~dargosmydaddy's a-doll-a-week 2022~
Week thirty
I mentioned my one-and-only Blythe in the Rainbow High thread, so I figured it's about time she made an appearance here.

I've eyeballed Blythes multiple times over the years... in fact I think it was looking at Blythes that first led me to Pullips, which has led to quite a collection. Actual Blythes kind of creep me out (sometimes) or just leave me feeling "meh," but I find some of the customs really lovely. Usually when I have one of my brief "maybe I should get a custom Blythe" kicks, I never find one I like that is even remotely affordable, but last July I stumbled upon one I loved on ebay, and was shocked when I ended up winning her. She's a secondhand girl by a Malaysian customizer called AmberDolls, and I got her for half of what her new dolls are going for on Etsy!

I can't get her eyes to switch (there were pictures of them facing each direction in the ebay listing, so clearly it was possible at some point...), but I really love the pair that's showing at the moment, so I don't particularly care. I find Blythe's heads/ neck position to be odd; it's kind of like they're permanently looking down (I don't mean the eyes, just that the head is slightly downcast). Apparently there is a neck adapter you can buy so they can tilt upward, but that sounds more complicated to install than I think I'm up for. So overall, I'm still convinced of the superiority of Pullip, especially for picture-taking purposes, but I like having Zara here (and am still hopeful I'll get her a friend someday).

[Image: 107628388_36438daa85183a7ca4c4008d3369d0de_large.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: ~dargosmydaddy's a-doll-a-week 2022~ - by dargosmydaddy - 07-25-2022, 03:54 AM