Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018
Lejays - thank you!

GreysPrincess - thank you very much!

davidd - there were several awesome releases in that line, I'm really sad it died out... And I can imagine that budget releases were terrible, given the low quality of the 'deluxe' versions. But I have a soft spot for everything witchy and vampy and spooky and Halloween-y, so I love them anyways LOL

Day 241

My migraine finally went away this afternoon, so I managed to get out and take some pics... Not what I had in mind, but it was fun nevertheless.

[Image: 645795b491a348f7cc3d514dd798438d.jpg]

[Image: acf6d016e16a3e3f00511ca1cd02c233.jpg]

It's sunset from the same place I took the second lake photo. I wanted to show it to you from afar first, but I need morning light for that, otherwise it's too dark, and my head was still in the chainsaw mode this morning. So I'll tell you more about this place later. My Earth Day photos were also taken here, by the way.
And Felis finally has surname, so everybody, meet Felis Redburn yay

[Image: 787feb9cc1a7696d9144aeeabdca8d3b.jpg]
The first one looks amazing and spooky and suits Felis well.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Aw, sorry about the migraine sad Glad it let up and you were able to get out though. Looks like a lovely spot for sunset-watching.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Stunning photos from a beautiful location!

I realized the other day, while the sun was coming up, that I can't see it rising or setting from my house because there are too many tall trees in the way. sad
I'm very happy to hear that you are feeling better, and that you were able to get outside to capture these sunset images!
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Lejays - thank you!!!

Alliecat - thanks! It's super lovely spot, one of my favorite places.

Cornflower Blue - thank you very much! The rabbit box I live in is surrounded by other rabbit boxes and a tram depo, so no view for me, either. That's why I love going to this place so much.

davidd - thank you!!!

Day 242

"It's... alive!"
"Never mind that, it's giant!!!"
"Uhhhhh huh huuuuuh"*

[Image: 7a5b3cd29aeeb9568e67471161fddc84.jpg]
*=Perhaps I added too much yeast...

Happy Frankenstein Day, everybody!
I made a post, and I can see it, but it isn't showing in the board preview, can you guys see it? When hitting the 'Post Reply' button, I got this weird error saying that I already posted the reply, so I'm confused now...
I see it, and it’s great!!!
That's a fantastic shot - love the little ones looking on in terror. And is Ghoulia the one who created the big one, she doesn't look terrified smile
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
"Perhaps I added too much yeast! LOL LOL LOL

This photo is too much fun! The poses of the smaller ghouls are so expressive! And of course, Frankie is playing up the "Frankenstein" bit!

Frankenstein Day! Who knew? Besides you, obviously! yay

(And of course, no Frankenstein post would be complete without the inclusion of, "It's... aliiiive!"
GreysPrincess - thank you!

Lejays - thank you very much! Yes, Ghoulia is the mad scientist in this one. She's pondering the amount of yeast used for this project yay

davidd - why, thank you!!!

Day 243

Back to migraine. This weak is a freakin' migraine fest! Outside photos are postponed again due to awful weather. It's that invisible drizzle that totally lacks the beauty of the true rain, but leaves everything damp (and makes my hair frizz).

[Image: b842a4548b1fe58f6f40954e0ce5526c.jpg]

Mr. Morgenstern and the Steam Babes! This is my current steampunk squad. Next time I add to it, they won't fit into photo-tent anymore. At least not in a way that would allow to take nice photos without showing the tent itself. LOL

Someone on MH Arena asked about my set, so I took a photo for them and figured that I might as well post it here, in case anyone's interested... The tent is 80cm cube and I use continuous studio lights, because flash lights trigger my migraines. I have light diffuser permanently attached on one light. Lights are usually placed farther from the tent, but it wouldn't fit into shot.

[Image: ebf6729670def5517bd77bbe9f1c3f2d.jpg]
I am extremely happy to see your "set-up" photo! I have been tempted to ask for such a photo several times!

In addition to the tent, it looks like you are using lights with a large surface area; as you say, actual studio lights. I love this set-up! Or, rather, I love the results you achieve with this set-up!

Of course, when you're working with such a fabulous group of "steam babes," the results are bound to be spectacular!
I was curious too, especially how you did the black backgrounds with the "light" tent. It's bigger than I thought. Nice group portrait! Sorry about the migraines sad Hope next week is better.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Great set of steampunk dolls.

And thanks for the insight into the light box set up too, it's very interesting.
I'm glad that the set-up photo was useful! A small note on the black background - I'm using double-sided infinity background that's attached in corners of the tent with velcro. One side is flocked and one is smooth and somewhat glossy (still matte though, it just doesn't 'eat' the light away like the flocked side), however, I never use that side, only the flocked one.

Day 244

Moody, gloomy day. So gloomy that I actually love it. Yesterday's drizzle turned into rain and in the afternoon it was replaced by thin, but persistent fog (too thin to show up on photo, sadly). I love foggy and rainy days. I just need dolls that I won't be afraid to get wet and a bit dirty, so that I can take outside photos. I also need my stupid migraine to go away.
Clawdeen's hair fell into her face and I thought it was befitting the overall somber atmosphere of the day, so I combed it to make it look a little more intentional and used emo Clawdeen as a model for today's photo.

[Image: e63a19eeeb51f42b956308897c28a43f.jpg]

I installed a new filter app so prepare to see a lot of fancy filter photos! Here's the original pic without any filters:

[Image: 2f337cb26d27f0f0721f6161bd0ae309.jpg]

The sky got autumn vibes today. Migratory birds are starting to flock and prepare for the long trip. I love autumn sky. Rainy foggy day with birds starting to fill the sky is the perfect September 1st for me Happy