Yarn Wigs :)
I wanted to show off what I've been doing with my time lately, and Lee and Laura were happy to help.

[Image: 6757172715_0db7d3dda9.jpg]
Lee let Laura take the pink wig, since the blue one looked...well bad, on Laura.

[Image: 6757172839_67d7611abe.jpg]

[Image: 6757172993_fbcaab0ded.jpg]
This girl is so easy to photograph. She knows just what to do.

[Image: 6757173143_ea696d7ce7.jpg]
Lee thought she could tough out the weather, but her hands were getting cold.

[Image: 6757190901_0cb08fc21c.jpg]
That didn't stop her from looking fantastic though.

On a technical note, the blue wig is much improved over my first pink one. I worked out the part on the top. It looks less like a braid and more like an actual part. The wigs are much easier to make than I would have thought.
I saw the pink one in person and it looked great!
My feedback:
http://forums.dollymarket.net/showthread.php?tid=539796

Join us at the Pullip and Dal Doll Lovers Event in June 2024. The theme is Retro Memories Sweet Sixteen.
http://www.puddlestyle.com/
(01-25-2012, 09:33 AM)TrueFan Wrote: I saw the pink one in person and it looked great!

Thanks yay
Oh wow! so cool! awesome job Byronic Heroine! smile

it's times like this i wish i was brave enough to rewig my dolls. any plans to do any guy's wigs?

(and i gotta say i was thinking that Lee's hands must be cold cause she looks EXACTLY like me on a winter's day ... hands pulled into my sleeves, and sleeve ends clamped tightly shut lol)
"A tree can't grow without the sun in it's eyes
And we can't live if we're too afraid to die."
~The Black Angels, "Young Men Dead"

>(p,,q)<
(my fishie got bit by a vamp lol)
I had never thought of doing a guys wig. I wonder how that would go. I'd be afraid that it would just look like a pompom. I was thinking I should try making a shorter girls one though.
*shifty eyes* and fur wigs don't look like pom-poms? lol*wiggles her hash's head* my Fenix here wants to argue that point cause he says he's sick of his hair going all fuzzball on him on those icky humid days when it just won't do ANYTHING you try to make it do ... lol

was really thinking it maight respond better to creating spiked/mohawks/extreme styles with a product than fur ... cause fur can be a pain in the bum at times, but yarn, as it's more resiliant might help with that ... and some guys have longer hair ... *nudge nudge wink wink* lol

and if you hold your hand up to a pic of Laura, and cover the half of her pony tail under the ribbon tying it back, it gives an ADORABLE pixieish bob! LOVE IT! lo

very nice work too, i LOVE the part detailing, looks like the intricate parts that some people can do with the zig-zag/weave part in their hair.

>(p,,q)<
Wow! The blue one looks really cool too! Your girlies are lucky you're so creative! smile
Have
Tatianna (Uncanricky), Kittie (Naomi), Omega/Mini-Me (Grell), Alys (Yeolume), Priscilla (Eris), Grell (Male Grell), Nanachan (Nanachan), Sebastianne (Stica), Natalie (Natalie), Sylvie Valentine (Premium Pullip Veritas Crimson Version), Strawberry Rose (Siry), Karen (Karen), Marie (Marie), Angela (Cheshire Cat Steampunk), Alice (Optical Alice), Noir (Regen Noir), Jeanne (Jeanne)
Want
Pullip Alura, Pullip Elizabeth Always on the hunt for Re-Ment
I LOOOOVE these. I have my heart set on one if you ever are able to sell them. <3
Feedback!!My Flickr
If I forgot to leave you feedback, please let me know!

Eos : Delilah (Lunatic Queen) : Akoya : Onassis (Fiori) : Ayame (Sooni) : Berry (Hujoo Berry) : Monomono : Tragedy : Barley : Amelia : Eclipse
@FishiesGoPook- I have to admit, I really do want to make a short bob, but I'm scared to. The way I make these means I'd actually have to give her a hair cut when the wig was don to get the lengths right. I've never cut hair and not had the "oh this side is a little to long. Now the other side is to long....now she has no hair" problem. I'm sure I'll get around to trying it eventually.

@kitten-squid- You're always so sweet.

@sceimhiuil- I do have a pink one that I'm donating to Puddle.
Wow, your wigs look great! They look really well-made--and I honestly can't tell from the photos that one looks better than the other. smile Your girls look very happy in those cool wigs.
Currently playing:  Animal Crossing: New Horizons on the Nintendo Switch
Friend Code 2036-6707-2961 (KiraKira)
Currently reading: If I Had Your Face by Frances Cha
Last movie I saw:  Parasite
yeah, i've always had that same issue with cuts/trims :\ practice makes perfect? *ducks the scissors* lol

i have faith you could do it! :)

>(p,,q)<
When I do try it, I'll post the pics, good or bad wink
they'll be good no matter what! if at first you don't succeed, try, try again! wink

>(p,,q)<
How creative!
How long did it take you to make one?
The first one took about 13 hours. The second one took a little less time, but I was also working on it in more sporadic chunks. The major time sink is the yarn. The kind the I use for this is ten ply with each strand being two ply. It works great, but takes a while to unwind. I could switch to a fingering or lace weight yarn, but I would need to buy ten times as much yarn to make up for the fact that what I'm using is ten ply to start with. I would love to be able to sell these, but I'm not sure how to go about it yet.