Dolly Market Forum

Full Version: Werepuppy's (Attempt At) Doll-A-Day 2019!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Marvelous! I actually like your version better than the original, bacause of the flare-y flowy sleeves.
That theatrical pic reminds me of the Novi Stars music video.

Yeah, maybe to be more "stage accurate" the shorts could be a little longer, but your Scara is a Bratz Grrl, so good luck convincing her that longer shorts are better.  yay
Interesting size comparison -- that's quite a range. The dino jammies are cute.
(11-09-2019, 01:20 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]Marvelous! I actually like your version better than the original, bacause of the flare-y flowy sleeves.

Aww, thank you. I was trying to fix them so that - if she wanted - she could wrap around herself and it was like a barrier between her and the world. ... Scaramouche is a b***h by her own words - calling it her nice side - but that doesn't mean the world is easier to handle...

(11-09-2019, 02:40 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]That theatrical pic reminds me of the Novi Stars music video.

Yeah, maybe to be more "stage accurate" the shorts could be a little longer, but your Scara is a Bratz Grrl, so good luck convincing her that longer shorts are better.  yay

Yeah, there's a cyberpunk element to the new costumes. Which, to me at least, gives a very retro future feel but eh, whatever works. I don't see the show till December, and there haven't been any press clips of the new production yet so I can't tell how well it works. 

Scaramouche might be a Bratz Girl, but she does things her way. She wants them longer. 

(11-09-2019, 03:20 PM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting size comparison -- that's quite a range.  The dino jammies are cute.

Thank you! I'd love to be able to get hold of a Peteena the Pampered Poodle at some point, but at lot of the prices can be kind of eye-watering. (Says the girl who has bought Hot Toys.) (I'd also really like an Emerald the Enchanting Witch. Those two are my big vintage wants.)

I still really want my own dino jammies. They are too cool.

- - - 

313: Because She Was Bored
[Image: 61952076_1e0401a9c702bc1cfe378ffbbfe534a6_standard.jpg]
Rey decided that using Kylo as her personal transport was a good idea. Eh, it's not a terrible one.
What does Kylo think about it? Is his inner lover boy stronger than his (not so) inner emo edgelord?
I wonder if Kylo knows the story about Luke and his tauntaun during the snowstorm on Hoth?
Will they stand on their own that way? I guess Hot Toys are generally pretty solid in their posing.
Wow, I'm surprised that Peteena is so 'old' -- I guess I thought that style of anthro doll was more recent. And holy cow, no kidding about the prices!! And now I know what those purple dolls I've seen on Flickr are. Hope you find your vintage treasures.

(11-10-2019, 01:20 AM)werepuppy Wrote: [ -> ]I still really want my own dino jammies. They are too cool.
You wouldn't think they'd be that hard to find, but yeah, a quick look around shows they're mostly kids' or those onesie things. I can get away with kids XL, and I'd totally wear dino jammies too Tongue But I have a hard time finding even regular PJs that I really like.
It’s like they think adults don’t want cool (affordable) pjs sad

We look at the geek T-shirt’s in the kids sections of the clothes shops, and wonder why we can’t get them too.

Nice balancing act with Kylo & Rey there.
Kids always get the best t-shirts and pjs.
(11-10-2019, 01:42 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]What does Kylo think about it? Is his inner lover boy stronger than his (not so) inner emo edgelord?

Kylo is cut between NO and YES. He's always a mixed bag of reactions when it comes to Rey.

(11-10-2019, 02:39 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder if Kylo knows the story about Luke and his tauntaun during the snowstorm on Hoth?

He's heard every variation on how bad they smell. And how cold snow is. EVERY. VARIATION.

(11-10-2019, 11:22 AM)Alliecat Wrote: [ -> ]Will they stand on their own that way?  I guess Hot Toys are generally pretty solid in their posing.
Wow, I'm surprised that Peteena is so 'old' -- I guess I thought that style of anthro doll was more recent.  And holy cow, no kidding about the prices!!  And now I know what those purple dolls I've seen on Flickr are.  Hope you find your vintage treasures.

