Posts: 9,106
Threads: 166
Joined: Mar 2014
That's a bummer about the aperture fakery. Kinda like "digital zoom" rather than an actual zoom lens? DoF control was one reason I finally got a digital SLR; my lil Optio was sufficing for the newspaper work but I wanted to do more with the doll photography.
I suppose it's electronically approximating multiple ex-posures too? Because how could it actually take multiples while someone was hand-holding it?
Didn't you get an SLR...?
A pocket point-&-shoot is often very handy though; I still use the Optio fairly often.
Posts: 8,642
Threads: 68
Joined: Apr 2010
(10-06-2026, 03:57 PM)Alliecat Wrote: Didn't you get an SLR...?
A pocket point-&-shoot is often very handy though; I still use the Optio fairly often.
Yes, I have a Canon EOS 80D that I've had for a dozen years and barely used. I keep saying I'm going to start using it more. Real lenses with real apertures, but big. As you note, a pocket point-n-shoot is handy. I used to carry one all the time, a habit I've fallen away from. I wanted to re-establish that habit.
6 October - A Doll A Day 2026:
Dangerous Devices
Heat knife -- kind of like a straight razor heated up to 900-degrees (that's "F" degrees; or 500 C-degrees).
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Posts: 9,106
Threads: 166
Joined: Mar 2014

Are
you they taking up woodburning now?
Posts: 8,642
Threads: 68
Joined: Apr 2010
(10-07-2026, 02:40 PM)Alliecat Wrote:
Are you they taking up woodburning now?
Not intentionally.
7 October - A Doll A Day 2026:
Just One of Those Things
Some weird 1/12-scale thing I purchased last March. I thought I needed it after seeing a photo on an online hobby forum. I had to search world-wide to find one. Finally acquired it through HobbylinkJapan.
I used to purchase a lot of Pinky:st figures at Hobby Link Japan. I had not placed an order for probably twelve or fifteen years, but my account was still on file.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Posts: 9,106
Threads: 166
Joined: Mar 2014
(10-09-2026, 03:09 AM)davidd Wrote: I had to search world-wide to find one.
…aaannd, it’s still in the box?
That checks out

.
Posts: 8,642
Threads: 68
Joined: Apr 2010
8 October - A Doll A Day 2026:
.
TBLeague 1:12 PLLB2020-T02A
TBLeague 1:12 PLLB2020-T02B
9 October - A Doll A Day 2026:
.
TBLeague 1:12 PLLB2020-T02A
TBLeague 1:12 PLLB2020-T02B
TBLeague PL2019-159 Purgatori
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Posts: 9,106
Threads: 166
Joined: Mar 2014
This will be interesting... looking forward to seeing the whole bunch.
Posts: 8,642
Threads: 68
Joined: Apr 2010
Yesterday, 02:04 AM
(This post was last modified: Yesterday, 02:07 AM by davidd.)
10 October - A Doll A Day 2026:
.
TBLeague 1:12 PLLB2020-T02A
TBLeague 1:12 PLLB2020-T02B
TBLeague PL2021-180 Imperial Guardians
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Posts: 9,106
Threads: 166
Joined: Mar 2014
The guardians are interesting… Although they seem to be much better armoured on top than on the bottom