davidd’s A DOLL A DAY 2021
(04-30-2021, 02:34 AM)Alliecat Wrote: The story cover looks pretty cool… Although if someone’s drinking and driving there may be some more dog tags to find in the back garden.
The girls do look like they’re dressed for more construction. Don’t they ever get time off to dress up and go out for fun? LOL

I'm seriously considering staging a gory car crash with which to end my participation in this story. I'm just not feelin' the energy, y'know? It's not fun like, for instance, Bratz doll stories!

The girls have some not-work outfits that they've never yet had a chance to try on. Going out for fun is a relic of the Before Times and will likely never return.

29 April - A Doll A Day 2021:

[Image: 51146989287_522fcba3c0.jpg]
29 April - Recent Arrivals

If I ever get around to opening the recently arrived parcels, it's going to feel like Christmas... or Boxing Day... or Unboxing Day.

At this point, I may as well wait for a couple more that are still in transit.

29 April - A Doll A Day 2021
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
I feel like Boxing Day should be renamed in honour of the Ameliae.
Wow. The only time I ever leave something in a box is if I’m busy “right now“ and want to have time to enjoy opening it, later today. Suspense is fun for a while, but not that long!
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
The magazine cover is very neat, a lot of creativity in the story ideas.

More boxes! That’s quite a pile you’ve accumulated there, with more on the way?
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
(04-30-2021, 04:15 PM)Elfy Wrote: I feel like Boxing Day should be renamed in honour of the Ameliae.

Then Boxing Day could last all year long... because that's how long it would take to open the boxes (or are they presents?) Amelia-style!

(05-01-2021, 01:58 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Wow. The only time I ever leave something in a box is if I’m busy “right now“ and want to have time to enjoy opening it, later today. Suspense is fun for a while, but not that long!

That's precisely why my items remain in their shipping boxes, because I want to have time to enjoy opening them, only, that window of time never seems to open up. After a while, the suspense wears off, and all those exciting boxes just become part of the clutter, which takes a lot of the fun out of it. I suppose there's a fairly obvious lesson staring me in the face here.

(05-01-2021, 08:07 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: More boxes!  That’s quite a pile you’ve accumulated there, with more on the way?

A couple more are on the way. Then no more buying for a while. Or, that's the plan. The postal and other parcel services have been really messed up here lately. One small parcel has not arrived after three weeks. It has been sitting in a postal processing facility on the east coast. The seller shipped the item promptly, but it has been hung up in postal limbo ever since. Another item was shipped by FedEx, a parcel service here in the states, and lingered for nearly two weeks at a sorting facility here in the state, about a four hour drive from where I live. Shipping costs are skyrocketing while quality of service is in a steep decline. It's reaching the point where the situation is more disturbing than frustrating.

30 April – A Doll A Day 2021:

[Image: 51150480219_7030d52b0e.jpg]
30 April – Good-Bye, Emily!

sad 

I sold the last of my "Emily Army," which at one point numbered four Ashton-Drake Emily the Strange dolls, on eBay tonight.

Well.. I think I sold her. The buyer hasn't paid yet. It's eBay, so ya know how that goes.

This was my first and favorite Emily. She was slightly different than the others; cuter, actually.

But the secondary market retail has appreciated to a point where it was worthwhile to let the Emilys go.

A contributing factor; or, actually, the primary motivating factor: during the last election cycle and throughout the COVID cycle, the official Emily the Strange Instagram account and the personal Instagram account of the Emily creators became quite political. And, I felt, they were using their character... which is their right, because it is their character... to espouse beliefs and positions that I thought were out of context for the way the character has been portrayed since her inception; which were often out of alignment with my personal ideas; which were often coercive and oppressive; and which were divisive, discriminatory, and alienating.

It made me sad to see one of my favorite characters being used in this way. I tolerated the trend for a while, but as it became more pronounced, I decided it was time for Emily and I to go our separate ways. I do not wish to support the views and opinions now being ex-pressed through the character, and I am saddened to see this formerly rebellious and apolitical character being used as a political tool to blatantly push an oppressive agenda.

Fortunately, I was able to turn a few bucks profit in the process.

