Elfy's Doll a Week 2020
(12-29-2020, 11:49 AM)Alliecat Wrote:
(12-28-2020, 09:58 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: I totally still play with dolls and plushies, and if someone judges me for that, they're basically proving that they don't have nearly as much fun in their life as I do
Hehe.  I've encountered people like that while having immature fun.  
Too much fun is like too much garlic.  Other people resent you having either xp

(The husband also says otherwise, but) there's simply no.such.thing.as.too.much.garlic. (with this and with being vegan, I'd really be a miserable vampire :3 ) Other than that, I agree with all of the above. I too still play with dolls and plushies. I also still sleep with plushies. Those who fail to see the joy in all of this don't know what they are missing. Which is luckily their problem, not mine Tongue

Evie is clearly not that sort, based on how proudly she's posing with her giant teddy-bear friend. She reminded me of a photo taken of my sister with a bear similar in size compared to --- her. She always wanted to have a plush teddy that was bigger than her, and once they found one in a supermarket. It was a little too ex-pensive and too big for their room (and I think her (now luckily ex-)husband is also among those who don't know what fun plushies bring), so the bear stayed in the supermarket.

Finn seems to be proud (and protective) of his cool calendar. Did you manage to take a picture of its contents, now that all the doors have been opened? I'd be interested to see what you've got smile
My Flickr Gallery blush

"I wear my sunglasses at night
So I can, so I can
See the light that's right before my eyes"
(12-30-2020, 08:52 AM)Loona Wrote:
(12-29-2020, 11:49 AM)Alliecat Wrote:
(12-28-2020, 09:58 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: I totally still play with dolls and plushies, and if someone judges me for that, they're basically proving that they don't have nearly as much fun in their life as I do
Hehe.  I've encountered people like that while having immature fun.  
Too much fun is like too much garlic.  Other people resent you having either xp

(The husband also says otherwise, but) there's simply no.such.thing.as.too.much.garlic. (with this and with being vegan, I'd really be a miserable vampire :3 ) Other than that, I agree with all of the above. I too still play with dolls and plushies. I also still sleep with plushies. Those who fail to see the joy in all of this don't know what they are missing. Which is luckily their problem, not mine Tongue

Evie is clearly not that sort, based on how proudly she's posing with her giant teddy-bear friend. She reminded me of a photo taken of my sister with a bear similar in size compared to --- her. She always wanted to have a plush teddy that was bigger than her, and once they found one in a supermarket. It was a little too ex-pensive and too big for their room (and I think her (now luckily ex-)husband is also among those who don't know what fun plushies bring), so the bear stayed in the supermarket.

Finn seems to be proud (and protective) of his cool calendar. Did you manage to take a picture of its contents, now that all the doors have been opened? I'd be interested to see what you've got smile
Finn adores the cool prizes he got out of the calendar, and I will take a picture of him and them.
Finn's an optimistic little fellow, so he determined to see off the old year by showing off his Marvel Advent Calendar figure collection to our new arrival, Yari.

[Image: 77e4e829a2c6ece7511502a2ddf8ca61.jpg]

Finn's a little more impressed by the whole thing than Yari, who can't quite work this out.

Finn: Aren't they cool?
Yari: Can any of them fight with a spear?

If anyone is wondering who they all are, this is the role call from left to right:
Top row: Captain Marvel, Ant-Man, Black Panther, Iron Fist, She-Hulk, Loki, Thanos, Venom
Middle row: Daredevil, Gamora, Punisher, Spider-Gwen, Alt Verse Spiderman, Starlord, Groot, Rocket Racoon
Bottom row: Thor, Hulk, Captain America, Iron Man, Spiderman, Black Widow. Vision, Doctor Strange.
That is an impressive display, even if Yari looks skeptical.

Your ADAW photos are always so sunny and cheerful. Can't wait to see what adventures 2021 brings for your crew!
Impressive collection, and one of the few times Finn has appeared confident and cheerful! I find I it odd how their ex.pressioms can appear to change depending on the situation.

I agree, Yari looks skeptical; as in, wondering what kind of nerd-fest she’s found herself in! I’m sure Finn’s enthusiasm will ultimately convince Yari of the cultural benefits of pop culture!
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
That's quite a haul. Wow, seeing them with the dolls, they must be really tiny.
Haha, I also thought Yari looks skeptical. I figured either she's trying to figure out what's the point, or she's wondering if any of them might be a match for her LOL
Is he trying to impress her? Is there... some interest on his part...??? He looks rather hopeful....
Hmmm.... looking forward to seeing future adventures.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Yari’s a Dal, unimpressed is their default expression. Finn is just being friendly Finn and trying to make the newbie feel welcome. He doesn’t quite get that not everyone is an Uber nerd like him.
Finn is always so darn cute!!! And Yari is a cool gal. Dal. You know what I mean. wink
He’s definitely a different type of nerd to Amelia. Who needs to remind Finn that the Captain America figure is only on loan, and will be reclaimed shortly LOL

We need to introduce Yari to one of the Meera or Aquamam figures - they’ll have a spear to fight with!
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
I'll forever be in love with Finn (I won't say I regret getting Hansie over him when the chance was there, because I adore Hansie, but I wish I had the opportunity to get them both back then when they were both up for sample sale...), and he looks so content with his little figures! Yari - I first thought she looked possessive, looking for ways to snatch some of the figures up, but looking again, I agree with the skeptical look. Yeah, she's a Dal, it's in the face sculpt, but you can't deny those eyebrows are helping a great bit!
Talking about skeptical... Loki being put next to Thanos, I imagine there are similar feelings going on over there Tongue
My Flickr Gallery blush

"I wear my sunglasses at night
So I can, so I can
See the light that's right before my eyes"