Neon’s A Doll A Day… Again (2020)
Fitting that Her Insane Majesty should close it out. I know there’s one more day, because Leap Year, but I figure you and she work on Oddwickshire time and in my head they don’t do Leap Years.
Magnificent as always!

So close to the end now.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
(12-31-2020, 02:34 AM)davidd Wrote: I saw the “365” and thought “Wait! Did I mis-count? Are we DONE?”

Then I remembered.

This is truly the year that keep on giving, huh?

Yeah... But not for much longer. Not that I ex³pect 2021 to be any better...

(12-31-2020, 07:56 AM)Elfy Wrote: Fitting that Her Insane Majesty should close it out. I know there’s one more day, because Leap Year, but I figure you and she work on Oddwickshire time and in my head they don’t do Leap Years.

I keep Oddwickshire on the same calendar as this dimension purely for my personal convenience, but I think that the kingdom would follow some sort of lunar calendar.

I thought Her Insanely Majestic Madness always closes up the challenge, but she ex³plained to me that she's always in the final photo and always in the Day 365 photo, and the two just don't happen to take place on the same day this year, so that's two photos of her in the row, which is a good thing.

(12-31-2020, 03:04 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: Magnificent as always!

So close to the end now.

Thanks! Yeees, yeeeesssss, mhnmhwahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have one more surprise (even for me) photo to sneak in before I finish this thread for good - a cutie arrived today! I was ex(seriously, these x and p shenanigans are getting old)pecting her in second half of January, if not later, but here she is! Azone EX☆Cute Lien Angelic Sigh IV ver. 1.1 from 2018!

To decode that name - EX☆Cute is Azone's line of Pure Neemo dolls ('Neemo' is name for Azone bodies that are used across various lines, Pure are 1/6, Picco are 1/12), Lien is the name of this particular sculpt / face screening. Angelic Sigh is supposed to be a fashion brand, but I think it's an imaginary one, as I couldn't find any info on it (not to be confused with Angelic Pretty, super famous Lolita brand that did multiple collabs with Groove), IV is there because there were other dolls sporting imaginary brands in this series, and ver.1.1 is how Azone numbers their recolored re-releases (the original doll had blonde hair).

[Image: 23dc6a3859e0c901027286d9f81bb2b0.jpg]

Isn't she the cutest? I'd never guess I was going to receive a doll on New Year's Eve!

And now onto the final post as planned!

What a fricken year! Gosh, if years had bums, I'd sure like to kick 2020's. With a running start. The pandemic has a very strong impact on me. Not the virus itself, it is bad, but I'd be able to cope, but the way our government keeps making everything worse is really getting to me. The whole nation suffers because of it, and everyone is confused, uncertain and frustrated, as the rules change every day and there's no advance in announcements of changes, so it's impossible to keep up. When nobody knows what to ex(seriously...)pect, it's kinda hard to pull oneself out of this nation-wide bad mood and confusion. Migraines aren't helping either, who would have guessed...

At the beginning of 2020, I was hoping it would be a fun year. 2020 is a nice number, there were going to be two Fridays the 13th in 2020 and two full moons in October, and other exciting things to look forward to! But then everything just kept getting worse and worse, and I had a hard time maintaining a reasonably good mood. When I was about a third into the challenge, I still believed I'd be doing another one in 2021, but then my usual summer 'Iwannadropthis' patches didn't go away with the arrival of autumn, like they usually do, and the last months of the challenge became a torture that didn't give me any joy at all. I don't feel good for completing a third year in the row, I'm just glad to be finaly rid of this thing.

Still, there were things I enjoyed, like the scavenger hunts, or the book posts, and I'm not done with doll photography itself, I'm just going to take a break from it and avoid anything that resembles a challenge, because I tend to turn those from fun into chores.

Thank you to everyone who commented on this thread, and congrats to all of you who completed daily and weekly challenges!!!

Day 366

'Lights, camera, action!'

[Image: f5a0cfc0dec5dbdd36839311b91afdd0.jpg]

[Image: 63fcb66168197249868370694cf48862.jpg]

[Image: c9e7a794e8500d1ea5c836c2b8e6089e.jpg]

'Cut! Amazing performance, Your Lunacy!'
'Naturally.'

[Image: c8b2315e231259971c7ae17c208060c3.jpg]

Aaaand that's a wrap.
That’s a wrap... and what a wrap it is! Dramatic and inspiring (yes, really) and artistic and fun! You’re sending 2020 out with a bang.

Hopefully with a good, clean shot to the back of the skull.

And... a cute new dolly with which to see off the old year and welcome in the new! How fun is that? Probably overly optimistic to hope that is a sign of better days ahead, huh?

Believe me, I could go full-on novelette length here about the government (and world) response to coronavirus. Perhaps fortunately, I am currently restrained by the limits of remote posting. In short, I agree completely with, and fully understand, everything that you are saying... and, I suspect, a lot that you have kept to yourself.

I shall miss your daily posts. I am hoping you will still be around frequently.

My kindest regards to you and Her Royal and Revered Majesty!

(That texturing and shading in the Final Doodle is amazing!)
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
I agree. Amazing performance, Your Majesty. I do hope we see you, your dolls and Oddwickshire back here from time to time, though. Just whenever you feel like it.
Such a cute dolly surprise for the last day of the year - how delightful for you.

And as always, an excellent shot of Her Majesty expressing most people’s thoughts on 2020.

Enjoy your break from challenges, and also playing with your new doll & introducing her to tge rest of the crowd.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Yay! Thanks for 366 days of amazing photos and lore!
A very nicely done frame on the doodle!
Her Insane Majesty looks cheerful in her photo, as if she is optimistic for the start of a new year. (It's probably easier for little plastic people to be optimists...? )
Congrats on the new arrival! That's a nice little pick-me-up to end the year.
And a great 'wrap' for the year. The photos made me smile. Yeah, I'm all for offiing 2020.
I hope you find some fun in dolly things next year without feeling pressured or that it becomes a chore. And I also hope to see you around here. Take care and may the new year bring you better things. smile
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Thank you very much, everyone!