plain blue & pastel rainbow.  The checker effect is done by slipping & knitting stitches as I knit around the sock.
[Image: 69d5cea9c2c20374edc6cf57fe42d0f3.jpg]

And this week's photo - Elfy & went out to lunch today for the first time since mid-March.
So Superhero Rochelle & Superhero Draculaura came along & made sure we used the hand-sanitizer.
[Image: 789f6462a401e1ddd8ec9ae5fc615a97.jpg]
Those are fantastic socks, and they look comfy, too!

Oh yeah, hand sanitizers were impossible to get here for quite a while, luckilly, I bought a new bottle just before the whole kerfuffle started. Minis are so cute!
Ooh fantastic looking socks!

Hand sanitizers seem to be slowly re-appearing in stores.
What lovely socks! The checker pattern is really cool.
I don't know if you can get hand sanitizers here or not. I know the grocery store's had zero Lysol spray for, like, 2 months. I mean, if people aren't hoarding it anymore, where is the new inventory from the supplier?? Irritated
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27