Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018
If your ghouls are anything like my ghouls, you didn't have to make up any of that dialog yourself, did you? It just kind of happens as they all take charge and do things their own way.

I'm delighted to see somebody who added several new (old) Monster High figures to the collection this year!

The EAH girls are fun, too. Melody has a very cute face.

A round-up of new acquisitions is a good idea for an End o' th' Year photo or photos. I'm... glad I didn't think of that, because it looks like a lot of work. Plus, I can't remember who all I added.
(Do you keep tabs of your acquisitions on a spread sheet, like you do with your Doll A Day photos?)
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Lejays - thank you! yay

Elfy - dunno about glory... But thank you!

Alliecat - thank you!

davidd - haha, no, I didn't have to make all that noise up, it somehow came along as I was trying to pose them. I do keep spreadsheets for my collection - those only have release year, though, not the date of acquisition. I only keep arrival logs since 2017.

Day 364

I am SO NOT DOING THIS EVER AGAIN!!!

I took almost half an hour to arrange them, and when all was done and I was just about to take the photo, Her Insane Majesty fell down and took everyone with her. Which is why half of them aren't looking into camera and their hair is messy... LOL

[Image: 949987ac75178678e39e3671d4c67f6a.jpg]

And an over-processed old school one:

[Image: aeceeb4a23912c9d117b351776c97c8e.jpg]
Her Insane Majesty was just reminding you who's the boss! LOL

I'm glad you posted the color version, because it's a surprisingly colorful crew despite their trending toward goth and steampunk.

That said, I love the "antique" version, and from a photo standpoint as opposed to a mere documentary, I much prefer it!

By "I am SO NOT DOING THIS EVER AGAIN!" I presume you mean trying to set up a full Pullip crew photo. Because, with only one day remaining in the 2018 Doll A Day Project, well, it's time to start working on a new spreadsheet!
LOL

(Cheshire Cat is still tempting me with that come-hither side glance!)
Wow, what a crew! Both versions look lovely.
Thank you both!!!!

davidd - LOL yes, I meant I'm not doing Pullip Army photo ever again. They don't fit into tent (well, technically, they do, but it's just a sea of hair with occasional hat here and there, and all the tent walls are showing), so I had to arrange them on my crafting table, which has mossy green lino on it, with ugly yellow wall in the background (my landlord's preferred color), and it looked very ugly, so I wanted to cover the table and the wall with some cloth. The only big enough pieces of fabric I had were my sarees, which don't really match my Pullip collection. I don't really like it, but it's still better than the lino and the god-awful dirty yellow wall. I did that 'antique' photo to hide the clashing colors.
I completely understand the efffirts to get the whole collection into the one photo, it’s so time-consuming. I think it took at least that long to do the Christmas photo, and that’s with both of us setting up.

I generally prefer the non-filtered versions of your photos, but this is one where the filtered one “works” better. (Plus is hides the clashing backgrounds LOL )

Looking forward to what you are gong to produce for the final day!
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
(12-30-2018, 11:37 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: I took almost half an hour to arrange them, and when all was done and I was just about to take the photo, Her Insane Majesty fell down and took everyone with her.
LOL Oh no! I often think, 90% of doll photography is posing... Cheers for getting them all together after all. They are looking closely-enough at the camera, just like a group of people who might not all be looking either. So you did get a good shot out of it. Agree with Lejays; in general I prefer any photos without a lot of processing, but the 'vintage' look works here.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
The B&W pic is a thing of beauty, neon. I said something similar in Instagram. That filter suits your crew so perfectly, especially with that steampunk thing so many of them have going on. I know they're a hassle to set up (I help Lejays with the big ones), but when the results turn out like that it is all worth it.
Oh your Pullip army shot is lovely! So many looking so temping...
I’ll break my final post into parts, to keep things nice and orderly.

First off:

[Image: e2396f107a9a04722b30f287f7c3f22f.jpg]

I first learned about A Doll A Day Challenge back in 2017 on MH Arena. I thought it was cool, but not for me - no way I could keep such a thing up for a whole year. But when I saw Lejays make it to the end, I got itchy and decided to give it a shot, and I’m glad I did. So, thank you very much, Lejays, for inspiring me to do this and also for many neat ideas I used throughout the year, like keeping a spreadsheet and doing milestone photos!

Next big thank-you goes to davidd! It was so much easier to stick to this challenge when I wasn’t the only one doing it and when I could look forward to your magnificent photos and get motivated to try to do better by them! Also, thank you for commenting on every single one of my posts here and on instagram! Doing this challenge with you was so much fun! Thank you!

And finally, I want to thank everyone who commented on my photos, knowing that I’m not just throwing pics into void made this a lot more doable!
And now onto the main post!

I’ll start with old milestone pics, so that you can see the whole story.

[Image: 9256345c081a816d12326591b005a7ff.jpg]
[Image: 283b4a067e5278c38fe99814aece5ac2.jpg]
[Image: 2bdb3211146401acd8525099a9fb0aca.jpg]

Day 365

[Image: bc12a03fb956053855b88e4ebcd88a51.jpg]
“Got it! We can finaly take the celebratory photo! ...Guys? Are you OK?”
“Do we look like we’re OK?!”

[Image: ae22fac8a484667b2d4bd9ee5c211cd2.jpg]
“Enough tomfoolery! Move over, Her Insane Majesty has announcement of the utmost importance!”

[Image: 57ac06f46702599d06a5fd4a79a55336.jpg]
“I, Queen Isadora Malvolia The Very First, hereby declare A Doll A Day Challenge 2018... OFFED!!!”

[Image: 7ee2be499ddc67df642ecbf79ed25bc1.jpg]
LE FIN

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy! I did it! I DID IT!!! Squeeeeeee!
"Do we look like we're okay?"

LOL LOL LOL

Woo hoo! Congratulations! And what a spectacular Grand Finale!
Big congratulations! What a huge commitment, and you pulled it off admirably. I greatly enjoyed all your photos (but especially the steampunk Pullips smile)
The finale is suitably spectacular!
A worthy end to the year, truly. And incorporating the circus Pullips into the MH story was funny, especially Her Insane Majesty offing the year LOL

It has been fun seeing what you did each day, and I’m pleased that some of the things I did last year were helpful, I really appreciated the support you gave so was happy to return the favour this year.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Great finale. And congrats to you for sticking with it and finishing. It's been interesting to see the many members of your collection, and Queen Isadora's closing announcement is suitably grand.
Happy dolly-photo-ing in the new year!
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]