Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Judging from his ex²pression, he figured it out!
Another one I haven't seen. And, congrats on the birthday Momoko!
I can't tell if the Great Mouse Detective is thinking something is great, or if he's agreeing that he is great! But obviously he's feeling great about something.

Or maybe it's that seven percent solution kicking in.
Basil, the Great Mouse Detective, is IMO an underrated Disney film that for one reason or another never really got the attention it deserved.
(08-10-2019, 12:36 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]Judging from his ex²pression, he figured it out!

Or it's not just tobacco in that pipe... What, it was the Victorian era! Other stuff was just medication back then. 

(08-10-2019, 02:58 AM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]Another one I haven't seen. And, congrats on the birthday Momoko!

Everyone needs to see Great Mouse Detective, and not just because it's my top favourite. 

(08-10-2019, 03:04 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]I can't tell if the Great Mouse Detective is thinking something is great, or if he's agreeing that he is great! But obviously he's feeling great about something.

Or maybe it's that seven percent solution kicking in.

I mean, he does think he is pretty brilliant...

(08-10-2019, 12:43 PM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]Basil, the Great Mouse Detective, is IMO an underrated Disney film that for one reason or another never really got the attention it deserved.

Seriously, my top favourite Disney film. 

- - - 

222. Custom In Progress: Lydia Deetz
[Image: 58461490_ebfa22fc8b38255b1446811902c09781_standard.jpg]
This is a Cassandra doll, from the Tangled TV series. I found her in a charity shop and thought she would make an amazing Lydia Deetz - from the Beetlejuice cartoon, that is. 

I need to put a spot of glue where her head meets her neck because there's a crack there but otherwise... Let's see how long it takes me to actually do this custom.
Oh, I'll be curious about the result! Which costume are you going for?
Hmm... after you set your hobbies aside for a career, relationships, job layoffs, going on the dole, starting over from scratch, tending to aging parents, finally managing to retire, setting aside a tiny sum each month from your pension until you have enough to purchase used craft supplies from a charity shop... I'm guessing fifty to sixty years.
LOL

I suppose my outlook on life is rather bleak, huh?

Cassandra looks rather fierce. Perhaps she can overcome the hurdles reality throws at us and this custom project will be done sooner than in half a century. Her face sculpt is certainly amusing. She reminds me a bit of the "Coraline" dolls.
The character Cassandra wasn’t really fierce as such, she was more there to provide a bit of dark to Rapunzel’s light and to snark at Flynn.
Didn’t like th3 character in the tv series, but she’s going to make a great Lydia. Which outfit are you going to give her?
I'm a lil envious of people's great charity shop finds.
Well, I did find Victor the tiger, but, no super dolly deals.
Good luck with the custom -- hope you enjoy transforming her.
Thanks all! The outfit I've decided on is the main Neitherworld outfit from the cartoon. So black underneath and the red poncho with spiderwebs. Need to get fabric in because I'm out of black and red at the minute.

223. New Shelving Display
[Image: 58504657_bac92d4ebfe29e692b6f7835292e6110_standard.jpg]
I got new shelves. This is one of the displays on it.
The Guardians of the Bookshelf!
(08-12-2019, 06:02 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]The Guardians of the Bookshelf!
Indeed... is there a password to get past them to the books? LOL
We have similar tastes in books. Some of those are on our bookshelves as well.
Congrats on new shelves! Who's that figure behind Wondsie's shoulder?