Bijou (Banshee) as a bride
(09-26-2015, 02:04 PM)Alliecat Wrote: Lovely!!! Banshee is gorgeous; she's the next doll I would like to have. I think her face is quite similar to Date's, which I guess is why I like her.
Even harder to pick a favourite... the first one, the fourth one, and yes, the lighting in the final portrait is perfect for the setting. Kind of almost but not quite candlelight. These are neat!

Thank you!

(09-26-2015, 02:04 PM)Alliecat Wrote: -- how are you getting to do these dolly shoots in the church?

It's mostly luck; I have access to a place and I know the right people.

As long as the photos aren't for profit and you're respectful (dolls in a wedding gown = yes, mermaid dolls or tinies swimming in the holy water basin = no Irritated, dolls fornicating on the dais in Halloween costumes = NO Rawr! ), there are a number of places that will turn a blind-eye if not give outright permission.

My suggestions:
  1. D̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ NEVER attempt during actual worship service(s)
  2. Choose a place that's on the historic registry since they tend to be a little more liberal with their photo-taking policies
  3. Be a financial supporter of said place OR offer a nice donation
  4. T̶a̶k̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶e̶t̶t̶e̶r̶-̶t̶o̶-̶b̶e̶g̶-̶f̶o̶r̶g̶i̶v̶e̶n̶e̶s̶s̶-̶t̶h̶a̶n̶-̶a̶s̶k̶-̶p̶e̶r̶m̶i̶s̶s̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶r̶o̶u̶t̶e̶ ̶A̶T̶ ̶Y̶O̶U̶R̶ ̶O̶W̶N̶ ̶R̶I̶S̶K̶ Actually, I don't recommend this. If you're lucky, no one is the wiser and you have fun photos. But if you're unlucky the cops being called could be the least of your problems.

In this case, I told The Authority who thinks I'm weird to begin with and doesn't mind "those stupid dolls" anyway.

Sometimes places that you'd never think would allow doll photography will, and places where you'd think they're used to people taking a million photos will harass doll owners specifically (I'm looking at you AMNH in NYC!!! frown).

The key is identifying the right person to approach and going from there.

I will say if you're turned down don't assume that they think you're weird and hate doll people. Some institutions have complex rules governing the use of areas on the grounds and there is also the issue of insurance coverage. If you break something in the course of photography or worse, you get hurt, they're liable and many places don't want to take that risk for complete strangers.
>>>I'm not gone, just really, REALLY busy.<<<
FT: Dolls (updated: 3/7) | FS: BJD Eyes | FS: Accessories | Feedback | Freebie Dress | Freebie Wig

Messages In This Thread
Bijou (Banshee) as a bride - by Marilyn - 09-26-2015, 11:23 AM
RE: Bijou (Banshee) as a bride - by Miss Edith - 09-26-2015, 11:44 AM
RE: Bijou (Banshee) as a bride - by beajjai033 - 09-26-2015, 12:17 PM
RE: Bijou (Banshee) as a bride - by Marilyn - 09-26-2015, 01:45 PM
RE: Bijou (Banshee) as a bride - by Alliecat - 09-26-2015, 02:04 PM
RE: Bijou (Banshee) as a bride - by Marilyn - 09-27-2015, 02:20 AM
RE: Bijou (Banshee) as a bride - by martah - 09-28-2015, 08:01 PM
RE: Bijou (Banshee) as a bride - by Marilyn - 09-29-2015, 05:34 AM
RE: Bijou (Banshee) as a bride - by Missy_Crane - 09-29-2015, 07:15 AM
RE: Bijou (Banshee) as a bride - by Severity - 09-29-2015, 09:19 AM
RE: Bijou (Banshee) as a bride - by Alliecat - 09-29-2015, 12:43 PM