Neon's A Doll A Day Challenge 2018
Happy Christmas to you! What a lovely, mellow evening light portrait! Perfect for the season!
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Gorgeous and sparkly! Hope you and the dolls have a merry Christmas smile
Lovely shot with the Christmas lights, so pretty.

Happy Christmas to you and your family!
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Thank you very much, everyone! I hope you're having a great time, too!

Day 359

I don't really have favorite MH doll, but, eventhough I love them all, I can name my fave MH characters - Frankie and Cleo. I love all the main characters, and the ones who got at least some development, but these two ghouls are a little more special.

[Image: ac81f2f6860bdd6a48853833242e2aa6.jpg]
Another lovely Monster High portrait. I agree, it is difficult to name one "favorite" character. I am partial to Lagoona, Lala is such a cutie, Cleo is arguably the most "beautiful," but whenever I see an excellent photo, like this, of First Wave Frankie, my heart kind of flutters. Frankie Stein, in addition to encapsulating the entire concept behind Monster High, is a stunningly creative, absolutely brilliant design achievement in every nuanced detail.
davidd - thanks! For me, MH dolls and characters are kind of separate - I like some characters but not their dolls and vice versa, and things like CE Lala or the Origins 2pack make the competition a bit unfair (seriously, how can you compete with absolute perfection), but Frankie has a special place in my collection as both the character and the doll, because she was the first MH doll I've ever seen, and I was sold immediately! Frankie was also the one who made me break my 'only one doll per character' rule, and Frankie army is my biggest one!

Day 360

[Image: 65f852f1788da3ebdefaa5594b35f3ea.jpg]
Not being familiar with any of the MH characters, it's been interesting to see them all. Cleo is indeed pretty.
I wonder what these two are saying LOL
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
(12-27-2018, 07:14 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Not being familiar with any of the MH characters, it's been interesting to see them all. Cleo is indeed pretty.
I wonder what these two are saying LOL

Oh, I don't have all MH characters! There's a monstrous lot of them...

These two are EAH Raven Queen (daughter of the Evil Queen) and Apple White (daughter of Snow White). In official story, they're supposed to take their parent's fairy tale roles. Apple is thrilled to do that, as she gets handsome prince for husband and her own kingdom, but Raven, sweet and shy girl, doesn't want to be evil and meet an unpleasant end. Apple tries to force Raven play her role and she's really pushy about it (which made her my least favorite EAH character...).

So this photo is a little reference to that, and I imagine that Raven tried to rebel against the pressure by giving Apple exactly what she wanted, but in an annoying way...

I think they're saying something like
"You said you wanted a poisoned apple, didn't you?"
"I know, Iknow. But..."
Ha ha ha! What makes this apple "poison" is its size! If Apple eats the entire apple, she is going to be more sick than if it were actually poisoned! LOL

I love the poses, which tell a story without words.
"Here ya go! Try it! It's yummy!"
"Err... I don't know about this!"
LOL
davidd - thanks! Glad you like it!

Day 361

I wanted to take a tastefully humorous, highly intellectual top-quality photo, but it's me, soooo....

[Image: c731cb9f3b5a2c714da65a60e69110d9.jpg]

Onwards, Copenhagen!
I love all the different shades of blue against the dark background.
It's definitely tastefully humorous, and it must be highly intellectual, too; at least, it's over my head.
But then, it's a giraffe, so it's over almost everyone's head.

The lighting is marvelous! The dark tones show up clearly, and there are no overex.posed highlights. (Highlight hot-spots are a particular challenge for me most of the time.)
(12-28-2018, 12:00 PM)davidd Wrote: ... it must be highly intellectual, too; at least, it's over my head.
But then, it's a giraffe, so it's over almost everyone's head.
LOL
Oh dear.
I guess I get it, but, does it count if you had to google?
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
(12-28-2018, 01:15 PM)Alliecat Wrote: Oh dear.
I guess I get it, but, does it count if you had to google?

Okay, I just searched for that, too. Grim, dark, but an extremely funny reference because of its obscurity!
Love the Apple & Raven photo. Im of the same opinion as you about Apple - it was fine for her to want the Happy Ever After, as she had a Good Future. But a lot of the others (not just Raven), had terrible fates, so I don't blame them for not wanting to go along with their parent's storylines.
(Raven & Maddie are my favourite characters, Apple probably my least-favourite - at least of the main range of characters)
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)