The King has arrived!
I was so excited to come home to this today!
[Image: sg4bpf.jpg]
(The small package is a Hello Kitty water bottle I order off of ebay months ago... darn free shipping.)

Didn't get to see how well the dolls from Pullip Style are packed for shipping with Alice. (She was sent to my fiance. He had to open the box to make sure she wasn't damaged before gifting her to me.) Mike packs them very safely in their boxes.
[Image: 21oqxi8.jpg]

Tadaah!
[Image: 33olfv6.jpg]

The butterflies build up at this point... time to disassemble!
[Image: 23kxo9w.jpg]

Here King is, in all his glory. Just kinda plopped his stuff on... "improperly" layered xD
[Image: f20wsn.jpg]
Unfortunately, a pompom on King's cap came unravelled. But if he wears it the opposite way it's modelled in the stock photos, you can't see it. (Kind of necessary anyway because the charm faces that way!)

King's shoes are ADORABLE! I squee'd more than a little over them. And they're PURPLE! *dies* XwX
[Image: 2aikg2a.jpg]
For some reason one shoe was laced lower than the other... I fixed it.
*OCD*

Another unfortunate thing, my poor Isul's wrists don't work so well. (May not be able to tell from photos.)
[Image: 14nn66q.jpg]
His right wrist (on left) does not bend very well. Also the base of his thumb bone prevents full flexibility of the wrist. It can rotate well though.
King's left (on right) does not bend or rotate at all. A bad case of stiff wrist. (Actually, it seems like the hand was jammed inside the arm too far.)
(The color difference is only the balancing on my phone. There is no color variance on the actual doll!)

This one is my fault...
[Image: 2hnoson.jpg]
I didn't realize the end of the stand was sharp. It pulled made some snags on the inside of King's coat. (At least it's inside...) The ends are now taped until my dad can pick up some magical goo to plastic coat them. (Alice's stand will get a coating too!)

The first meeting!
[Image: qp2u54.jpg]
King is such a gentle-doll!

And then he woos her with his blinin' chains!
[Image: 2ev9sm9.jpg]
...yes I am a dork... xD

Romantic Rabbit Dal is next, I believe!
[Image: 1248xmf.jpg]
[Image: wvolsk.png]
[Image: 30m8yzl.png][Image: l9w5k.png][Image: 2bthjl.png]
How cute ! He is such a gentleman ^^
Congrats on the new dolly ! I love the details of his stock grin
Thanks myu! I have fallen head over heels with the amount of lace the Romantic Alice series uses. Although, a friend did point out that lace is a popular medium in most Pullip Family dolls. All the more reason to become addicted!
Totally asking for another as my Christmas gift! Weee!
Congrats, Marie! You might try gently pulling/wriggling his hands out just a teensy tiny bit from his arm sockets. His wrists should then bend more easily, since they're not shoved all the way up into the arm!
romantic alice is gorgeous ! and i wouldn't be surprised that you'll want to collect the whole set. I'm eyeing the byul most 'cause of the amount of frills she have ^^
I do hope you complete the series !
Romantic Alice is so cute! She was my 'almost' first Pullip and I think I will never forget that.
I love her blue stock and brown eyes~ smile
And of course the King is cute - never realized that as this is the first time I've seen owner photos. I've always liked blonde Isuls - my favorites Lir and Johan prove so Tongue
[My Flickr]
ISO: Pullip Yuki stock wig / Pullip Panda glasses / Dal Tweety stock outfit / Byul Secomi stock outfit

I love Romantic King. I hope you get the Romantic Rabbit Dal too! She has a lovely faceup.
My feedback:
http://forums.dollymarket.net/showthread.php?tid=539796

Join us at the Pullip and Dal Doll Lovers Event in June 2024. The theme is Retro Memories Sweet Sixteen.
http://www.puddlestyle.com/
I love Isul, and that is a particularly gorgeous one. He is so sweet! Most of mine are sweet natured, but Bruno (Hednar) is quite ornery.
FEEDBACK

La la la, I don't know. The world forget... Feel like so!

Life's too short for ugly dolls!
Romantic King is adorable!