Good-bye, Emily! I will miss you!

Or, the TL;DNR version: DON'T POLITICIZE MY #$%^ DOLL HOBBY!

30 April - A Doll A Day 2021
So no more Emily appearances on DaD?
(05-01-2021, 04:26 PM)Elfy Wrote: So no more Emily appearances on DaD?

Not for a while; that is, not until I miss her enough to replace her.  Sweatdrop

Although... the proceeds of the sale were "pre-spent" on what should be an extremely cool item that I'm hoping will arrive soon!
Are the Ameliae getting an aeroplane?
I think the Ameliae need an entire fleet of aircraft by now!
Too bad Emily wasn’t fun for you anymore. Hope she finds a good home.
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
(05-02-2021, 10:29 AM)Elfy Wrote: Are the Ameliae getting an aeroplane?

The extremely cool item on the way is not quite that extremely cool!

(05-02-2021, 11:15 AM)Alliecat Wrote: I think the Ameliae need an entire fleet of aircraft by now!
Too bad Emily wasn’t fun for you anymore. Hope she finds a good home.

Or one really big airplane! The Ameliæ really want a B-17 bomber!

I'm probably going to miss Emily. Selling her was a rash decision. The dolls came out a decade or more ago, long before the creators began to use the character to promote their social agenda, so there's really no connection there, I suppose.

Ah well... new stuff on the way! That will be fun, too!

[Image: 51152566439_1d964d9730.jpg]
1 May - New Sindy and Friend Ball

"New Sindy" doll, Weekender version by Kid Kreations, and, apparently, a new friend, whose name is Ball.

Ball was probably attracted by the "interesting" odor emanating from the vintage Palitoy Action Man wool coat.
With the military dress I rather think of Ball as a specially trained and bred giant attack cat that Sindy uses when on missions.
I'm sorry the Emily creators has made you unhappy enough to sell her, and I hope that you don't regret it for too long, and move onto other exciting things.

especially if the exciting things is a plane for the Amelaei! LOL

A very handsome attack cat you have displaying the Sindy doll.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Kittyyyyyyy! yay
He does look a bit 'round' in this photo... maybe it's the angle LOL
I'm sure vintage toys are full of interesting smells for a cat.
Sindy's cute. Ball's eyes appear to match Sindy's coat, at least in this picture.
(05-02-2021, 02:49 PM)Elfy Wrote: With the military dress I rather think of Ball as a specially trained and bred giant attack cat that Sindy uses when on missions.

As that would be defined as classified information, I can neither confirm nor deny your conjecture.

(05-02-2021, 05:52 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: I'm sorry the Emily creators has made you unhappy enough to sell her, and I hope that you don't regret it for too long, and move onto other exciting things.

especially if the exciting things is a plane for the Amelaei! LOL

A very handsome attack cat you have displaying the Sindy doll.

The "attack cat" is very good at hiding... for hours... if someone with whom he is not familiar comes around. Not so adept at attacking.

An airplane... yeah... that may be a while.

(05-03-2021, 05:32 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Kittyyyyyyy!  yay
He does look a bit 'round' in this photo... maybe it's the angle LOL

He's round and heavy!

(05-03-2021, 06:09 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: Sindy's cute. Ball's eyes appear to match Sindy's coat, at least in this picture.

Interesting observation. I had not noticed the similarity in colors, but you are correct.

2 May - A Doll A Day 2021:

[Image: 51155065755_42fb962d1b_z.jpg]
2 May - Monster High Rochelle Goyle

I finally found Rochelle's original skirt. It's been missing since... this is embarrassing... September 2016.

For a couple of years Rochelle was wearing hiking shorts, so she did not need her skirt. Then, sometime in 2018, somebody borrowed the hiking shorts, leaving Rochelle somewhat under-dressed.

I've run across the skirt several times over the months... and years, so I knew I had it, somewhere. Then I would run across semi-clad Rochelle, but have no idea where the skirt had disappeared to. Finally, today, skirt and gar-girl are reunited!

Rochelle's handbag and I think her pet gargoyle are still around here somewhere. Maybe sometime in the next half-decade I'll run across them.

2 May - A Doll A Day 2021