~dargosmydaddy's a-doll-a-week 2022~
Fun pic! Great use of the side-glances to tell the story!
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Week sixteen

[Image: 102341759_1c76544cc032406ca3c46c3d7b1cc455_large.jpg]
Very pretty pastel and spring-like arrangement!
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
That’s a lovely decoration and shown off very well by your model.
The egg wreath is lovely! The quality of the color is lovely - that is the type of color I associate with Easter! Beautiful photo! Happy Easter!
Week seventeen

I finally ventured out of my yard with a doll... we took a trip to the end of the block, because this dogwood tree was too pretty to resist. (Luckily it was at the edge of the people's yard, so no trespassing necessary smile)

[Image: 103009757_4925ed12458a0c5717fab23718be1e0d_large.jpg]

Bonus picture to show off Meg's outfit a bit more:

[Image: 103009722_45b1ae5fa2f139b50dc237a9e8f2cfa7_large.jpg]
Yay for an outing! The flowers are so pretty. And it's greeeeen. My forsythia has barely started to open and my lawn is brown slash
Meg is so cute and her spring-like outfit is a great match for the flowers.
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Meg's outfit is cute with the little birds motif. Love the bright springy colors in the pic!

No trespassing necessary? Are the neighbors an un-neighborly bunch, likely to shout "git offa my lawn" or pop off a load of rock salt in your direction fer trespassin'?
Congrats on venturing out. Dolls always like an outing. Her freckles are just so cute and the dogwood is a really nice backdrop.
Quote:No trespassing necessary? Are the neighbors an un-neighborly bunch, likely to shout "git offa my lawn" or pop off a load of rock salt in your direction fer trespassin'?

I have no idea... it's a long block, so I don't know anyone down there, but I'd feel weird randomly walking on anyone's lawn. As it was I shoved the doll in my tote and took an innocent-looking stroll around the cul-de-sac when someone in a nearby yard dragged a trash can out mid-session. (I resumed photography once the coast was clear... I get embarrassed way too easily!)
(04-26-2022, 07:19 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote:
Quote:No trespassing necessary? Are the neighbors an un-neighborly bunch, likely to shout "git offa my lawn" or pop off a load of rock salt in your direction fer trespassin'?

I have no idea... it's a long block, so I don't know anyone down there, but I'd feel weird randomly walking on anyone's lawn. As it was I shoved the doll in my tote and took an innocent-looking stroll around the cul-de-sac when someone in a nearby yard dragged a trash can out mid-session. (I resumed photography once the coast was clear... I get embarrassed way too easily!)

Ah, the old "pretend I need to take out the trash right now so I can spy on someone" routine.  slash

Doll photography in public spaces was much easier back in my Pinky Street days. Several of them fit easily in a pocket and their hair doesn't get mussed. It was quick to set 'em up, snap a pic, and go. I find Pullips extremely challenging to work with when traveling or going out and about. The shots take longer to set up, the hair requires constant maintenance, and they do not easily stand up unaided.
*sits on hands and doesn't engage in debate about which side of a trespassing situation is "un-neighbourly"*

Dargos, I wish you were my neighbour instead of the ones I have slash

I am usually OK taking photos if I'm somewhere that nobody knows me (airports once upon a time, or faraway places). A bit less so in a small nosy community. So I can sympathize. I haven't had any bad ex-periences in those places though. People have been amused.
We prefer it when no one else is around. Our neighbour was quite interested when Lejays was taking pictures of her Ever After's on the fringes or her garden. She thought they were cute. My main concern when we take pictures on beaches is if there are dogs around, a dog could very easy take a fancy to the doll and swoop in and steal it before we could do a lot about it.
Yay for a ex-pedition outside the yard!

The flowers look very pretty as a backdrop, no wonder you wanted to use them!
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Quote:I find Pullips extremely challenging to work with when traveling or going out and about. The shots take longer to set up, the hair requires constant maintenance, and they do not easily stand up unaided.

Very much this! Meg's hair is a mess, despite my quick efforts to fix it in between worrying about nosy neighbors... But my own hair is pretty much a constant mess, including in photos, so maybe it lends a certain amount of candid realism smile And all my pictures end up being at weird angles and from the knees up because I'm holding the doll by the ankles!

Quote:Dargos, I wish you were my neighbour instead of the ones I have

I would go for that! We could go on picture-taking expeditions together smile You might have to send me back in winter, though...

Week eighteen

One of my low-key goals for this year was to invest in a few more doll props rather than spending my whole budget on dolls/wigs/clothes. Overall I have not been doing a great job with that... and when I finally did buy something, it was kind of an impulse buy. But anyhow...

[Image: 102953632_a10fcf053a8ea3f3b36e3a1c6d77dbc4_large.jpg]

It's a secondhand American Girl violin (as well as the music stand and case, which didn't make the photo). It's a bit big for Taeyang, but I think it goes well with the oversized head so it doesn't look toooo strange. I still need to get some Blu Tack to make posing easier, but I don't think I did too bad with a bit of tape and some careful balancing.

I'm very tempted to get some other instruments in the future. (I do have a guitar somewhere, though violin/ guitar might make for a weird band.) I also want to see if I can get a Dal to play it like a cello.