Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019!
Awesome collection!
Yes, she's quietly celebrating her heritage, there.
I must be one of the few who've never seen the show!
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
(01-30-2019, 10:21 AM)Alliecat Wrote: .

This 50-second clip of the opening credits sequence will bring you up to speed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFD7KGBUtKI
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
There are the movies and the cartoon series as well.
Teddy bears were my first collecting love, I really should take some photos of them this year
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
(01-30-2019, 05:09 AM)davidd Wrote: Cousin Wednesday looks shyly proud of her impressive collection of fine art and literature.

Well, she's not really one to brag...

(01-30-2019, 06:29 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Awesome collection!

Thank you!

(01-30-2019, 10:21 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Yes, she's quietly celebrating her heritage, there.

It really is worth searching out the show and movies to watch if you can (except maybe Addams Family Reunion, that one is not so good)

(01-30-2019, 06:27 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: Teddy bears were my first collecting love, I really should take some photos of them this year

Oh that would be really nice to see!

- - -

30. Defying Gravity
[Image: 48974781_307f6976d8487a1891d5ab594aacf2a4_standard.jpg]
Elphaba recreating part of her infamous number from the stage show

Yeah, it doesn't look perfect, but I was really happy with the camera angle in this one
I don't think I've ever seen Monster High Casta Fierce in person. Does she actually have pointed ears?
It's always nice to see a wicked witch!
Nice shot
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
(01-31-2019, 03:15 AM)davidd Wrote: I don't think I've ever seen Monster High Casta Fierce in person. Does she actually have pointed ears?

She does, yeah. Though I'd say the Create-A-Monster Witch ears were slightly more pointed. The sculpts aren't the same, but I'd need to find CAM Witch to show off the slight differences. Not even sure if I still have CAM Witch...

(01-31-2019, 04:02 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: It's always nice to see a wicked witch!

Especially when she's getting her day to fly

(01-31-2019, 06:07 AM)Lejays17 Wrote: Nice shot

Thank you!

- - -

31. The Big Three
[Image: 48974813_fbc4ee187d048d8986e92392f7453e3b_standard.jpg]
"Together, we fight for truth and justice."
"And the betterment of man's world."
"And... because I'm Batman."
"...Bruce, get a better catchphrase."
To the Batmobile!

(TV Batman was and is ten-zillion billion times better than any movie Batman will ever be!
And his Batmobile was better, too!)
Somehow they reminded me of Mel Brooks' Robin Hood: Men In Tights, especially the 'Men In Tights' song...
(02-01-2019, 04:27 AM)davidd Wrote: To the Batmobile!

(TV Batman was and is ten-zillion billion times better than any movie Batman will ever be!
And his Batmobile was better, too!)

I fully agree. Though I will add my personal favourite will always be Kevin Conroy's Batman in the animated series. Especially with the comic issue where he is holding a baby and still able to scare a gang of would be muggers into stopping. And yet is also still approachable enough that said muggers feel they can point out he is not supporting baby's neck enough. SHOW ME A MOVIE BATMAN WHO COULD (Adam West Batman could, I fully accept this.)

(02-01-2019, 05:24 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Somehow they reminded me of Mel Brooks' Robin Hood: Men In Tights, especially the 'Men In Tights' song...

I have not seen this movie in years and now I am singing that song to myself. This is not a bad thing. smile

- - -

32. It's A Dinosaur Hoodie
[Image: 48974821_0e81f10bf8d33796a1a6b74974e0c012_standard.jpg]
Licca was quick to snatch up the hoodie when it became free. Like she said: it's a dinosaur one. There was no way she would not take the chance to wear it.
Turquoise hair. Purple skirt. Black knee boots. Green dinosaur hoodie. Pink... furry things. Bright yellow star. Licca's color scheme appears to be... color! And LOTS of it!
Too cute!