(08-24-2013, 04:04 PM)vadafade Wrote: Congrats, Marie! You might try gently pulling/wriggling his hands out just a teensy tiny bit from his arm sockets. His wrists should then bend more easily, since they're not shoved all the way up into the arm!
What she said. The hands can be removed from the arm, so you should be able to work them out a bit more.
Oh, congratulations Marie! He is just darling.<3
I think it's really cool you're set on completing the set, and I'm looking forward to seeing them all come home to you! ^-^ Also, his stock is really detailed with lots..and lots of lace... guess I never much paid attention to how much lace he's actually sporting. o.o

[Image: tumblr_m2313bJDaG1qfamg6.png][Image: tumblr_lkqzdsu2he1qi6qow.gif][Image: tumblr_lkl6qodkIv1qfamg6.png]
(✿◠‿◠)
[Image: tumblr_inline_mpedggLYdS1qz4rgp.gif]My Flickr
[Image: tumblr_inline_mpedggLYdS1qz4rgp.gif]My Instagram
[Image: tumblr_lqlg8cr6SL1ql1l0v.gif]

R.I.P
1957-2016 ♥
1949-2018 ♥♥

Thank you all so much. I am falling more and more in love with the Pullip family dolls each day.

@vada & cornflower: I'm glad to hear that the arms/hands are removable. I was very frightened King's wrists would always be like that. I will give them some wiggles and see how it goes.

@myu: I am definitely going to complete the series before getting "single" dolls or from other series. I think I will get Dal for Christmas from my family and maybe ask my fiance for Byul. Then try to save for Taeyang early next year.

@beajjai: His hair is just gorgeous! Kind of what I call the Japanese rock mullet. (Don't know if that's an appropriate name, but that's just what I think of.) Maybe I should take some photos of King's hair.

ETA: Hair pics!
[Image: 90vcbo.jpg]
[Image: avsynr.jpg]
[Image: wmnfxz.jpg]

@kuanyin: King's pout is just so adorable and sweet, I can't help but feel sorry for his miserable existence with the Queen.

@whimsu: His shawl/cape type garment is completely made of lace... It's so dainty!! x3

Question: Does Isul's elbows bend where it attaches to both the upper -and- lower arm? It seems like mine only bends at the lower side of the elbow.

ETA: I fully disrobed King to inspect his joints more closely... and I discovered staining. The purple waistband of his pants have left stains. I'm not that upset over it because at this point I plan on leaving King in his stock outfit.
LOL at the Japanese rock mullet! That's a PERFECT name for that hairstyle! LOL

(08-26-2013, 06:02 AM)Morning Marie Wrote: Question: Does Isul's elbows bend where it attaches to both the upper -and- lower arm? It seems like mine only bends at the lower side of the elbow.

Yes, you should be able to bend Isul's elbows both above and below the joint, just like an obitsu or Taeyang elbow.

(08-26-2013, 06:02 AM)Morning Marie Wrote: ETA: I fully disrobed King to inspect his joints more closely... and I discovered staining. The purple waistband of his pants have left stains. I'm not that upset over it because at this point I plan on leaving King in his stock outfit.

You can prevent any further staining by following Requiem's super easy guide to color-fasting clothes. You might also try using Requiem's stain-removal technique or a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser to get some of the staining off!
Thanks vada! I was playing with his elbows trying to get them to bend at both points but they don't seem to want to budge... Although his knees work smoothly!
Would you suggest using some kind of lubricant?

I think color-fasting is a good plan for next weekend. (Amazing how little staining there is considering it's 2011 doll.) And hopefully I can pick up a Mr. Clean Magic eraser soon!
(08-26-2013, 11:03 AM)Morning Marie Wrote: Thanks vada! I was playing with his elbows trying to get them to bend at both points but they don't seem to want to budge... Although his knees work smoothly!
Would you suggest using some kind of lubricant?

Hmm, I really don't know. I would be concerned that a lubricant might damage the plastic, since oil-based anything causes massive damage to Pullip heads. This probably isn't the answer you want to hear, but maybe your Isul just has stiff joints! slash I've never actually heard of a solution for stiff joints -- it's just one of the downsides to the stock body that we collectors have to accept. I know you want to keep your dolls stock, but if his joints bother you enough, you could always look into rebodying him.
Hmm, I see. I supposed it isn't too much of a problem unless I start to "play" with them more.
I'll look around, maybe there is a solution other than rebodying.
Thank you for all the info! grin