You wouldn't think they'd be that hard to find, but yeah, a quick look around shows they're mostly kids' or those onesie things.  I can get away with kids XL, and I'd totally wear dino jammies too  Tongue  But I have a hard time finding even regular PJs that I really like.

It took a bit of adjusting but yeah, they were standing on their own! I wouldn't leave them in a pose like that too long though, since it would probably fall over. 

Yeaaaah, honestly I was surprised to learn how old Peteena was, and surprised to see that she's still fairly popular now and commands a decent price. I am always going to be on the look on for my vintage wants at the lower end of their price scale, so I am grateful for the hope ^^

Trying to find good PJs can be hard. This is why we need more cool dino jammies. 

(11-10-2019, 06:16 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: [ -> ]It’s like they think adults don’t want cool (affordable) pjs sad

We look at the geek T-shirt’s in the kids sections of the clothes shops, and wonder why we can’t get them too.

Nice balancing act with Kylo & Rey there.

This is very, very true. I want the cool tops too! 

Thank you! 

(11-10-2019, 07:42 PM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]Kids always get the best t-shirts and pjs.

Sooo, we're starting a petiton for dino pjs, then?

- - - 

314: A Trip to the Theatre
[Image: 61986887_75a14d6a60905806e78b1725e512540b_standard.jpg]
I took Basil with me today to see Six the Musical, since he could fit in my little bag and I had a nice white cloth I could wrap him in to keep him safe. He enjoyed it - wants more theatre trips.
This is so nice! I usually only take my dolls with me on outdoor trips - nature, botanical gardens, lately also cemeteries. I should start taking them to interesting 'inside' places, too! I mostly go to galleries, and they don't usually provide many opportunities to take photos, but next time, I'll try to take a doll with me!
Aw, he looks like he enjoyed himself.
(11-11-2019, 04:47 AM)werepuppy Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-10-2019, 02:39 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder if Kylo knows the story about Luke and his tauntaun during the snowstorm on Hoth?

He's heard every variation on how bad they smell. And how cold snow is. EVERY. VARIATION.

Good... good. Just so's he knows what fate might have in store for him if he becomes a beast of burden.
Basil is already becoming a sophisticated man about town, it seems. Perhaps you will need to find him a coat with tails... no, wait, he already has a tail... so, appropriately stylish semi-formal evening wear, at any rate, for these swank affairs.
We often take a doll to the cinema, but we haven’t taken one to the theatre.
(11-11-2019, 05:51 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: [ -> ]This is so nice! I usually only take my dolls with me on outdoor trips - nature, botanical gardens, lately also cemeteries. I should start taking them to interesting 'inside' places, too! I mostly go to galleries, and they don't usually provide many opportunities to take photos, but next time, I'll try to take a doll with me!

As much as I would love to do more outdoor trips, the general weather prohibts it - especially this year, when it's just feel horrible to try to get decent outside photos. I love your outdoor photos. 

(11-11-2019, 06:42 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: [ -> ]Aw, he looks like he enjoyed himself.

We both did. It was a lot of fun.

(11-11-2019, 10:36 AM)davidd Wrote: [ -> ] 
Good... good. Just so's he knows what fate might have in store for him if he becomes a beast of burden.
Basil is already becoming a sophisticated man about town, it seems. Perhaps you will need to find him a coat with tails... no, wait, he already has a tail... so, appropriately stylish semi-formal evening wear, at any rate, for these swank affairs.

Kylo is well aware and is now scowling. Hah.

Hm, I think I make need to work on making something here... To the fabric box! 

(11-11-2019, 03:37 PM)Elfy Wrote: [ -> ]We often take a doll to the cinema, but we haven’t taken one to the theatre.

It's a fun ex.perience. I'm more likely to take an action figure to the cinema, to be honest. Easier to deal with. 

- - - 

315: Witchy Merida
[Image: 62013454_dfc808251b07f2ee3d55dace441aeac1_standard.jpg]
Okay so a couple of your asked to see Merida in the witch stock outfits so... here we go! This is the Wicked outfit, with the Disney hat, and the Pink Label's broom.