Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018
Lovely! Freaky just got fabulous!
(No, wait... I think I've heard that somewhere before.)

I thought it was interesting, and odd, that Mattel issued this beautifully detailed "Collector Edition" Draculaura, with hints that this would be the first in a series, but then they instituted their cost-cutting measures and began downgrading the line shortly after this release.

At least we have this Draculaura as an example of what Monster High could have, and should have, become.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
That's good that Raven was able to zap away the migraine.

Collectors Draculaura is amazing, so beautifully detailed.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
davidd - I was soooo looking forward to other collectors' editions from MH! I had so many wishes and ideas for their designs... But, sadly, some parents complained about the dolls being too scary (seriously, how stupid is that?!), and MH sales were already going down, so Mattel came with the reboot, and everything went downhill from there... Garrett Sander got into fight with Mattel and left shortly after Great Scarrier Reef line, and I don't know what exactly was the reason for that, but I can imagine it was because they tried to force the reboot on him and he didn't agree... I don't hate the new CE editions (Skelita and Abbey), but I don't care for them either. They were watered down (like everything reboot), there was nothing 'collector' about them, and I wasn't able to bond with the new faces.

Lejays - thanks!

Day 346

Can't stop playing with this ghoul...

[Image: 52328e9f86e9810a822ecbbd664ab20c.jpg]

And some filter hullabaloo

[Image: 66596c59f1822f694fcc63f3e2a47429.jpg]

[Image: 389200c28cb3d5bae90c023315b8ae2d.jpg]
Both very elaborate outfits. They could crash an elegant party quite successfully, I think...
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Cleo de Nile is truly a queen among playline dolls, and can easily hold her own in much loftier circles as well.
Beautiful portrait. I like the way her trailing bandages appear to be rustling in the breeze.
Thank you both!

Day 347

Ever since I finished the snooze-fest, I can't come up with a decent idea for photos, so it's probably going to be relying on filters and dolls that look good in any pic for the rest of the year...

BW Frankie because I only did one BW photo so far...

[Image: 3422887eabeb08942ec383f5dd02e2ea.jpg]
Is this a B&W portrait of the standard Frankie, or is that the Limited Edition SDCC Monochrome Frankie Stein?
(12-14-2018, 02:44 AM)davidd Wrote: Is this a B&W portrait of the standard Frankie, or is that the Limited Edition SDCC Monochrome Frankie Stein?

It's BW photo of normal Frankie. SDCC releases are impossible to get when you live in Europe, unless you have someone to go get them for you or are willing to pay an amount you'd pay for several first-class triple-A five-star BJDs to resellers on Amazon or ebay...
Love this CLEO - she's not my favourite ghoul, but this version is stunning.

The BW portrait of Frankie is nice, I wouldn't have guessed it was filtered as she's quite monochrome anyway
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Day 348

Uninspired, soooo uninspired...

[Image: bb309cb0598281b862d59ae71de1a478.jpg]
For an "uninspired" photo, this is absolutely spectacular!
It would be spectacular as an "inspired" photo!
Exquisite use of the black & white processing.
davidd - thank you very much!

Day 349

Duo Mad Cat - my Pullips from Alice in Steampunk World series

[Image: 2c131d2ca2fbf1e151b2768d197ac4a9.jpg]
Steampunk Cheshire Cat with that red hair gets cuter every time I see her.

You are back to creating photos with that amazingly dark, velvety background that I just love!
Very pretty pair. I've had an eye on Cheshire too.
You could put the b&w photos on vintage-look greeting cards, maybe.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
This pair is lovely - I'll have to try something similar with my pair. Except i don't have a light-box... hmm, will have to think about that a bit more.

And the B&W Lunatic Queen is very striking, love it.