davidd's A DOLL A DAY 2026
That's a bummer about the aperture fakery. Kinda like "digital zoom" rather than an actual zoom lens? DoF control was one reason I finally got a digital SLR; my lil Optio was sufficing for the newspaper work but I wanted to do more with the doll photography.
I suppose it's electronically approximating multiple ex-posures too? Because how could it actually take multiples while someone was hand-holding it?
Didn't you get an SLR...?
A pocket point-&-shoot is often very handy though; I still use the Optio fairly often.
[Image: 54620561234_151275ed35_o.jpg][Image: 54620561149_cc89e95dd6_o.jpg][Image: 54620579368_b53d178e6f_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 54620670310_c84727737a_o.jpg]
Reply
(10-06-2026, 03:57 PM)Alliecat Wrote: Didn't you get an SLR...? 
A pocket point-&-shoot is often very handy though; I still use the Optio fairly often.

Yes, I have a Canon EOS 80D that I've had for a dozen years and barely used. I keep saying I'm going to start using it more. Real lenses with real apertures, but big. As you note, a pocket point-n-shoot is handy. I used to carry one all the time, a habit I've fallen away from. I wanted to re-establish that habit.



6 October - A Doll A Day 2026:

[Image: 55573936308_0836fbcf39_z.jpg]
Dangerous Devices

Heat knife -- kind of like a straight razor heated up to 900-degrees (that's "F" degrees; or 500 C-degrees).
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Reply
Whacked   Are you they taking up woodburning now?
[Image: 54620561234_151275ed35_o.jpg][Image: 54620561149_cc89e95dd6_o.jpg][Image: 54620579368_b53d178e6f_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 54620670310_c84727737a_o.jpg]
Reply
(10-07-2026, 02:40 PM)Alliecat Wrote: Whacked   Are you they taking up woodburning now?

Not intentionally.



7 October - A Doll A Day 2026:

[Image: 55577179808_7ea9482279_z.jpg]
Just One of Those Things

Some weird 1/12-scale thing I purchased last March. I thought I needed it after seeing a photo on an online hobby forum. I had to search world-wide to find one. Finally acquired it through HobbylinkJapan.

I used to purchase a lot of Pinky:st figures at Hobby Link Japan. I had not placed an order for probably twelve or fifteen years, but my account was still on file.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Reply
(10-09-2026, 03:09 AM)davidd Wrote: I had to search world-wide to find one.

…aaannd, it’s still in the box?
That checks out xp. LOL
[Image: 54620561234_151275ed35_o.jpg][Image: 54620561149_cc89e95dd6_o.jpg][Image: 54620579368_b53d178e6f_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 54620670310_c84727737a_o.jpg]
Reply
8 October - A Doll A Day 2026:

.

[Image: 55579793608_a4a427e564_z.jpg]
TBLeague 1:12 PLLB2020-T02A
TBLeague 1:12 PLLB2020-T02B



9 October - A Doll A Day 2026:

.

[Image: 55579850099_29f79184da_z.jpg]
TBLeague 1:12 PLLB2020-T02A
TBLeague 1:12 PLLB2020-T02B
TBLeague PL2019-159 Purgatori
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Reply
This will be interesting... looking forward to seeing the whole bunch.
[Image: 54620561234_151275ed35_o.jpg][Image: 54620561149_cc89e95dd6_o.jpg][Image: 54620579368_b53d178e6f_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 54620670310_c84727737a_o.jpg]
Reply
10 October - A Doll A Day 2026:

.

[Image: 55580766783_06f99357d0_z.jpg]
TBLeague 1:12 PLLB2020-T02A
TBLeague 1:12 PLLB2020-T02B
TBLeague PL2021-180 Imperial Guardians
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Reply
The guardians are interesting… Although they seem to be much better armoured on top than on the bottom LOL
[Image: 54620561234_151275ed35_o.jpg][Image: 54620561149_cc89e95dd6_o.jpg][Image: 54620579368_b53d178e6f_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 54620670310_c84727737a_o.jpg]
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)