Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019!
I think she looks much more like a "real" person than most of the princesses do.
They can't win... Invent characters that are too "perfect" physically and they get slammed for presenting unrealistic images of "beauty"; invent a more realistic "atypical" one and people complain that she's ugly.
Well, Merida looks like she doesn't care anyway.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
(07-23-2019, 11:35 AM)Alliecat Wrote: They can't win...  

Yup... and Disney takes that "can't win" all the way to the bank, with a profit of $12.6 billion last year on total revenues of $59.4 billion.

I wish I could figure out how to "not win" that successfully!

Oh, and, that Disney profit was up from a "mere" $8.98 billion the previous year, or a 33% year-over-year increase. I'd say Disney has figured out a "winning" strategy, and Merida and her pals are a big part of that.

Also, the vocal "complainers" represent a very tiny fraction of actual viewers/customers/consumers. A recent study revealed that only 10% of Twitter users generate 80% of Twitter posts. And Twitter seems to be the primary source for most "news" stories about consumer complaints.

One more thing: a statistical analysis of "Disney Princess" movies claims that Merida is more popular... or at least more profitable... than Ariel, The Little Mermaid:
https://www.digitalspy.com/movies/a87126...ce-ranked/
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Merida looks fantastic - as always! And that she doesn't care what anyone thinks of her.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
(07-23-2019, 04:05 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Sassy! Scottish! Redhead!

I generally don't get people's hobby of calling other people/things ugly. They make themselves live in an ugly world, what for? Of course no one can find every single thing and person in existence beautiful, but what is going out of one's way to find 'the ugly' and then getting vocal about it good for? Save your breath and just walk away! Oh well, to each his own...

People get angry about others finding enjoyment in things. You see, enjoyment is "selling out", apparently, and we must be forever cynical and angry and just not enjoy our media. /glances at any major fan-base like the Marvel Cinematic Universe or Star Wars.

(07-23-2019, 09:34 AM)davidd Wrote: Isn't she a saucy thing! Heart 2

Only when she chooses to be! 

(07-23-2019, 10:55 AM)Cornflower Blue Wrote: I think she looks much more like a "real" person than most of the princesses do.

I think it helps that the Pixar house style is a bit more ... ex.pressive than the Disney house style is. 

(07-23-2019, 11:35 AM)Alliecat Wrote: They can't win...  Invent characters that are too "perfect" physically and they get slammed for presenting unrealistic images of "beauty"; invent a more realistic "atypical" one and people complain that she's ugly.
Well, Merida looks like she doesn't care anyway.

In terms of people's wanting to critise ... no, they can't. In monetary terms, yeah they can.
Merida gives no damns, but it's the point of it. 

(07-23-2019, 04:01 PM)davidd Wrote: Also, the vocal "complainers" represent a very tiny fraction of actual viewers/customers/consumers. A recent study revealed that only 10% of Twitter users generate 80% of Twitter posts. And Twitter seems to be the primary source for most "news" stories about consumer complaints.

One more thing: a statistical analysis of "Disney Princess" movies claims that Merida is more popular... or at least more profitable... than Ariel, The Little Mermaid:
https://www.digitalspy.com/movies/a87126...ce-ranked/

Those last two are the most interesting thing to me. I would not have thought that was the ratio for Twitter output, especially in terms of fandom consumption.

As for the analysis... you really wouldn't know that Merida netted them more. In their Princess line, Merida is generally shoved to the back in terms of merchandising. A few odd things here and there but in comparison to the other girls... Not as much. Also of the ones listed in that article Kida actually isn't an official Disney Princess. For some reason. 

(07-23-2019, 06:38 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: Merida looks fantastic - as always!  And that she doesn't care what anyone thinks of her.

She's too busy shooting arrows into the sunset to care. 

- - - 

204. Out Of The Room
[Image: 57630914_62b1d73a85a0def193a013472abac6ec_standard.jpg]
Slowly emptying the room for redecorating. So here's some of the bears.
The invasion of other rooms began!
(07-24-2019, 04:01 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: The invasion of other rooms began!

Mwah hah hah hah haaaaaah!

I'm guessing they will set up their basecamp in the narrow secret stairway that doesn't "officially" exist in the manor house that isn't "officially" a manor house.
The bears must be the first wave... which makes sense. After all, they are bears; who's gonna try to stop them?

"Slowly emptying The Room for redecorating." Does this mean you're going to replace the Bobby Sherman posters on the walls with Shaun Cassidy posters?
If you give bears an inch, they’ll take a mile. This is a stealth invasion, and they’ve cleverly made you think it’s actually all your idea. Genius!
(07-24-2019, 04:01 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: The invasion of other rooms began!

Yes! We call it ... the invasion! Hopefully it won't last too long. Room gets done the 3rd - I need to have things cleared and moved for that happening. 

(07-24-2019, 04:16 AM)davidd Wrote: Mwah hah hah hah haaaaaah!

I'm guessing they will set up their basecamp in the narrow secret stairway that doesn't "officially" exist in the manor house that isn't "officially" a manor house.
The bears must be the first wave... which makes sense. After all, they are bears; who's gonna try to stop them?

"Slowly emptying The Room for redecorating." Does this mean you're going to replace the Bobby Sherman posters on the walls with Shaun Cassidy posters?

They're in the living room, taking over the new couch and chairs actually. Big wide armrests, you see, a few of them can sit on just one. 

I was thinking the Lisbon Lions actually... (In all seriousness I just realised I'm going to have to carefully put away my theatre posters I stuck on the side of a dresser. Sigh.)

(07-24-2019, 04:40 PM)Elfy Wrote: If you give bears an inch, they’ll take a mile. This is a stealth invasion, and they’ve cleverly made you think it’s actually all your idea. Genius!

Clearly these bears have quite a lot of brain. 

- - - 

205. Height
[Image: 57665876_5c4b2e31026ea332ef942eeea76f4949_standard.jpg]
(Okay, I know it's lazy, but I'm still doing the clearing/preparing for redecorating so photos are going to be lazy from now until my room is back in order...)
Such a variety is heights - I didn’t realise that Olivia (? Have I got the right one), was so big.

Lala is teeny in comparison.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Maudsie is taller than I thought! And she looks... cheerful? That's alarming. What is she up to?
Scale comparison pics are always interesting, and often useful.

I am delighted to see that Maudlynne has someone very near to her scale... because she is such a relatively odd scale. Of course, relatively odd suits her, but still, more scale friends means scaling up the mischief!

(Lisbon Lions... I hadda look that up – awesome! You win for best arcane reference of the week, right there! Well, arcane to those of us who are not exactly the sporting type. "The Greatest Story Ever Told in Scottish Sport," according to numerous sources! I learned something new today!)

((The theatre posters should be framed; hurry yourself off to the crafts shop this afternoon!))
Interesting size comparison. And those bears look so soft and huggable.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
@werepuppy sorry this is a late reply I meant frozen was getting another movie.I think the disney fairy movies are done? Also what kind of doll is the small girl in the red dress?
One of yours is a tall girl.