davidd's A Doll A Day 2018
Oooh, it's The Staircase of Awesomeness! I love it!
(08-06-2018, 08:02 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Oooh, it's The Staircase of Awesomeness! I love it!

LOL The Staircase of Awesomeness is looking a little bit like The Staircase of Crummy Cardboard. I think it's in need of some refurbishment. Or else I need more shadows in my photos!
yay
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
[Image: august6.jpg]
6 August – Maudlynne's Project

Maudlynne has decided that if she doesn't finish this long-delayed project herself, it isn't going to get done.
Good luck, Maudlynne!
She looks a little skeptical...
[Image: august7.jpg]
7 August – Monster High Robecca Steam

Yeah, this is a pretty crummy photo. Robecca came outside to help me repair a garden fence. The wind was blowing, I was in a hurry, I had stuff to do, I'm not feeling great, blah blah blah, excuses excuses excuses. As one of the more interesting Monster High character designs, Robecca definitely warrants a much better photo op. She will get one... eventually. For now, I apologize for what amounts to such a throwaway snapshot that even I am embarrassed to post it.
Oooh, pretty blue hair. I think we all agreed at the beginning of the year that snapshots were allowed!
It's not a crappy photo; she looks like she's been working on that fence and has got a little disheveled & windblown.
Maudlynn's project looks interesting...
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
(08-08-2018, 01:37 PM)Alliecat Wrote: She looks like she's been working on that fence and has got a little disheveled & windblown.
Maudlynn's project looks interesting...

I like that interpretation, so let's go with that! Actually, that silly hat blew off so many times that I finally gave up.

Maudlynne has a new outfit coming in the mail! I don't know whether to be excited or embarrassed. I've never purchased doll clothes online before. I'm sinking to new lows.
I think it's fine! You can't make 365 AAA artworks in a single year, now, can you? Plus, for a snapshot, it's really good. She's posed very naturally, you made the most of the lighting you had at hand / sky, and I personally love that you gave her a hat, eventhough she, as a robot, can't technically get sunstroke or sunburn.
Maudlynne looks a bit concerned with whatever it is she's supposed to be doing (I'm intrigued by what your making - you're very creative with reusing cardboard & other "junk" to make sets)

Robeccas looks like she's put in a hard days labour there leaning up against the fence posts
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
(08-08-2018, 09:39 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: You can't make 365 AAA artworks in a single year, now, can you?

I can't, but you manage to do so, even when you are feeling under the weather! yay

(08-09-2018, 07:39 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: You're very creative with reusing cardboard & other "junk" to make sets.

I do what I can within my budget. LOL

[Image: august8.jpg]
8 August – Monster High "13 Wishes" Draculaura
(08-09-2018, 10:27 AM)davidd Wrote:
(08-08-2018, 09:39 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: You can't make 365 AAA artworks in a single year, now, can you?

I can't, but you manage to do so, even when you are feeling under the weather! yay

Oh, you jester. Of course I can't (but thank you, you're sweet)! Nobody can, but that's not the point of this challenge anyway! That's what I meant XD

13W Lala's bright make-up is perfect for pop-art style photo!
[Image: august9.jpg]
9 August – Monster High "Skull Shores" Frankie Stein
Aaah, nothing like strolling around the dungeon in your bikini LOL

I love the lighting!
Very nice, atmospheric photo!