Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
General chat thread for Monster High
(07-24-2015, 04:22 PM)Steffipuschel Wrote: i saw in a video someone used acetone. Is thos correct? I only know from bjd and pullips that acetone is a big nono..

Some people do use it with monster high or similar dolls. The heads are vinyl so they don't react quite as badly to acetone from what I understand, but you do have to be careful with it and it definitely will erode at the hard plastic of the bodies. (Also, if I recall correctly Gooliope's head is hard plastic so you might want to be careful there?) I typically use Windsor and Newton paintbrush cleaner to remove factory paint from mine. It works fine and I haven't had any problems yet, so that may be an option for you.
I see. Thanks for this.
i used cleaning alcohol 99% and if its to slow i dip a magic eraser in the alcohol and used both together for my other dolls ^^
flickr
Pullip delight on Facebook
Pullip delight on etsy

My pullip girls:

Ayume (Melissa) * Miyu (Hello Kitty) * Sakura (MIO Custom) * Mizuki (Bonita) * Alice (Romantic Alice) * Merl * Midori (Paja Reg) * Nana (Nanette) * Mei (MIO Custom) * Megumi (MIO Custom) * Niji (MIO Custom) * Sui (Suiseiseki) * Miku (Miku Hatsune)
Something new from Yummy Sweets Dolls ... found this while poking around Etsy. A custom Draculaura, and doesn't she look different!

https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/25401612...e_active_1
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Okay, so I'm going to bring back this thread for a minute here.
Have you guys seen the SDCC exclusive for this year? It's Robecca and her dad. (http://sdccblog.com/2016/05/mattel-san-d...xclusives/) I really want her dad, and don't have any strong feelings regarding Robecca herself, but I'm not going to comic con (too expensive) and I know the dolls are going to be so expensive after the con. Her dad would be perfect for a custom I had planned, but I'm really disappointed that I'm likely not going to be able to afford him. :/ What are your guys' thoughts?
If it's anything like last year, it's possible you may be able to find him available solo after SDCC last year a lot of people only wanted Whisp or Valentine and they put the other one up for sale I considered just buying Whisp myself last year but then I found a decent deal on the set so ended up with both. Maybe look for a split partner? I'm not too fussed with what I have seen of the EAH or MH SDCC releases which I am perfectly okay with, I'm especially safe from Robecca as I'm not a fan of shiny toys.

I decided to like rearrange my doll studio area in the near future and in the meantime I'm boxing and putting into storage the majority of my MH/EAH so there is less chaos. Once I have everything else set up the way I want then and only then will they return and then I'll figure out where/how to display them. I still have a couple of dozen I'm keeping at the house for now while I work on rearranging things.

EDIT: I will also say waiting in line for anything from Mattel is insane at SDCC, my friend waited in line six hours two years ago to get the SDCC exclusives for me and some other people after that she was like nope I'm bloody done with mattel.
Flickr : Twitter: Tumblr : Facebook
[Image: 6298891632_a2df2e3dbd.jpg]
Ordered: Dollzone Venus Halo, Halo and Halo Strayer 
He's pretty cool.
My feedback:
http://forums.dollymarket.net/showthread.php?tid=539796

Join us at the Pullip and Dal Doll Lovers Event in June 2024. The theme is Retro Memories Sweet Sixteen.
http://www.puddlestyle.com/
Darn, I'm getting page not found!
[Image: 26902333972_d0f381bcc1.jpg]
This is the two-pack
[Image: 26902337612_a449e3da16.jpg]
there is also a Ghostbusters themed Frankie
Flickr : Twitter: Tumblr : Facebook
[Image: 6298891632_a2df2e3dbd.jpg]
Ordered: Dollzone Venus Halo, Halo and Halo Strayer 
Oh, I do want that Frankie!
My feedback:
http://forums.dollymarket.net/showthread.php?tid=539796

Join us at the Pullip and Dal Doll Lovers Event in June 2024. The theme is Retro Memories Sweet Sixteen.
http://www.puddlestyle.com/
That Frankie is amazing!
Pullips: Langley(Asuka), Maddie(Merl), Ophelia(Tiphona), Camille(Kiyomi), Ally(Classical Alice), Roz(Rosalind), Nate(Nosferatu), Eirwen(Snow White), Mariette(Milk Latte), Lily(Puki), Nataleigh(Nanette), Courtney(Reg Fan), Nami(Rei), Fleur(Luna), , Tiberius(Tantus), Petunia (Jouet 2.0),  Vanessa(BRH), Mary(Oui'Vera), Hugo(Gyro), Bella(Chibi Risa), Nicki(NekoMao), Sunny(Raphia), Dorian(Custom), Odette(Isolde), Aisha(Nahh), Lian(China), Maaya(Nina), Haruka(Purezza), Hero(Apollo), Cecily(Sfoglia), Carly(Podo), Suri(Blackberry), Dominique(Shinku), Temperance(Veritas), Clair(Violetta), Bonnie(Hello Kitty), Emily(Si'Anna), September(Fourrure), Natsume(Summer Purezza), Cherami(Akemi), Kate(Paja), Lizzy(Elisabeth), Crissy(Papin), Siegfried(Arion), Andromeda(Ra Muw), Wanda(Hermine), Odile(Adsiltia), Daisy(Leroy), Maggie(RQ), Cissa(Chibi Risa), Sam(Mao), Amelia(Sailor Saturn), Susan(Silane), Nora(Alura), Momo(Youtsuzu), Hanzo(Okita)
The new frankie face is growing on me allot!! I think this might be why haha! I wounder what will be the EAH SDCC doll
Oh noes! I never really liked Robecca that much, but gosh that shiny version of her is just amazing! It is like feeling a lot more metallic, than the one I have. (I was trying to buy her outfit only but the seller gave me the doll free.) Maybe I should try to get her... Or get a can of gloss MSC to spray on mine. Tongue

Frankie is really nice too, thankfully tough, I don't feel like she is a doll for me (aka I don't want to own it), even tough it's really cool!
Blog ^___^
Feedback
Oh, a split would be a great idea! I just don't know anyone who's going, unless someone here is planning to?
There all pretty cool! I've gotten SDCC MH stuff from Matty Collector after the event was over.
Oh, awesome! I'll have to look into that. I just really want that doll >.<