Pullip Withered. Review and pictures.
Just a heads-up for anyone interested in a brand new Withered for cheap.
There's another "Wizard" on Mandrake for only 3500 yen plus shipping!
Better hurry!

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/deta...1103390339&ref=list&soldOut=1&keyword=pullip&shop=55&lang=en
[Image: 8ZtVOxb.jpg]
I've never heard of Mandrake until this forum, those prices converted in USD seem too good to be real. Do you (or anyone lurking) have experience ordering from them? Do they gauge you in shipping?
P U L L I P S
Rida, Latte, Chicca, Sarras, Regen Paja, Regen Moon, Yona, Wind, Mercu, Raphia, and OG Noir.
(01-04-2019, 11:28 AM)ducktape Wrote: I've never heard of Mandrake until this forum, those prices converted in USD seem too good to be real. Do you (or anyone lurking) have experience ordering from them? Do they gauge you in shipping?

I buy from them all the time and even if shipping can be expensive, you still save a lot compared to Ebay.
Just click the ENGLISH button, and register. Some stores don't give the shipping estimate right away, but stores like SAHRA (one of their listing above) will give it to you as soon as you enter the listing page.

I recommend EMS. A bit more expensive than SAL, but WAY faster.
I just bought 2 Marmit dolls and a Mama chapp from them.  The dolls are previously owned, but mine were all mint in box with a bit of box damage that I didn't even notice and don't care about since I was planning on deboxing.  Mandrake is on eBay, but for some odd reason, their listings say they don't combine shipping.  

My collection of pleather Ixtee stompy boots are all starting to have their finish flake off.  When I think of the time and effort I put into to stalking those auctions to get the colors I wanted. Cry
(01-04-2019, 02:15 PM)Cornflower Blue Wrote:  Mandrake is on eBay, but for some odd reason, their listings say they don't combine shipping.

It make no sense going on Mandrake Ebay. Better go to them directly.
As for the combined shipping thing, the beginner must know that Mandrake is a shopping center that have several stores. If one buy within the same store, they will do combined shipping without any problems.

Plus I never paid any custom fees from anything Mandrake related when shipped by SAL or EMS. That make a HUGE difference.

Furthermore, Mandrake seem to be wary of MISB collectors so ALL the boxes are "damaged". But when a box is truly damaged and/or the toy is used, it drive the price down like crazy. Therefore, it's the best place to have mad deals on Japanese geek stuff.
(01-04-2019, 02:15 PM)Cornflower Blue Wrote: My collection of pleather Ixtee stompy boots are all starting to have their finish flake off.  When I think of the time and effort I put into to stalking those auctions to get the colors I wanted. Cry
[quote pid='8228738' dateline='1546575335']
Nooooo! I'm afraid to look at mine!
[/quote]
My feedback:
http://forums.dollymarket.net/showthread.php?tid=539796

Join us at the Pullip and Dal Doll Lovers Event in June 2024. The theme is Retro Memories Sweet Sixteen.
http://www.puddlestyle.com/
Spotted another Withered on Mandrake. Dirt cheap at 3500 yen, but be aware of the aforementioned issues.

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/deta...1103390339&ref=list&dispCount=240&sort=price&sortOrder=0&soldOut=1&keyword=pullip&lang=en
Just found some doll glasses that are meant for an American Girl type of doll. They are a perfect fit for Withered!

[Image: C9KkFKJ.jpg]

A bit loose but it could be an easy fix with a rubber band at the back.
They suit her so well.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Great photos and review. Old Pullips have their own special charm.
Nice tortoiseshell-style eyeglasses!
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
(02-04-2020, 11:21 AM)davidd Wrote: Nice tortoiseshell-style eyeglasses!

Indeed they are! Too bad they are extremely cheap. Like margarine-container cheap. 
But they do the job.
They look amazing and let's be honest, a lot of doll stuff is so ex.pensive, sometimes cheaper is needed to save our wallets.
(02-04-2020, 11:14 PM)werepuppy Wrote: They look amazing and let's be honest, a lot of doll stuff is so ex.pensive, sometimes cheaper is needed to save our wallets.

Indeed. Just look at the official Smart Dolls glasses!  Whacked Sweatdrop
I love those glasses, they give her so much personality!

I found out sometime last year that most American Girl-sized doll glasses fit Pullips, and bought a few really cheap off Aliex-press. Most were awful quality and required heavy seam-sanding before I let them close my dolls' faces, but some were surprisingly great in quality, and especially for their price. Most of them are not in constant use, but my Ami/Sailor Mercury is now wearing a pair of glasses full-time. She does have glasses as a manga character, so I felt she needs them to be complete.

It's so weird though... American Girls are not a thing in my country, therefore I've never ever seen one IRL, and I always imagined them to be big. It's rather weird to think that their and Pullips' heads match in size, or at least in width :O
My Flickr Gallery blush

"I wear my sunglasses at night
So I can, so I can
See the light that's right before my eyes"